• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Affleck's The Batman Set for 2018, Filming Starting Spring 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
CsVYeQbWcAA_pgh

Nite Owl going to fuck shit up with Speed Boy and crew.

kswiston

I do think that a Suicide Squad 2 runs the risk of falling in the same trap as TMNT2, where the first film opened over expectations and had good legs, while the sequel saw its business cut in half. I don't think that the drop on Suicide Squad 2 would necessarily be that bad, but taking the most popular part of the first film and trying something different does seem like a smart move.

I wouldn't mind seeing Capt Boomerang show up in The Flash, or Deadshot in Batman though.

So everyone coming away saying that the first one was a bad fucking movie are, what, lying?

Everyone's a shotcaller til the cards or the table, or some other gambling metaphor I cant enunciate

Point is Suicide Squad 2 would be a sure bet, people hating on it would be a sure bet, and it making money would be a sure bet. House still wins.

Ya dig?

Box died after the first couple weeks, it had almost no legs.

Why are we back to this again? It was super profitable. If anything that implies that with an uptick in movie quality it will perform even better due to the built in adoration for the property and characters. Rather or not they can deliver a higher quality product though...

norm9

I got faith in Affleck. He's gonna make sure the villain and climax isn't a cgi fest. That's all these super hero movies need to avoid. Just remake The Town with Batman as the main dude.

J_Viper

I do think that a Suicide Squad 2 runs the risk of falling in the same trap as TMNT2, where the first film opened over expectations and had good legs, while the sequel saw its business cut in half. I don't think that the drop on Suicide Squad 2 would necessarily be that bad, but taking the most popular part of the first film and trying something different does seem like a smart move.

I think a big difference would be star power

SS2 would, presumably, have Big Willy and Margot return.

TMNT2 had....Stephen Amell

Going off memory the current known cast is:

Affleck as Batman
Simmons as Gordon
Irons as Alfred
Joe M as Deathstroke

Leto, Robbie, and others are only rumored I think.

On story, Affleck said he wants a mystery, detective story, citing Maltese Falcon.

Nice. That's a great four.
Can't wait for more of Irons' Alfred.

Amen to that. Leto Joker needs to retire. Easily the worst portrayal of Joker on screen. He just channeled Jim Carrey from Ace Ventura and made it seem "edgy".

Yeah, I really don't need that Joker again, unless they change him and his look pretty significantly.

I do think that a Suicide Squad 2 runs the risk of falling in the same trap as TMNT2, where the first film opened over expectations and had good legs, while the sequel saw its business cut in half.

A shame since it was better than the first IMO.

Maximo

Assuming this movie doesn't get cancelled. I still think there's a very real possibility that if Wonder Woman flops, WB will send Justice League out to die and then pull the plug on the Snyderverse.

Sorry this is the darkest timeline where DC movies are shit, nothing stops this madness.

Sesha

Batman will come out the third weekend of July, 2018. Battle Angel Atila will have to move and bomb on some other date. I would bet money on this.

:(:(:(

Alita is actually happening?

Yes. Cameron bailed as director, but instead we're getting Robert Rodriguez. With some chick that appeared in the Divergent and Maze Runner sequels as Alita. Also with Cameron out Fox is trying to reduce the budget.

Darkest timeline.

batman v superman made batman look like a big dumb meathead, does anyone agree?

i hope ben affleck doesn't have to follow any DC guidelines and has 100% creative freedom

So since everyone on Earth agrees that Leto's Joker sucked, here's how the movie is going to play out.

Death in the Family/Under the Red Hood adaptation. Joker kills Jason Todd, as in the comic. Flashback to "joke's on you" Robin suit in BvS optional. Except instead of getting away, the goddamn Batman beats the Joker to death. To death. Years later, there's no Red Hood, but the Joker reappears, and yes, it's Jason Todd because he's gone insane.

An idea so shitty that I expect DCEU to do it.

I wonder if Jared Leto's Joker is fixable.

I think so. I didn't really mind the guy tbh but he was just given some very garbage material to work with. Like I think there was something there in the scene between him and the prison guard at the bookies place. More scenes like that and less of the cornball other shit we got (especially between him and harley) and it would be aiight.

Swag mob boss joker was fine by me. Goggins would be preferred but I don't think they're gonna drop Leto.

I really don't want to see harley Quinn in this though. She was trash and both her and the joker were at their worst together. They neutered the relationship and had some very corny scenes whenever they were in the same vicinity.

Leto played four or five different Jokers in Suicide Squad and I liked parts of two of them. Worst was the reshoot and dubbed Joker with a very different voice, wig, and bad prosthetics. I'm less concerned about if he's capable than I am if he cares. He could either phone it in or try and redeem himself.

I really can't wait for the sequel, "It's the Bat, Man!"

Scene:

Batman, standing upon the highest building in Gotham, gazes into the sunset.
He is overwhelmed with relief and happiness after having just arrested every known criminal in the city.
Batman takes a long look into the grand Gotham skyline.
He whispers softly under his breath:
"You know, Bruce, we really are The Batman".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom