• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After watching PS5 and XSX games showcase trailers, it's safe to say..

Status
Not open for further replies.

longdi

Banned
spot on.
I had warned Phil already, to show game play trailers.
Dont follow Sony with their cinema-wanabe cuts.
It was especially bad when the likes of Avowed and Fable are pure CG, while you can expect HFW is realtime engine

Last edited:
Only games from either show I really am excited about...like im sure ill play a good portion of stuff shown from both sides..
Only games i'm legit excited for are Medium, Timeloop, Spiderman, Stalker 2, and probably the CrossFireX campaign.

I'm more excited about getting into carrion, and a bunch of indies dropping this fall. None that I need a PS5 or Series X to play

Either both sides are holding off for better content reveals throughout late summer/the fall or I might be riding this 2080 Super on out until we see what the Spring brings us console wise.

Bodomism

Banned
spot on.
It was especially bad when the likes of Avowed and Fable are pure CG, while you can expect HFW is realtime engine
After Halo infinite demo, I was like "What the hell im supposed to see here? Where's the gameplay segment?" and it went till the end like that with little to none gameplay in the trailers ffs"

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
spot on.

Fable is a long way off, it just feels like they wanted to confirm it with how many rumors there were, like with Starfield and Tes 6

Dee_Dee

They need to stop having hour long shows if it’s just gonna be CG trailers and indies/AA games.

Just have a smaller 25-30 minute show that shows 3 or 4 of your heavy hitters with gameplay segments and some words from the developers

Bodomism

Banned
Because they sell games, not promises
Nintendo : Here's the trailers of what you could do in the game with a little bit of story cutscenes.

Me: Hell yeah.

Microsoft : Here's the world premier trailer that consisted mostly of CGI and in-game cutscenes.

Me: Wut? Are you trying to sell the game or movie?

Fbh

Lol what?
The Zelda trailer with the horrible voice acting? Hinting at the franchise actually having an enjoyable story for once that just ends up being a bunch of flashbacks? With the great music that's not even in the game?

Breath of the Wild was great but I liked the Horizon trailer better and I also think it was a better representation of what to actually expect of the game.

The Mario trailer was great though. Gameplay focused and a good representation of the game

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Lol what?
The Zelda trailer with the horrible voice acting? Hinting at the franchise actually having an enjoyable story for once that just ends up being a bunch of flashbacks? With the great music that's not even in the game?

Breath of the Wild was great but I liked the Horizon trailer better and I also think it was a better representation of what to actually expect of the game.

The Mario trailer was great though. Gameplay focused and a good representation of the game

97 metascore says hi. Only a few people hate that trailer but most people enjoyed it as the game turned out to be the highest rated game of generation.

bender

What time is it?

Gonna keep reposting this because THIS is how you sell next-gen IMHO.

Infinite looked okay but I am actually pretty happy with what they showed with The Medium. Looking forward to that one.

That video looks like Titanfall with a hint of Bulletstorm, with a darker grittier vibe and lots of wind. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it doesn't seem like anything that couldn't be accomplished on the hardware we have (fidelity aside).

LucidFlux

Man I forgot how epic that Zelda trailer was, and thank you for reminding me I need to go back and finish Odyssey!

TheContact

When you aren't scared to show off what you have, we get good trailers like the OP posted.
When the games are not living up to expectations or are so far behind in development, we get CGI trailers. I feel like a lot of this is due to Covid.

JLMC469

Banned
Both showcases were crap. Saying one was better than the other is like saying a fart stinks less than the other.

Sill don’t know what console to get first.

Kamina

Golden Boy
TLOU2 and Tsushima?

Or do you mean god of war and horizon?

Ahhh I bet you mean death stranding and bloodborne..

MAYBE Uncharted 4 and lost legacy?
ohyou.jpg

No, I mean the two games already shown in the OP.
And dont you mention TLOU 2

Last edited:

Fbh

97 metascore says hi. Only a few people hate that trailer but most people enjoyed it as the game turned out to be the highest rated game of generation.

The hell does the metascore have to do with the quality of the trailer and how well it represents the game?

And also who cares about Metacritic? WOW according to the likes of IGN and Gamespot Breath of the Wild is slightly worse than GTA IV...amazing!.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

It's kind of incredible what Nintendo has managed to do with a mobile chipset compared to their competitors. Yeah the console stuff can crush those games in terms of fancy visuals, but man if the Nintendo stuff isn't still more compelling than 98% of the games on the other platforms. Would love to see an updated switch with better capabilities though.

Too much cinematic CGI/in-game cutscenes garbage and too little gameplay showcase in the trailers.

It's like they got stuck in the year 2006 when the PS3 and X360 was released. You are TWO GENS ahead of the consoles, with no excuse of justifying cinematic trailers when that has always been the benchmark "target" for next-gen expectations from back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom