• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Africans in Russia ( Yeah...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
DOBERMAN INC said:
Nah the only way they can identify someone as a Muslim is if they wear a turban anyway:lol I don't think the average idiot on the street know the difference and would not care If he/she was a Sikh or whatever.

I'm pretty sure Muslims aren't required to wear a turban (Nor is the head covering some choose to wear even referred to as one?)?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
NetMapel said:
Neo Nazi Russians ? Maybe they should watch Enemies at the Gate and learn that Russians fought some long and hard battles against the Nazi during WWII.

Of all the films to choose from, you chose that.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
harSon said:
I'm pretty sure Muslims aren't required to wear a turban (Nor is the head covering some choose to wear even referred to as one?)?

The Turban is a thing worn by people of the desert. Some of my people wore it. Why I wore one a few years ago to school!

Jibril said:
I am of the opinion that where ever people hate jews ( Who are just as white as white can be), they despise black people even more.
Really, black people are the most hated group in the world. It's a fact. There's no other way around it.
i try not to think about it, but even in the USA, there's a world of difference between new york and georgia, for example.

harSon said:

I know I was talking about how the people who are racists are so unaware of what/Who they are angry at.

Veidt

DOBERMAN INC said:
I know I was talking about how the people who are racists are so unaware of what/Who they are angry at.

Yeah, it's ridiculous how many Sikhs get attacked for being "Muslims". :lol

Veidt

industrian said:
Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners.
Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma.

Dai Kaiju

Racisim is and always will be a party of humanity until there is only one race. Then we'll just find a new reason to hate each other.

Zeke said:
got a link to this by chance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_S._Patton
Patton said:
On black soldiers: "Individually they were good soldiers, but I expressed my belief at the time, and have never found the necessity of changing it, that a colored soldier cannot think fast enough to fight in armor."[30]

Patton said:
Men, you're the first Negro tankers to ever fight in the American Army. I would never have asked for you if you weren't good. I have nothing but the best in my Army. I don't care what color you are as long as you go up there and kill those Kraut sons of bitches. Everyone has their eyes on you and is expecting great things from you. Most of all your race is looking forward to you. Don't let them down and damn you, don't let me down![33]

industrian

Jibril said:
Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma.

Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children.

Veidt

industrian said:
Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children.
REPUBLICAN Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children.

Doesn't surprise me...from my Mom's experience with Russian and Eastern European academics, they often don't seem to recognise their is a racism problem...

As a bboy however, eastern european/Russian bboys seem to be cool peeps, but thats not surprising given bboyings afro-hispanic origins...you would have to be an especially dumb bitch to be racist in that camp

Lich_King

I've been attacked, denied loans, couldn't even get passport and other documents in Moscow for not being white and then I moved to USA and suddenly became white :lol

shaft said:

They're from the the form Soviet Union huh? So does that mean they're not of jewish heritage?

Jibril said:
REPUBLICAN Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children.

Holocaust denying REPUBLICAN Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children and are huge Sammy Davis Jr. fans.

harSon said:
To answer the question, humans are simply capable of horrid things, had the roles been flipped (Africa being the economic super power in place of Europe), I'm sure we'd be in a similar situation, only with Whites being ill treated instead.

Even when Africa was a superpower there wasn't much-to-any ill treatment of other nations/people on their part

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Pterion said:
Where's the laughing crying smiley when you need it?

gonk.gif

this works better, imo

Veidt

Choke on the Magic said:
Holocaust denying REPUBLICAN Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children and are huge Sammy Davis Jr. fans.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

industrian

Choke on the Magic said:

Holocaust denying REPUBLICAN Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children (who're married to Asians) and are huge Sammy Davis Jr. fans

shaft said:
It's sad how almost all of the Eastern European countries are racist (Poland for example)

Skip the whole eastern block if you can...it's depressing to as hell to visit to tell you the truth...

Asmodai

Banned
That sounds horrible, but then I wonder how many Russians living in Moscow period have been assaulted, probably 50%. The Russians are crazy about violence, and they don't even have guns, they just do it with clubs and knives and whatnot.

PhoenixDark said:
Even when Africa was a superpower there wasn't much-to-any ill treatment of other nations/people on their part

Egyptians and Carthaginians weren't Africans. Both of those civilizations enslaved plenty of more southern Africans.

Veidt

industrian said:
Holocaust denying REPUBLICAN Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children (who're married to Asians) and are huge Sammy Davis Jr. fans

*mind destruction*

agrajag

Banned
Asmodai said:
That sounds horrible, but then I wonder how many Russians living in Moscow period have been assaulted, probably 50%. The Russians are crazy about violence, and they don't even have guns, they just do it with clubs and knives and whatnot.

we're savages, rawr

industrian

Jibril said:
*mind destruction*

Holocaust denying REPUBLICAN Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children (who're married to Asians) and are huge Sammy Davis Jr. fans who blew Jibril's mind.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
agrajag said:
^ That's some real bullshit. Skiptastic. First of all, I am a Russian, and I'm not scary at all. Second, I've never seen a black person in Moscow. Second, Russians are a lot less racist than Americans. We never considered people of other nationalities lower than human (in fact that was always something Commies liked to throw in US's face during the Cold War). Third, everyone in Moscow has been assaulted at least once, not just black. My mom got assaulted in broad daylight in public for having a "jew nose." The really big problem there is anti-semitism, if anything.

So your white mom got attacked for having a "jew nose" but NO WAY would a black person or "African", which could be Northen African, be assaulted!

harSon

Banned
Asmodai said:

Egyptians and Carthaginians weren't Africans. Both of those civilizations enslaved plenty of more southern Africans.

What?

Veidt

industrian said:
Holocaust denying REPUBLICAN Muslim Neo-Nazi-Israeli Blacks with same-sex partners from Roma and adopted African children (who're married to Asians) and are huge Sammy Davis Jr. fans who blew Jibril's mind.

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Neo Nazi Russians ? Maybe they should watch Enemies at the Gate and learn that Russians fought some long and hard battles against the Nazi during WWII.

You do know that Stalin very likely killed more Jewish people than Nazi Germany right? Just saying, if we are comparing "allies" who turned on each other during WWII from bad movies..

harSon

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
It's true, at least as far as Egypt goes

live-20090727.jpg

They're on the continent of Africa and they're North African if you want to be specific, the term "Middle East" is just bullshit Eurocentric mumbo jumbo. It doesn't even have a specific definition...

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Blackace said:
You do know that Stalin very likely killed more Jewish people than Nazi Germany right? Just saying, if we are comparing "allies" who turned on each other during WWII from bad movies..

On the plus side he did give them a nice little state out east..... just a shame no jews want/wanted to live there :lol

Veidt

i_am_ben said:
i think he is trying to say they weren't black. Although, that's a huge debate in itself especially in the case of Egypt.

Egyptians were well connected with the place where I was born. Some people say there's also a genetic connection with our people. We do look rather look alike.

According to this article below, they used to call it "Ta netjer, the "land of the god""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Punt

harSon said:
They're on the continent of Africa and they're North African if you want to be specific, the term "Middle East" is just bullshit Eurocentric mumbo jumbo. It doesn't even have a specific definition...

I think you want to take a better look at the map...

harSon

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
I think you want to take a better look at the map...

:lol

That's pretty horrible, I only took a quick glance, should have taken a closer look considering it's from Fox News :lol

Serious question. Why are black people so hated? It's not like black people ever enslaved Europeans ( or any other ethnic group) then took them to work on plantations or something..

I can't for the life of me figure it out. Maybe non-black GAF can tell me why people they know ( who aren't fond of black people) hate us.

I mean, when I ( Much like most of GAF I presume) look at other people,caucasian,asian middle-eastern etc. I don't get a feeling of hatred towards them.

So why do you think?

As a Black person, I've always understood it to be a mixture of class based prejudice and just plain racism. Personally, I've always wondered why the Jews are so hated, probably even moreso than Blacks. Unlike Blacks, they don't have a lower class image associated with them. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
theignoramus said:
As a Black person, I've always understood it to be a mixture of class based prejudice and just plain racism. Personally, I've always wondered why the Jews are so hated, probably even moreso than Blacks. Unlike Blacks, they don't have a lower class image associated with them. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

People associate jews with banks and diamonds (isn't the word "jewelry" derived from "jew"? maybe that's a myth), hence money, hence power. That's pretty much the more-or-less foundation of it. Then there's the whole Christian and Muslim side, which together is a whole lot of people.

zou

Enosh said:
fun fact: not the whole world is a "melting pod" like the USA. Overall racism is a much bigger problem, not only in Russia, but basicly everywhere in Europe than it is in the USA. Minorities in Europe are preaty much throwen in ghetos have a hard time getting jobs and aren't seen as "insert nationality of the country they are in" even if they behave like they are fully assimilated. In the US you are seen as american if you behave like one. In Europe you are seen as European if you have the family tree to prove it, fully assimilated immigrants aren't accepted in Europe by as many % of people like they would be in the US

Bullshit. First of all, no on considers themselves or anyone else for that matter European. No one is throwing anyone into Ghettos. And it's also fairly easy to "pass" as American, since it's a country virtually made up of immigrants. Are you honestly surprised that Turks in Germany or Indians/Pakistani in England will not be instantly thought of as nationals? That's not to say that any of what you said is correct though, assimilated immigrants are accepted by pretty much everyone except maybe racists.

The problem unfortunately is that a very large number chooses not to. They are living among each others with hardly any contact to the local populations, they chose not to learn the language, often even the second or third generation is hopelessly ignorant of it. Add their poor education, religion and (partly based on that) their nonacceptance of local customs and/or even worse laws and you have roughly the situation in say Germany. That's not even touching upon the "Germans" from Russia.

Make an effort, try to integrate and, oh surprise, people will actually give a damn about you.

Mattlikewhoa said:
Skip the whole eastern block if you can...it's depressing to as hell to visit to tell you the truth...

This is unfortunately true. It's scary how ignorant and backwards for example Poland is. The worst part is that that in this case the youth is even more extreme than the previous generation, which doesn't bode well for the future. And don't get me started on the neo-nazi scum..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom