• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adele - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
the album could have done with a more diverse range of subject matter.

we get it, honey, you were dumped.

holy shit @ this thread's timing.

I just heard this album (hadn't heard any of her music before) and can't stop playing Rolling In The Deep or Turning Tables.

...and I'm absolutely in love with the video for RITD. I think it's just brilliant.

Such a soulful singer. Also, she's cute to me. I like her vibe. haters hate.

Saw the album mentioned constantly on hip hop blogs, and was confused so I previewed it on iTunes. Downloaded it shortly after previewing Rolling In The Deep. Amazing album. Wow what an amazing voice.

On a side note, my mom (late 50s black lady) heard the song and loved it immediately, then went out and bought the album. Her words: "it's good to have a large and in charge lady dominating again" lol

bill0527

Watched some YouTube videos and yeah she isn't much to look at, but goddamn she can sing. I bought the album on iTunes and just finished it. What a nice breath of fresh air for pop music. No flash, auto tune, 200 dancers on stage, light shows that can give you a seizure, or songs filled with collaborations from trendy hip hop stars. Just a unique soulful voice.

I'm digging it a lot and this is coming from someone who has pretty much detested pop music with every fiber of my being over the last decade or so.

Oozer3993

Irish

I don't know. Rolling in the Deep is such a badass song that I'm disappointed nothing on the rest of the album sounds much like it.

Majmun

projekt84 said:
Wait... some people out there judge a SINGER on how he/she LOOKS?

But you can hear her fatness through her songs!! :rolleyes

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. But not surprising. Modern media is all about looks instead of talent.

I'm glad to see this album doing well. Third week nr1 in the States. Bravo, Adele.

I have to say that she manages to pull off her weight quite well, as in it doesn't look that bad on her with the way she dresses etc as it would on many people.

That's of course completely unimportant compared to how awesome the album is. :)

Maleficence said:
I have to say that she manages to pull off her weight quite well, as in it doesn't look that bad on her with the way she dresses etc as it would on many people.

That's of course completely unimportant compared to how awesome the album is. :)
that's because most Americans have no fucking class when it comes to weight or dress.

I was at the club last night and *most* of the women were wearing skin-tight shirts. This wouldn't be a problem if their pot-bellies and muffin tops weren't on clear display.

At least 50% of the women were pudgy in that way, but almost none of them seemed to display any taste or fashion sense when it came to proper fit.

It was sad more than anything else. But maybe I'm just tired of people trying to be something other than what they are.

Heard rolling in the deep on the radio and was pretty impressed. She has a pretty awesome voice, gonna start listening to some other songs.

Dreams-Visions said:
that's because most Americans have no fucking class when it comes to weight or dress.

I was at the club last night and *most* of the women were wearing skin-tight shirts. This wouldn't be a problem if their pot-bellies and muffin tops weren't on clear display.

At least 50% of the women were pudgy in that way, but almost none of them seemed to display any taste or fashion sense when it came to proper fit.

It was sad more than anything else. But maybe I'm just tired of people trying to be something other than what they are.

O fucking please, it's not like the US is the only place where people judge people by appearance. Get over yourself.

projekt84 said:
Wait... some people out there judge a SINGER on how he/she LOOKS?

People have judged singers/performers on appearance for ages, this isn't some new sensation.

Majmun

Does anyone know if she'll ever release a new video? The radio plays Set fire to the rain and Someone like you constantly. But there's no video...

EYEL1NER

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Heard rolling in the deep on the radio and was pretty impressed. She has a pretty awesome voice, gonna start listening to some other songs.
It's almost a month later than Zaraki did, but I just heard Rolling in the Deep on the radio and absolutely loved it. I'm gonna have to give her other songs some listening to.

EYEL1NER said:
It's almost a month later than Zaraki did, but I just heard Rolling in the Deep on the radio and absolutely loved it. I'm gonna have to give her other songs some listening to.

Unfortunately they're not much like Rolling In The Deep.

It's her best song by a margin of about 10 million%

Koodo

Banned
butter_stick said:
Unfortunately they're not much like Rolling In The Deep.

It's her best song by a margin of about 10 million%
I have to agree with this.

Well, I also love like 4 other songs, but regardless: the album gets boring. It's too much heartbreak about the same guy (did she do anything else in her life?) and the pace slows to a crawl. I felt disappointed that the album started with the anthem of the year, moved to a raucous pop song, and from then on delved exclusively into slow ballads or moody jazz songs.

Adele is still my new princess though. After seeing interviews of her, girl has a bucket of fierce and then some. And dat voice (which she knows how to use, unlike that certain other now-pudgy blonde popstar who cannot stop wailing).

Hopefully some cool producer will get her to sing on some electronic songs. Left by herself she's probably just gonna pump out ballads for the next decade.

Koodo said:
I have to agree with this.

Well, I also love like 4 other songs, but regardless: the album gets boring. It's too much heartbreak about the same guy (did she do anything else in her life?) and the pace slows to a crawl. I felt disappointed that the album started with the anthem of the year, moved to a raucous pop song, and from then on delved exclusively into slow ballads or moody jazz songs.

Adele is still my new princess though. After seeing interviews of her, girl has a bucket of fierce and then some. And dat voice (which she knows how to use, unlike that certain other now-pudgy blonde popstar who cannot stop wailing).
concur. and yea, the last album...you almost want to say, "hey...get over him" after a few play-throughs.

Majmun

butter_stick said:
Hopefully some cool producer will get her to sing on some electronic songs. Left by herself she's probably just gonna pump out ballads for the next decade.

No no no. Don't want her to sound like a generic pop artist. Less is more when it comes to Adele. Her voice makes the music, not the other way around.

I personally love her style. Simple and mellow music for my ears. Can listen to it all day...

Second said:
No no no. Don't want her to sound like a generic pop artist. Less is more when it comes to Adele. Her voice makes the music, not the other way around.

I personally love her style. Simple and mellow music for my ears. Can listen to it all day...

It's not like I want her singing over Basshunter songs. But there's little edge to most of her work, and it'd be nice if outside her records she put her good voice on some music that isn't bland and repetitive.

Koodo

Banned
butter_stick said:
I also don't think electronic music would fit her. All I want is for a more eclectic album. She proved in 21 that she is capable of hitting a home run on different styles of music that are consistent with her image and voice, but the problem was that one particular style of song vastly dominated the album. If a few more RITD or Rumour Has It were sprinkled throughout rather than yet another slow heartbreak song, I wouldn't have any complains.

Lebron

I feel bad I just heard her on the radio(Rolling in the Deep) as I was driving home.

What a marvelous voice. I am now a fan.

Joe

rolling in the deep is amazing. when i heard it the first time i couldn't figure out if it was from the 60's/70's or new and i thought that was awesome. there is nothing better than a breath of fresh air in music.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Joe said:
rolling in the deep is amazing. when i heard it the first time i couldn't figure out if it was from the 60's/70's or new and i thought that was awesome. there is nothing better than a breath of fresh air in music.

I thought exactly the same thing. Heard it by chance on the radio a while back and was like, "How did I never hear this song all these years?"

Great stuff.

Dany

Banned
after seeing her at 1 on itunes for so long I decided to listen to it and then finally bought it. great song

Cyrillus

I love this album. Also, I want to marry Adele. She's like the fat girl with the great personality that always wanted you but you overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom