• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adele looking fine sets off the internet because appropriation

Tesseract

Banned
Cute, but not quite my tempo.
rWIpQh4.gif

Last edited:

YCoCg

I like how Black Americans was trending earlier on Twitter and it was full of Black people from other countries roasting how sensitive people are for trying to paint this as a race thing.

DESTROYA

Is it a good look on her , no but this cultural appropriation shit has got to stop. She was in Jamaica having fun .
It’s not like she’s going to permanently steal this look , pretty pathetic that someone gets so worked up over shit like this.
So should I be upset American college’s are appropriating Greek culture with all the togas and “Greek life” garbage ?
I just laugh at it all .

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Every negative term only applies to white people. Black people can't culturally appropriate because they actually created everything, including the pyramids in Egypt.

And Israel, and Samurais.

ps: but seriously, the whole notion of cultural appropriation is bullshit. Every single motherfucker on earth is mixed on some level (because after thousands of years of humans existing it would be impossible not to).

Last edited:

tkscz

This is coming from someone who likes fat women, who gives a fuck?

She lost weight, who cares. You can't complain when someone chooses to loose weight and advocate the choice of staying fat.

In the in, ain't your body, ain't your choice 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Ah, this isn't about her losing the weight this time. Why her eyes look sunk in? Her face straight up looks like she's hitting an 8ball.

Last edited:

Hellraizah

One thing that makes me laugh about REEEtards screaming everywhere about cultural appropriation is that you always hear them saying "Black culture".

Saying black culture in itself is racist because it doesn't exist, but assumes that all black people come from the same place/culture.

So, they say this is about Jamaicans... if Adele was a black woman, would they cry about it? Nobody would bat an eye and she would be praised like there's no tomorrow.

She could be born in England from Nigerian immigrants, she's BLACK, she can dress like that! Like Nigera and Jamaica is the same culture.

Let's make something clear : that's why the left is imploding. These moronic double standards they have always make no sense and, in the end, they trip over themselves by trying to be more virtuous than everyone else while in reality, they are shitty people hiding their flaws by trying to deflect on others.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
One thing that makes me laugh about REEEtards screaming everywhere about cultural appropriation is that you always hear them saying "Black culture".

Saying black culture in itself is racist because it doesn't exist, but assumes that all black people come from the same place/culture.

So, they say this is about Jamaicans... if Adele was a black woman, would they cry about it? Nobody would bat an eye and she would be praised like there's no tomorrow.

She could be born in England from Nigerian immigrants, she's BLACK, she can dress like that! Like Nigera and Jamaica is the same culture.

Let's make something clear : that's why the left is imploding. These moronic double standards they have always make no sense and, in the end, they trip over themselves by trying to be more virtuous than everyone else while in reality, they are shitty people hiding their flaws by trying to deflect on others.

There‘s definitely a problem of overly “woke” Americans trying to enforce political correctness on non-Americans.

The Japanese don’t give a shit if white people wear kimonos, Hispanics don’t care if you wear sombreros, and they sure as shit don’t want to start saying “Latinx” in place of “Latina/Latino”.

diffusionx

Gold Member
There‘s definitely a problem of overly “woke” Americans trying to enforce political correctness on non-Americans.

The Japanese don’t give a shit if white people wear kimonos, Hispanics don’t care if you wear sombreros, and they sure as shit don’t want to start saying “Latinx” in place of “Latina/Latino”.

"Latinx" doesn't even make sense in the language. It's an ugly, awful sounding word. It's 100% for white liberals and Hispanic college students with an axe to grind because their parents never taught them the language growing up.

Top Bottom