• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Platy

Did you actually watched the whole S2? I don't get where you're getting much of what you writed.

Yes ... she tryed to like her dad, he fucked up. She them tryed to like her mom, she fucked up. Then her dad kinda saved her and became good and .... she mindwipped him.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to mind wipping someone I LIKE. And that was someone who saved you from your mom that wanted to kill you.

So ... the name "Daisy" represents everyone that she is not a fan of.

Famassu

That what makes no sense.

Why use a name all of sudden that you never liked/used because some dudes that tryed to manipulate you choose it ?

She now loves her dad because she mind wiped him ?

THAT is what makes her choose the random paper name over the one she identify as for YEARS ?

This makes absolutly no sense.
She never knew her name until recently. It's not that she never used it because she never liked it. And she did come to somewhat love her father after she saw his feelings were sincere and that there was a good man inside the lunacy caused by losing his daughter & taking those chemicals. He was manipulated by the woman he loved much like the same woman almost manipulated Daisy/Skye. She somewhat forgave him for all his past bad deeds after she understood who was behind most of it and saw that by mind-wiping him she could give him a better life.

Khaz

Why use a name all of sudden that you never liked/used because some dudes that tryed to manipulate you choose it ?

THAT is what makes her choose the random paper name over the one she identify as for YEARS ?

She was always in an identity crisis. She chose Skye because the name the orphanage gave her was just a random name and she hated it and everything it represented. She had been looking for her parents her whole adult life and the whole first season.

When she first found her dad she saw a murderous psychopath. She hated him for what he was, but loved him for what he had been, and with the help of her mother, learned to know him better and realised his unconditional love. Taking his name is her own way of acknowledging who their parents are, even though she mind-wiped him for his own good.

She identifies as both names now though, with Daisy being her official name for paperwork and Shield duties, Skye being a nickname on the internet and for her closest friends and
Quake being her codename while on secret missions

Frog-fu

Banned

It's not all of a sudden.

Mary Sue Poots was the name the system gave her and she hated it.

Skye was the name she chose herself but it was just one of her many aliases.

Daisy is the name she never knew her parents gave her, and now that she does, she knows that she wasn't given away or wasn't wanted but that her parents loved her so much they went mad when they lost her.

It may have been for just a little while, but the time she spent at Afterlife, having dinner with her parents - that's all she wanted her entire life, to have a family and know the love of her parents.

That's why she has decided to use the name. It's not sudden or inhuman (hehehe), it's natural.

background.jpg
Yes! It's almost time! Thanks for the OP, TheOddOne.

[edit] Here's the last thread's top 25 wall of shame, after 16,522 posts:

Code:
Slayven 		553
anaron 			489
BKatastrophe 		391
Danthrax 		367
kirblar 		360
Hours Left 		332
Neoxon 			321
Dai101 			303
BrokenFiction 		302
fallengorn 		252
duckroll 		252
Jest Chillin 		251
richiek 		251
HeySeuss 		225
J10 			222
NotTheGuyYouKill 	205
StudioTan 		191
Father_Brain 		188
TacticalFox88 		183
Htown 			156
guek 			155
Pai Pai Master 		149
StarCreator 		148
coolasj19 		141
iosefe 			138
We in there
DUDE , SPOILERS!
VfrJTs5.gif

I won't be able to handle that, but it would be cool

EDIT: Also psyched that they're limiting the episodes to 22, instead of the network standard of 24-26.

Quality > Quantity
I don't know if it's all ABC shows, but both this and Once Upon a Time have basically been doing half seasons, meaning that it's practically two 11-12 episode seasons back to back. It's a much better formula.
Habitat for Inhumanity
WHERE WERE YOU BEFORE!?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

It's like you didn't even watch the show.

One of her biggest arcs since the beginning of Season 1 was finding out who she really was and who her parents were.

Now she knows she's Daisy Johnson and despite the fact that her mother turned out to be somewhat psychotic both her parents loved her and her father had been trying to track her down his whole life.

She's embracing her real name because that's who she really is, which is something she's wanted since she was a child. You act like finding out her past was forced upon her rather than being something she was actively seeking.

Sadist

Hmm, I thought posted more in the season 2 thread. Oh well.

Can't wait for more Ward scenes. Stupid sexy Ward.

Edit: Oh my that Chloe pic

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Chloe Bennett's new look is so good you guys.

Code:
Slayven 		553
anaron 			489
BKatastrophe 		391
Danthrax 		367
kirblar 		360
Hours Left 		332
Neoxon 			321
Dai101 			303
BrokenFiction 		302
fallengorn 		252
duckroll 		252
Jest Chillin 		251
richiek 		251
HeySeuss 		225
J10 			222
NotTheGuyYouKill 	205
StudioTan 		191
Father_Brain 		188
TacticalFox88 		183
Htown 			156
guek 			155
Pai Pai Master 		149
StarCreator 		148
coolasj19 		141
iosefe 			138

First time I've been on a wall of shame in a while I think

HeySeuss

Oh man I didn't realize this started next week. Yes!!!

Is there going to be a Civil War tie in like they've done with the last 2 seasons?

Famassu

Oh man I didn't realize this started next week. Yes!!!

Is there going to be a Civil War tie in like they've done with the last 2 seasons?
Some kind of tie in is probably certain, though whether it'll be something a bit smaller like S2 or super major game changer thing like S1, that's to be seen. The Civil War could have huge consequences for the team of people with powers that Daisy & Coulson will be gathering.

Some kind of tie in is probably certain, though whether it'll be something a bit smaller like S2 or super major game changer thing like S1, that's to be seen. The Civil War could have huge consequences for the team of people with powers that Daisy & Coulson will be gathering.

While still possible, it'd be harder for practical reasons to pull off a TWS-esque tie-in, given that there will only be 2-3 episodes left in the season after it opens.

LaNaranja

Has that 30 second thing been the only video released for season 3? The show comes out next week and we have seen more footage from the DC slate of shows that premiere in October.

They should have attached a small Civil War teaser to this to help raise interest in the premiere.

jmood88

Has that 30 second thing been the only video released for season 3? The show comes out next week and we have seen more footage from the DC slate of shows that premiere in October.

They should have attached a small Civil War teaser to this to help raise interest in the premiere.
Why does any of this matter to you? It's clear that ABC/Disney has no plans of getting rid of the show anytime soon.

Christian

First of the show threads I'll be participating in, but LET'S DO THIS. I'm making that Wall of Shame, so help me, God!

Cant wait for Tuesday!

Neoxon

Yes! It's almost time! Thanks for the OP, TheOddOne.

Code:
Slayven 		553
anaron 			489
BKatastrophe 		391
Danthrax 		367
kirblar 		360
Hours Left 		332
Neoxon 			321
Dai101 			303
BrokenFiction 		302
fallengorn 		252
duckroll 		252
Jest Chillin 		251
richiek 		251
HeySeuss 		225
J10 			222
NotTheGuyYouKill 	205
StudioTan 		191
Father_Brain 		188
TacticalFox88 		183
Htown 			156
guek 			155
Pai Pai Master 		149
StarCreator 		148
coolasj19 		141
iosefe 			138
Lucky #7!

Here's to a great Season 3.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i havent read anything in this thread but i just started watching the show - couple episodes of season 1 so far and i like it already more than expected. Can someone link me to the GAF thread for season 1 and 2 ? Cant find them via search for some reason....

Top Bottom