• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sessler & Albert Penello on the Xbox One (Interview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So Albert can come on here and post in the Dead Space 3 LTTP thread and say "I agree, Dead Space 3 was a letdown and I don't think EA should continue the franchise"?

If he enjoys gaming as he claims, he could have come into any thread from 2009 until 2013 and posted about games be that as it may on any console and I don't think anyone would blink an eye. Hell there is a whole OT as well.

I didn't say he said they were more powerful. But he clearly implied because of DirectX and their great s/w knowledge, it's inherently impossible for them to have a big difference in performance, tangible hardware specs be damned. Read it again.

CREATED DirectX --> We know graphics --> There's no 30%+ advantage

He did not. You inferred that.

He said that the difference is not as great as it would appear because of those things. That is a true statement. You are throwing his statement out of proportion. "He clearly implied" No he did not. You put those words in his mouth.

unbias

Tin foil hat conversation is BS. This is a public forum. So now a guy who works for MS can't come in and talk directly to his customers on GAF? Give it a break. There is no reason people can't come and explain themselves on GAF. If you don't like the conversation stay out of MS oriented threads.

If Cerny came on GAF and shit talked MS no one would worry at all.

This isnt a public forum actually... Anywho, he can talk any way he wants, and because this is a community forum, as long as it is with-in the forum guidelines, people can speculate, criticize, praise, or "stay out of it" all they want.

So now you are supposed to comment, discuss, or criticize in conversations you like now? I must have missed that update to GAF's posting rules. I'm not sure what you are actually trying to say, outside of "Leave Brittany Alone".

So Albert can come on here and post in the Dead Space 3 LTTP thread and say "I agree, Dead Space 3 was a letdown and I don't think EA should continue the franchise"?

There are ways to participate in a community as a public figure without saying things like this. Nothing prevents him from posting harmless or completely vanilla comments about games and such.

There's nothing wrong with what he's doing and he's a well-spoken and affable guy but it's pretty clear he's here at least in part to put out some fires.

Chobel

He did not. You inferred that.

He said that the difference is not as great as it would appear because of those things. That is a true statement. You are throwing his statement out of proportion. "He clearly implied" No he did not. You put those words in his mouth.

You wanna explain why is it true?

The Flash

Banned
If he enjoys gaming as he claims, he could have come into any thread from 2009 until 2013 and posted about games be that as it may on any console and I don't think anyone would blink an eye. Hell there is a whole OT as well.

As he claims? Dude has more games and gaming equipment then I do.

tmqwS8al.jpg

Source: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e6b804155869c0f8&id=E6B804155869C0F8%212134&authkey=!AHQbRcdyAppdcFg#cid=E6B804155869C0F8&id=E6B804155869C0F8%212050&authkey=%21AHQbRcdyAppdcFg&v=3

Hate to say it, but unfortunately, we can see where this is going. Same place the Amazon guy went. Hope it doesn't, but...

I think it is a given that Albert is trying to put the best face he can on the Xbone. It would be foolish to assume that he is posting without any sort of spin or bias. Most of us post with our biases as well.

Do we draw the line at people who work for the big 3? Do you draw the line at the people who work for the big publishers to talk about their games? Do you draw the line at the indie developers who talk up their projects and Kickstarters?

Most of us are smart enough to know that there is an agenda, but still enjoy getting a little bit of more personal, direct access to ask questions and (sometimes) get answers.

unbias

I don't think he's naïve enough to believe that he'll be able to sell Gaf anything. We've pretty much all made up our minds on which consoles we are getting and the likelihood of him saying anything profound enough to convince a good number of people here to buy an Xbox One is extremely unlikely. He knows that, we know that. I think he's just here to clarify things every now and then and give his two cents on stuff.

Bold - The arguments in this topic alone show that "GAF" isn't a collective opinion, and there is always a chance to sway opinion. Hell this topic, and the youtube topics show that there is a good strategy going on with getting him involved. Subtle, smart marketing is quite effective, specially when the person on the other end comes across as human. Getting the proper "discussion" going is a huge part of social media marketing, so I'm going to have to disagree with you completely. There is profit in him jumping on here and making the narrative more palatable for a large community. Word of mouth is a great thing, even more so then in the past, thanks to social media.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
As he claims? Dude has more games and gaming equipment then I do.

http://i.imgur.com/tmqwS8al.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That is just the living room, he said the man cave is better.

I know he is a gamer, I should have said "as he says" not claims.

Derrick01

Banned
Tin foil hat conversation is BS. This is a public forum. So now a guy who works for MS can't come in and talk directly to his customers on GAF?

This is the line I was talking about. There's a line between serving your customer base as Tony did and then stepping over it and spinning/manipulating the discussion on false pretenses. If all he was doing was answering questions Xbox fans had then I don't think this fight would be happening here. He's been posting for months with not a lot of problems from what I could see until now.

It's not mysterious or surprising. The only reason it became a talking point is because there are people trying to make it out that after the consoles were announced, that he coincidentally had the desire to become a part of the community. I would say most of the flak he is getting on this end, has a lot more to do with the people trying to defend him(in a way) by saying he isn't trying to "sell" a brand in some form.

It's not coincidental. Here's his console, and he wants to talk about it on here. He did not have a reason to be on here before, so he didn't. It's not abnormal or "curious." He did it now because he wanted to. It's not all that reason to talk about anything. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I wouldn't be surprised if CBOAT does post on GAF using another account for normal stuff

to use him to defend Albert is just grasping at straws since the entire purpose of the CBOAT account is to hide his identity since he's leaking stuff to us

I'm not using him to defend Albert. Frankly, I don't care a fig about the guy. I'm just saying people are getting way out of kilter here for no reason, and it's annoying. Why is it annoying? Because, like SenjutuSage said, now we don't get to ask him any questions. I know he doesn't answer all of us, but I've had him answer questions of mine before. I've also seen him answer one person and not another with the same question. I assume that's because he doesn't feel the need to repeat himself.

Vestal

Gold Member
it is a dangerous thing to do though when you are this visible as a Microsoft employee. He cannot in his capacity as an MS rep comment to aggressively in regards to topics outside of this since people could attribute his comments to Microsoft.

why do you think we have insiders around here that can't be directly linked to a company? Because it allows them more liberty in what they can comment and to what extent.

Satchel

Banned
Maybe he would be posting I don't know? I do know that they have been trying to turn the tide of their momentum by using social networking and messageboard posters. Like Major Nelson, I will never expect anything from him not run through the PR machine beforehand.

If Reggie came here and tried to act like a gaffer and started saying, "play the game" he would be laughed out of here.

Albert has himself admitted they fucked up the messaging.

Ultimately he is part of marketing and I agree most of his posts will be putting a positive spin on Xbox One. But I'm not sure what you'd expect.

He was part of the team that created the console. Naturally he couldn't post about the console before May 21 regardless.

Albert's not the first registered member to post loooooooong after join date. Hell, he may not have been approved for over a year for all we know.

This isnt a public forum actually... Anywho, he can talk any way he wants, and because this is a community forum, as long as it is with-in the forum guidelines, people can speculate, criticize, praise, or "stay out of it" all they want.

So now you are supposed to comment, discuss, or criticize in conversations you like now? I must have missed that update to GAF's posting rules. I'm not sure what you are actually trying to say, outside of "Leave Brittany Alone".

How is it a private forum? I can log in from any web browser without permission and join as long as I have access to a non web email. And lastly you can always choose what topics you read. I am just pointing out that you see more criticism in the MS threads then Sony threads. It just gets old.

I own both PS3 and X360 and am buying PS4 and XB1. One of these systems going down is bad for this hobby. I just don't understand the hate for companies that support the industry we all love. They have both made bad decisions numerous times in the past.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What a disaster thread. Why does everything have to be so contentious all the time? There isn't even any discussion of value going on anymore. Just cattiness. Knock it off, everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom