• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ah screw it.....go ahead and state your HW biases....here...I'll start (current gen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Should be interesting...

XBox for the goodness Sega has published/created for me, than and XBox Live, SF online, etc.

Jeff-DSA

GameCube!

It wasn't getting any love...

Seriously though, since I enjoy playing with my wife, I'd take the Cube. We've been able to play the Mario Sports/Party/Other games together in addition to Donkey Konga, Animal Crossing, and other quirky games for a long time.

Also, Metroid Prime is still my favorite game of the generation to this point.

Ironclad

Prine said:
Xbox, because XBL is godly
Haven't seen you on lately brother. Where have you been?

Current gen eh? XBL is brilliant and the xbox does have quite a few games that rank pretty high for me this gen, but it comes to a toss up between Dreamcast, PS2 and Gamecube for me. In the end, I will give it to the Dreamcast. So many excellent games that really defined this generation for me.

main9wf.jpg

GOOOOO TEAM!!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
wow, what a Sega fan I am, I completely forgot about DC, but I guess it`s all good, since the majority of the games I played a TON are on XBox now in one form or another, only a few fighters really are left out.

hmm...

I have favorite Games on every platform this Gen. Its a bitch.

Resident Evil 4
God of War
Phantom Dust
Phantom Brave
Morrowind

balls....

definetly between ps2 and xbox but...*shrugs*. They both kicked ass for me this gen.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
1. PC
2. PS2
3. GC
4. DC
5. Xbox

Why PC? Warcraft III. So many hours of cheap entertainment.

PS2 was the best console. Many exclusive high quality titles. Specifically God of War, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

GC -- I used to be a big Nintendo fan. While I hate Nindtendo's direction (or lack of) the past years, I still enjoy some of their games.

DC -- Soul Calibur and SA2. I loved those games back then.

Xbox would be better if the games I'm interested in weren't also on PC.

I don't give a damn about handhelds.

If I'm in a handheld thread saying handhelds suck (which I've done before), tell me to shove it and fuck off. I hate how people do stuff like that.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
It's not a bias, I just believe that Xbox is the best of the 3 consoles as far as hardware and online service is concerned.

Dr_Cogent said:
It's not a bias, I just believe that Xbox is the best of the 3 consoles as far as hardware and online service is concerned.
software... not so much.

edit: sorry that isn't fair. if you like Halo or Halo, then its great.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
if you lean towards any one thing it means you have a bias to that console.

Look DC is the weakest of the 4 systems in power and has the fewest games, but Wario64 sure likes it. That`s a bias.

luxsol

I play games on my PC/Mac far more than i do on console for this generation.

In terms of my console gaming I own around 30 games each for my PS2 and GCN. A little over 50 for my Dreamcast... soooo

DREAMCAST FOR THE WIN THIS GENERATION!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Started out as Dreamcast (until mid-2001), but became PS2.

I also love the XBOX and GC, but there's no doubt that I prefer PS2...

Prine

Banned
Ironclad_Ninja said:
Haven't seen you on lately brother. Where have you been?

Current gen eh? XBL is brilliant and the xbox does have quite a few games that rank pretty high for me this gen, but it comes to a toss up between Dreamcast, PS2 and Gamecube for me. In the end, I will give it to the Dreamcast. So many excellent games that really defined this generation for me.

Iron, im on every night you minger. 8pm EST, make sure you are on tonight, its been ages since i outclassed you in everyway possible

Ironclad

Prine said:
Iron, im on every night you minger. 7pm EST, make sure you are on tonight, its been ages since i outclassed you in everyway possible
Stretching the truth a little bit aren't we my friend? ;) Outclassed me in everyway possible? That's a good one. :lol

I'll try to hop on tonight. I've got an English paper I need to write but it's merely a rough draft and I already have my ideas on paper so I'll play later tonight.

Prine

Banned
Ironclad_Ninja said:
Stretching the truth a little bit aren't we my friend? ;) Outclassed me in everyway possible? That's a good one. :lol

I'll try to hop on tonight. I've got an English paper I need to right but it's merely a rough draft and I already have my ideas on paper so I'll play later tonight.

8:30 then. See ya tonight

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Guy LeDouche said:
software... not so much.

edit: sorry that isn't fair. if you like Halo or Halo, then its great.

I've played a lot of great games on my Xbox.

I kept buying games for the Xbox over the PS2 for obvious reasons, so I ended up getting rid of the PS2. It would have been nice to play God of War and Katamari, but I can be patient and pick up a PS3.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
XBox - 10
PS2 - 9
GC - 5
DC - 3

Up until now. I don`t care enough to do it name by name, you fans know who you are.

EDIT - 1 More for XBox

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Okay, again...are we talking hardware design here, or software?

Hardware design - it's a toss up between GameCube and XBox

Software: GC *so slightly ahead of PS2 it's negligible because of the multiplayer aspect and reliability* and then the PS2, followed by XBox.

What happened to the other thread? Did it get locked or something? *goes looking*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom