• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only watched the first 3 episodes and thought it was fun, but nothing special. But there have been a few people in this thread who said the show really picks up around episode 6 and turns into something more similar to the Infinity/ZE series. I'll definitely give the show another shot.

In case your interested, there's a bit more news on how the game will work over on Gematsu, think it's taken from the recent Famitsu story and another Uchikoshi interview.

It doesn't get anywhere near Infinity or ZE in my opinion, but it gets better.

It gets so much better.

The final few episodes of Punchline weren't really what I expected from an Uchikoshi work at all. I enjoyed the show overall, but I do sort of feel like the ending was just there to have a resolution, and the game will be the actual ending. Plus there was one plot point in particular that wasn't addressed at all in the final episode. I'd agree that it's probably one of Uchikoshi's weakest works.

takoyaki

It doesn't get anywhere near Infinity or ZE in my opinion, but it gets better.

It gets so much better.

That's good enough for me, there hasn't been an Uchikoshi work I haven't enjoyed yet. The show just looked like pure fan-service with the Uchikoshi name stamped on it when I saw the first trailer/images.

Without spoiling too much, is the show over or will there be more seasons?

Swamped

Banned
Oh yeah, watching punchline will give me something to do while waiting for this countdown! I think one review i read described it as 'Uchikoshi lite' which sounds perfect for a lazy weekend viewing. Hoping that he's been saving up his good stuff for more *ahem* important projects...

That's good enough for me, there hasn't been an Uchikoshi work I haven't enjoyed yet. The show just looked like pure fan-service with the Uchikoshi name stamped on it when I saw the first trailer/images.

It's over, but the game is said to add the equivalent of about 10 more episodes

To my knowledge it is completely over.

The final few episodes of Punchline weren't really what I expected from an Uchikoshi work at all. I enjoyed the show overall, but I do sort of feel like the ending was just there to have a resolution, and the game will be the actual ending. Plus there was one plot point in particular that wasn't addressed at all in the final episode. I'd agree that it's probably one of Uchikoshi's weakest works.

To be fair, the anime didn't end on the "true route". It ended on a more or less hopeful and happy one, but I think the assumption is that you need to play the game to get the actual happy ending since a LOT of details surrounding everything are shrouded in mystery.

In case anyone missed it: last call before I put the Hype-Waiting-Room in the OP on Monday. Anyone still want in who's not in the picture yet? Post something short like "I'm in" in the thread or PM me. Everyone looking forward to the announcement is welcome!

I'm in!

i hope that something will be announced next week!!

In case anyone missed it: last call before I put the Hype-Waiting-Room in the OP on Monday. Anyone still want in who's not in the picture yet? Post something short like "I'm in" in the thread or PM me. Everyone looking forward to the announcement is welcome!
I'd love to join the hype!

takoyaki

What if 4infinity is the announcement of more than 1 game?

I'm with you guys, pretty sure there will be more than one game announced during a 1h long panel. But I'm not sure if 4infinity is a teaser for all those games, my hunch is still that 0303 and everything else about the teaser site is ZE related. Irru's theory that there are still 3 words left makes sense, but it's also possible they just added the last word early to give us more time to solve the tease. I'll take one last crack at solving it next week.

Hype-Waiting-Room:

jpg-40suqh.jpg

It's getting pretty packed in here, but everyone can still get in as long as there's space. If anyone has switched his/her avatar to a rainbow color version or changed avatar completely and would like that version in the waitingroom, PM me and I'll change it.

Hylian7

I'm with you guys, pretty sure there will be more than one game announced during a 1h long panel. But I'm not sure if 4infinity is a teaser for all those games, my hunch is still that 0303 and everything else about the teaser site is ZE related. Irru's theory that there are still 3 words left makes sense, but it's also possible they just added the last word early to give us more time to solve the tease. I'll take one last crack at solving it next week.

Hype-Waiting-Room:

It's getting pretty packed in here, but everyone can still get in as long as there's space. If anyone has changed his/her avatar to a rainbow color version and would like that version in the picture to celebrate history in the making, PM me and I'll change it.

If you can get me into this, that would be awesome. I have been banned for the last two weeks, but I had been watching this thread and the countdown. If this is ZE3 (which seems 95% likely at this point), then this is more exciting to me than all of E3.

How do you make a rainbow version of your avatar? :)
I also found an interview about the Punchline game (could be spoilers?)

http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/first-details-for-punch-line-game-interview-with-kotaro-uchikoshi/

how the fuck do you bring together the director of ever17, producer of Steins; Gate, writer of Zero Escape and make a game about (minor PL spoilers)
avoiding panties or causing the apocalypse

This is like the biggest missed opportunity I have ever seen.

Also I hope this part is not serious (but given the infamous Japanese concept of "honor of work", it probably is):

Ichikawa: Oh yes. We’re at the point now where if we couldn’t sell the game after getting this team, we’d have to retire. That’s the level of resolve we have. Please look forward to it!

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Hype-Waiting-Room:

It's getting pretty packed in here, but everyone can still get in as long as there's space. If anyone has changed his/her avatar to a rainbow color version and would like that version in the picture to celebrate history in the making, PM me and I'll change it.
If there's still space, I want in too!

grim-tales

They're talking to the Japanese audience though.
I dont understand why Aksys would do a 4 month long teaser for a game that isnt even out in Japan for 6 months (possibly more).

spinz

They're talking to the Japanese audience though.
I dont understand why Aksys would do a 4 month long teaser for a game that isnt even out in Japan for 6 months (possibly more).

welll.... imagine for a second that it is a ze3 announcement....
do you think it would be released in japan sooner than 6 months ? ;)
But i agree, it probably wont be punchline either.
Im not sure anything justifies a 4 month long teaser.

another possibility though: what if it isnt the punchline game... but that the anime is being localized by aksys? Its a bit of a stretch for aksys as a company.... but so is them going full dev for ze. And well... it is anime expo afterall.

redhood56

Banned
welll.... imagine for a second that it is a ze3 announcement....
do you think it would be released in japan sooner than 6 months ? ;)
But i agree, it probably wont be punchline either.
Im not sure anything justifies a 4 month long teaser.

another possibility though: what if it isnt the punchline game... but that the anime is being localized by aksys? Its a bit of a stretch for aksys as a company.... but so is them going full dev for ze. And well... it is anime expo afterall.
I wouldn't say them being a dev is a bit of a stretch. They did co develop a game called Mages(even though it wasn't very good appearntly)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zero Escape 3 is being made because of western sales, plain and simple.

Project X Zone 2 is as well, and it's getting what amounts to a global launch because of it.

I'm not saying Japan won't get ZE3 first, but I would not be surprised at all if the translation is done for a global release or one of those super short Atlus like waits of 2-4 months on the games they think will do well over here.

grim-tales

Hmmm... no idea. :s
Spinz makes a good point though - unless ZE3 has been worked on secretly or something and has been in development for a while, I doubt it will be released in Japan this winter ;)

grim-tales

Zero Escape 3 is being made because of western sales, plain and simple.

Project X Zone 2 is as well, and it's getting what amounts to a global launch because of it.

I'm not saying Japan won't get ZE3 first, but I would not be surprised at all if the translation is done for a global release or one of those super short Atlus like waits of 2-4 months on the games they think will do well over here.

BIB: We dont know that for sure 100% (though it seems possible)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes, this could be the most elaborate troll in the history of gaming. Can't say for certain it's Zero Escape 3, especially not with all of these totally obvious hints, winks, and nudges that it is in fact, ZE3.

Irru

Neo Member
Obviously I want to see a ZE3 reveal next Friday, but what I'm also curious about is why the hell they decided to tease us for over three months.

I'd like a reasonable explanation for that just as much.

spinz

Obviously I want to see a ZE3 reveal next Friday, but what I'm also curious about is why the hell they decided to tease us for over three months.

I'd like a reasonable explanation for that just as much.

i sincerely doubt we'll get such a thing.
They did it because they thought it was a good idea :)
in hopes it would generate positive hype.

I think if it doesnt turn out to be ze3, the tragedy will be that they never steered people away from it when thats where all of the hype went.
Id bet they have more than one announcement.. and that while the main course might not be ze3, they still might have some encouraging things to say about it.

MegaZeroX

Neo Member
I doubt it will be released in Japan this winter ;)

Yeah, I think it will probably be released sometime next year. Shinji Hosoe, the composer of the ZE games, has stated "I've been working on some video game music which will be released sometime next year, so I have to keep it quiet for now." on his website, so maybe that is referring to ZE 3?

Edit: Woops, the website hasn't been updated in 10 years

takoyaki

Yep. Seems to be the case here too.

Nice, as long as we all stick to using mobile and/or Funyarinpa's Countdown Clock in the OP, we should all be on the same clock. We're so close guys :)

I must be on a different clock to you guys, it (the counter) seems to be running at my local time so will end about 1pm on Friday (I think)

the 4infinity.co counter is different for everyone on desktop, but the Countdown Clock in the OP should be the same for everyone because it doesn't change depending on your timezone. Just use that instead.

grim-tales

I must be on a different clock to you guys, it (the counter) seems to be running at my local time so will end about 1pm on Friday (I think)

blacksark

I have to admit that I'm scared and excited at the same time, this could be the biggest videogame announcement for me or the biggest disappointment if it turns out that it's not zero escape 3. Can't wait for friday

redhood56

Banned
I have to admit that I'm scared and excited at the same time, this could be the biggest videogame announcement for me or the biggest disappointment if it turns out that it's not zero escape 3. Can't wait for friday
I am to deep into the rabbit hole now. It must be ze3 with a release date of 2016.
Edit:bold predictions I predict that we won't get a release date but when it does get announced it will be August 29th 2016

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If this turns out this isn't Zero Escape 3 I'm gonna be so mad at you guys. You all being so sure has raised my hype levels to epic proportions. I'm gonna be heartbroken if it's not ZE3 and it will be all your fault. You will be responsible for a grown man crying his eyes out. I hope you're prepared to live with that.

But hey, that's not gonna happen since it's basically guaranteed! Right?

Irru

Neo Member
If this turns out this isn't Zero Escape 3 I'm gonna be so mad at you guys. You all being so sure has raised my hype levels to epic proportions. I'm gonna be heartbroken if it's not ZE3 and it will be all your fault. You will be responsible for a grown man crying his eyes out. I hope you're prepared to live with that.

Yes... Yes of course.

Right?

redhood56

Banned

We will all cry together if it's not zero escape 3. But if it is it will be the the most Bitchin thing ever.

takoyaki

I've been convinced that this is ZE related since day one and nothing we've found over those 3+ months has changed my mind. If you go through the OP and try to look at things as objectively as possible (starts at 0303, nearly 4 month long teaser, ends in a fan-panel that will be live-streamed, RSG/Aksys/Uchikoshi hints, context from old interviews/FB posts, etc.), it's still the most reasonable assumption if ZE3, Punchline and the Infinity series are the available options.

There's always been a chance that the whole teaser was deliberately done in a way that all ZE fans would be excited for the announcement of something else, but the only thing I can think of that would be worth the trouble is a spiritual successor to the ZE series with Uchikoshi involvement (he still works for Spike-Chunsoft, so I'm not sure that is even possible).

I feel like we have a very strong case for this being ZE3 the game or ZE3 the kickstarter. A re-release of the Infinity series is still a possibility, but the rights situation is a mess and nothing points at it except for the url, so imo it’s less likely and I’m not sure if a practically unknown franchise warrants a 4 month long teaser. Friday can’t come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom