• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim-tales

I dont think it will be the Punchline game either as Aksys say Panel 1 is about
Game TBD
and Punchline has already been revealed, and Rising Star claim to know about it too...

Game TBD
and Punchline has already been revealed, and Rising Star claim to know about it too...
Plus I don't think Aksys would do a 4+ month long teaser for a Punchline game, and I don't think any of the words of the teaser site relate to it at all.

spinz

Game TBD

that just says that the title of the panel is TBD (to be decided).
Really doesnt mean anything either way.

takoyaki

new "word", just the letter "C"

edit: here's the #4infinity RT

screenshot2015-06-30awjlvb.png

this it the first result when you google her... just sayin'...
http://www.aksysgames.com/2012/12/13/translating-zero-by-noba-nakayama/

The next staff interview for Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward is now live on the official website! Click here to head over to the Media Page to read about the glamorous adventures of our translator, Noba Nakayama!

Prelude.

The great thing about this post is that whether it was intentional or not it's hilarious. But I'm assuming intentional. Very clever, sir.
Thanks.
It started as a standard sudoku joke but then I realized the other sudoku joke while typing.

Will the game finally use full cg instead of the stills they had in VLR?
What do you mean? It still was CG unlike 999. Though, those 3D models need to die, bring back the 2D. Why use this when you have this?

redhood56

Banned
Thanks.
It started as a standard sudoku joke but then I realized the other sudoku joke while typing.

What do you mean? It still was CG unlike 999. Though, those 3D models need to die, bring back the 2D. Why use this when you have this?
No I meant that when there would be a cutscene type thing there was no animation
think when phi kicked dio in the head. That was one of the only times that there was animation in the cutscenes. Or when dio is being held down with the small animation.
I want more animation pretty much. And I'm fine with the 3D models of more time is put into them this time.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure that's her:

screenshot2015-06-30a9ouyc.png
Aksys at AX later this week:

"We're proud to announce, in collaboration with Spike Chunsoft, Zero Escape 3, the 3rd entry in the critically-acclaimed series.

Available.

Now."

I would die on the spot.

Prelude.

No I meant that when there would be a cutscene type thing there was no animation
think when phi kicked dio in the head. That was one of the only times that there was animation in the cutscenes. Or when dio is being held down with the small animation.
I want more animation pretty much. And I'm fine with the 3D models of more time is put into them this time.
The budget is probably still the same if not less so they should get rid of those entirely, they don't add anything and look awful.

redhood56

Banned
The budget is probably still the same if not less so they should get rid of those entirely, they don't add anything and look awful.
Yeah get rid of them or add animation. I think uchikoshi said they were stills because they couldn't figure out how to run on the hardware.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
I don't understand why people don't like the 3D models in VLR. I much prefer those over the 2D sprites in 999 and Danganrompa. For me it gave the characters more life since they have animations rather than over exaggerated stills. That's what drew me to VLR, it stood out over other VNs. That and the puzzles and rooms being in 3D as well.

takoyaki

Aksys at AX later this week:

"We're proud to announce, in collaboration with Spike Chunsoft, Zero Escape 3, the 3rd entry in the critically-acclaimed series.

Available.

Now."

I would die on the spot.

That would be something, but I can't see this happening without some kind of leak. We know Uchikoshi was working on "you-know-what" on Feb 18 and I think that FB post was laying the groundwork for the teaser which started on March 18, so that more of us would jump to the conclusion 0303 -> ZE03

It's possible that the game is further along than the Punchline game. But just getting confirmation that the game is being made/kickstarted is more than good enough for me.

edit: Sprites or 3D models? Puzzles or pure VN? VO or no VO? I'd prefer sprites, puzzles and voices, but l'm fine with any combination of those things as long as the story is finally finished.

I don't understand why people don't like the 3D models in VLR. I much prefer those over the 2D sprites in 999 and Danganrompa. For me it gave the characters more life since they have animations rather than over exaggerated stills. That's what drew me to VLR, it stood out over other VNs. That and the puzzles and rooms being in 3D as well.
I liked the 3D models a lot, but wouldn't mind a regression back to 2D character portraits/sprites, as long as they are high quality. I'm okay with the 3D models as long as they can make them look a bit closer to the promo art style, because those are great.

I think the only issue I had with VLR was the "cutscenes" others mentioned. They weren't very impressive and we're too short and infrequent to leave any sort of impression. :/

Whoa! Whoa! WHOOOA!!! The 3D character models in Virtue's Last Reward were great and an improvement over 999's sprites. The only time they sucked was during the 'still-shots' of them. Ideally they should keep the 3D models but have the scenes for all the 'still-shots' in 2D - or at least put more attention to detail in them if they're going to stay in 3D. 2D backgrounds with 3D character models would be amazing too. That would enhance the atmosphere and make everything that much more grittier!

Yes, please.

Nyoro SF

The 3D models in VLR were, well, blandish. Low poly and without much character. I remember rolling my eyes every time I saw the "shocked faces" montage because, well, with that limited 3D model, it's pretty difficult to show character shock. Or surprise. Or well, anything scary. The most amazing parts of VLR were the "still image" moments when characters weren't "moving in 3D", like when (super spoilers)
Alice is about to stab herself, or well, any scene where there's suddenly corpses on the ground, especially that one scene where Junpei and Clover are handcuffed dead to a sink.

So it's kind of a statement if the most awesome and shocking parts of VLR are the still parts. Makes a case for 2D art. :) Who remembers in 999 when you encounter
Lotus's dead body in the knife ending? Or the ending where Clover is killing you with an axe?
The 2D art in that scene really ups the horror level. Keep in mind I'm a huge wuss, easily scared by horror games, but there wasn't much in VLR that scared me compared to 999 and the 3D models definitely contributed to that.

The 2D sprites and animations were so expressive by themselves too. I still remember Clover's jumping animation because of all the parts that move fluidly. Same goes for Seven and his funny head scratching animation, or Snake's furrowed brow look, or Lotus's exasperated expression, or Ace's tired look. Say what you will but little touches like that with all the expressiveness that 2D allows you really builds a character.

They can pull off a 3D game no problem, but I'd like to see something along the lines of Dual Destinies then. Even then I feel like it's hard, if not impossible, to show off the subtle detail that 2D gives you. I know 3D is cheaper and easier to work with, so ZE3 will definitely be in 3D, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to mourn the loss of all the detail we had with 2D, dammit! :p

My biggest problem with the 3D was that they didn't make any of the pre-rendered images or videos stereoscopic in the 3DS version. They just shoved the 2D image into the screen a bit, which was a bit weird. I felt the stereoscopic 3D effect in that game was really lacking in general, but at least the image quality was very nice for a 3DS game (lots of anti-aliasing).

I'll probably have to replay it on Vita when ZE3 gets announced

Whoa! Whoa! WHOOOA!!! The 3D character models in Virtue's Last Reward were great and an improvement over 999's sprites. The only time they sucked was during the 'still-shots' of them. Ideally they should keep the 3D models but have the scenes for all the 'still-shots' in 2D - or at least put more attention to detail in them if they're going to stay in 3D. 2D backgrounds with 3D character models would be amazing too. That would enhance the atmosphere and make everything that much more grittier!

redhood56

Banned

PlatStrat

Neo Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroEscape...ned_some_things_about_4infinityco_and_how_it/

Some dude on reddit claimed he had access to the server directory and onky saw filenames and filesizes, and concluded that it's not about ZE3. It's probably a troll, especially when you consider all the hints we've gotten so far, but it's still a scary thought.
Yeah I'm definitely calling bullshit on this. He doesn't say anything specific about what he saw and he doesn't have any proof to back up his claims. He just says he saw some high resolution image files and claims that it's "some kind of shooter". Plus it's a brand new account and they have no established credibility. So yeah, I'm filing this under " Ignore"

grim-tales

I was just thinking.. I know we worked out the numbers are coordinates for the LA Convention Centre, but what if they're also temperature or something like that?
Can anyone remember the temp of Ice-9?

spinz

Yeah I'm definitely calling bullshit on this. He doesn't say anything specific about what he saw and he doesn't have any proof to back up his claims. He just says he saw some high resolution image files and claims that it's "some kind of shooter". Plus it's a brand new account and they have no established credibility. So yeah, I'm filing this under " Ignore"

if you read it again you'll see he said that he didnt think it was a shooter, but that the file names suggested combat, like the names of the screenshots suggested one was a combat screenshot, one was a dialogue screenshot, etc.
So 2 things...
1. everything he says is completely plausible.
2. he doesnt say anything conclusive and admits it. For all we know aksys had a bunch of old stuff sitting in the directory that had nothing to do with the teaser.
So.... shrug. Kind of pointless.

Well the thing that will by far be the hardest to explain is how do all those people who were RT'd relate to something other than VLR, seeing that they are all in the credits (all RT'd people are in VLR credits, aren't they?) if this is not ZE3.

Then again, maybe they wanted to garner the attention of ZE fanbase, but I don't see how that would help them since the collective salt of those people who wanted ZE3 above all else would probably overcome any positive press this generates.

Also, about the model thing: I loved both art styles, I'd be just fine with 2D or 3D as long as the tone is more grim than VLR.

Possible.

By the way, someone on Reddit pointed out that C could be the Roman numeral for 100 ("centi") and someone else said that it was hexadecimal for 12.

That would fit in well with the other numbers.

I wonder if more of them can be converted into, or associated with numbers.

The lack of file names is a big thing to me. I don't trust this. And there are more stuff in the comments that debunk this too.

Bad troll. Didn't do his research.

He didn't know we already attempted and successfully saw filenames and that Aksys found out and closed the loopholes. I myself was able to navigate the directory before they changed permissions. Lol.

spinz

Well the thing that will by far be the hardest to explain is how do all those people who were RT'd relate to something other than VLR, seeing that they are all in the credits (all RT'd people are in VLR credits, aren't they?) if this is not ZE3.

honest question because i dont have time to look it up: are any of the RT's from people who developed the games? (besides uchikoshi comments). Because from what i remember they were coming from translators... and aksys likely uses the same pool of translators for all their games. Would also imply theyr already translating something.

RE: the guy that hacked 4infinity, yes, I will believe that he's full of it.
I just wanted to point out, though, that it's not the first time That 4infinity is linked to a fighting game. There was a tweet in the beginning of the teaser that talked about a fighting game tournament and #4infinity, from Aksysgames (I'll look it up)

With this I'm not giving any credit to the guy, just pointing out information.
Besides, I know nothing about fighting games from Aksysgames (Guilty Gear, I think?), nor I know if there's a new game in the series that awaits announcement.

redhood56

Banned
The hype train is to far to be derailed. And Aksys tweeted a variety of things with the #4infinity. I don't think the tourney tweet meant anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom