• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

takoyaki

I get that they are busy and have other stuff to do right now, but maybe don't tweet "AX news on Monday" or "AX announcements tomorrow" if you're not sure about it, especially twice in a row...

But hey, whatever. doesn't really change anything, we already know when and where. one more week guys!

BTW, Takoyaki the countdown in the OP is the wrong one (AM instead of PM), use this instead

thanks, fixed.

Irru

Neo Member
It means they fumbled their own marketing.

We should give them their due guff on twitter. I already am.

I did my job.

5af69de350.png

:p

Haha... The rage if that's the last word...

I really hope for a live stream. Though I have a feeling I won't be able to watch it because of work. *prays I'm not scheduled next Friday*

I only entered the hype room a couple weeks ago, but damn, it's been a fun ride. I keep trying to forget about the wait so I don't break myself... And also so I don't get my hopes any higher. :/

novacav

Hey guys! Sorry if any of this is old news, I'm more of an occasional lurker. Lover of ZE tho of course.

I've recently been thinking about whether or not 4infinity could have something to do with Phi specifically. I thought of this when reading the forum post below.

http://www.webofmimicry.com/wom2/index.php?topic=21082.0

Phi the number can build upon itself for infinity....4infinity.... as seen in the repeating patterns in both geometry and nature. And then when you consider the themes explored by Uchikoshi in the Infinity series.... and the mystery surrounding Phi the character....

Honestly I have no idea but there could be something here. Eithe way, we'll know much more next week!!

takoyaki

I've recently been thinking about whether or not 4infinity could have something to do with Phi specifically. I thought of this when reading the forum post below.

http://www.webofmimicry.com/wom2/index.php?topic=21082.0

Phi the number can build upon itself for infinity....4infinity.... as seen in the repeating patterns in both geometry and nature. And then when you consider the themes explored by Uchikoshi in the Infinity series.... and the mystery surrounding Phi the character....

That's certainly an interesting connection between "Phi" and "Infinity", don't think this has been mentioned before. Thanks for bringing it up!

Normally I'd say this it very far-fetched, but if Uchikoshi was involved in building the teaser, a connection like this is not impossible. Or maybe this idea is why he named the character "Phi" in the first place.

We'll know in a week, can’t wait to find out the logic behind the teaser site :)

edit: I think we talked about the idea of Phi representing the Golden Number/Ratio (1.618033) a while back, but I don't think we ever made the connection with the infinite repetition of this ratio in all kinds of patterns.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2015/06/26/aksys-games-ax2015-plans/

The Panels: We’ll be having two panels this year. They are as follows:

Panel 1: The Aksys Games Panel of <Title TBD>! Time: Friday 1:00PM &#8211; 2:00PM Room: LP4/411

This is our traditional company panel where we&#8217;ll talk about what&#8217;s going on in our little slice of heaven. Also, will there be another proposal in the works? Let us know beforehand.

Panel 2: The Art of Localization Re-visited. Time: Saturday 4:00PM &#8211; 5:00PM Room: LP6/402AB

Things have changed since the last time we did this panel, so we thought folks would be interested in hearing how we&#8217;ve tweaked, prodded, and improved how we do things behind the curtain. Will also go more into what you should know before applying for my job! (^_^)/

Bonus Panel: Daisuke Ishiwatari Time: Friday 3:15pm &#8211; 4:15pm Room: LP3/408AB

While technically not one of our panels, we are excited that AX invited Daisuke over as a Guest of Honor. If you have any interest in fighting games in general (or seriously awesome guitar-driven Heavy Metal), you really should make time to go hear what the man behind Guilty Gear has to say.

Tournament: Place: Our booth Time: Saturday from 12pm to whenever it finishes.

We&#8217;ll be having our now traditional fighting game tournament at our booth. This year, in honor of Daisuke&#8217;s appearance at AX and its inclusion as a main game at EVO, the featured game will be Guilty Gear Xrd. The tournament will be single elimination with a cap of 32 people, so be sure to sign up early. Prizes to be announced at the tourney!

Signings: We will be having a Daisuke Ishiwatari signing at our booth Thursday from 2pm to 3pm. Swing by and get your GGXrd Limited Edition signed! Don&#8217;t have one (yet)? We&#8217;ll be selling them at the show! /crasshucksterism

I THINK that covers everything. And about me being brief&#8230;I lied. Sorry about that.

Hope to see you all next week when the big show kicks off!

takoyaki

Nice, thanks Aksys!

Watch here: http://www.twitch.tv/aksys_nation

edit: Really wouldn't have made sense to tease this online for nearly 4 months and then not let fans join them when the reveal is happening. Ok then, we know when, where and how we'll be able to watch this. All that's left is waiting one more week :)

Oh boy oh boy, I am definitely more excited for this stream than how I was for the whole E3. Damn, even if it will be at 6AM I will probably spend the night with my eyes wide open.
One week left, guys!

takoyaki

What time would Panel 1 be in the UK? :)

I put a link called "Times Worldwide" in the top of the OP where everyone can check their local time.

Oh boy oh boy, I am definitely more excited for this stream than how I was for the whole E3. Damn, even if it will be at 6AM I will probably spend the night with my eyes wide open.
One week left, guys!

This year AX really is something for VN fans, Steins;Gate 0 could be there as well.

edit: sorry, my bad. Just saw people tweeting/talking on Gaf about Stein;Gate and Anime Expo and thought they were talking about 0; haven't been following it too closely.

takoyaki

More numbers on the counter, looks like we were right about them adding hours, minutes and seconds for the last week.

edit: beaten

screenshot2015-06-26ajaq2y.png

Holy carp, the new timer is huge! I guess when it finally hits 0, there'll be 12 0's... I feel like there was a missed opportunity to have 9 0's.

Glad there's a stream time and link now, though. Sad thing is that those timings will more likely than not overlap with my work... *prays to the scheduling gods that I don't have work Friday*

Whatever, I'm still really hyped!
I can't help but try to kill the hype with thoughts of ZE3 not happening, though... urgh. I hate being able to think of all the possibilities

jonjonaug

Whatever, I'm still really hyped!
I can't help but try to kill the hype with thoughts of ZE3 not happening, though... urgh. I hate being able to think of all the possibilities

I almost want to see this happen just to see AX erupt in a riot.

Imagine if 4infinity was just a leadup to more fighting games all along.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
There's enough zero's in the countdown that it could end with "ZEROESCAPE03". But that could be looking too hard for things lol.

Irru

Neo Member
Still a bit silly how the timer is still set on local time.

For us people in Europe it'll hit 000000000000 way before the actual countdown ends.

takoyaki

There's enough zero's in the countdown that it could end with "ZEROESCAPE03". But that could be looking too hard for things lol.

this sounds like something they would do.

I just tried setting my location to LA/timezone to PDT and let the counter run down the final minute. Until now, the counter would just vanish and leave us with the same black page with the moving/static words.

Now you get an error message, but the url confirms that 4infinity ending and the Aksys panel are one thing, in case anyone wasn't convinced by now ;)

screenshot2015-07-03atdph3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom