• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alamo Drafthouse hosting women-only Wonder Woman screenings June 6th

He wouldn't even meet me at the old Snappers off US-1 next to the flea market..look at me stereotyping.

And Shenmue ain't Sonic, sooo..

Shenmue killed the Dreamcast

well, Sega being Sega did that, but you know what I mean

Plus Lan-Di didn't do shit, don't believe that punkass Ryu or whatever his name is

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm getting WNBA ads now!

What have you done Alamo, a league of Women playing Basketball, preposterous!

Next thing you'll tell me there's World Series of Softball being shown live on a male dominated network such as ESPN... Oh Wait!

Media

I really don't think posts like this should get a pass. It's blatantly racist and hateful, and these words certainly wouldn't fly if they were said about literally any other demographic.

As you noted later, it did not get a pass. Most of the posts in this are not directed at the entire male gender, but at the MRS types that are turning this into some huge horrible thing.

I'm a woman who's been a nerd my entire life. Basically having to keep my head down to enjoy things that most people don't have to worry about enjoying is exhausting. This 'stunt' by Alamo acknowledges that. I would love to go to one, but I've never even see an Alamo, much less lived near one. Too bad.

Cool man. They earned a ladies' night. First female solo movie since, what? Electra? Catwoman?

I hope they enjoy themselves. And I don't even want to know why this thread is 1,200 posts long.

The only reasonable answer to this is some variation of "that's cool" or "I wanna go". If you object to this there is some level of jerk in you that should require taking a hard look at oneself.

That this is 26 pages is insane. This is approaching 'Trump daily fuck up' levels of posts.

Quixzlizx

So did this thread spiral to 26 pages because troll alt-accounts were having fun riling people up, or because there were a bunch of "Ladies' Night is racist against men!" posts?

Seems like a weird thing to do, but more power to them. I would say however, they are just asking for blowback by making a big deal over it. So when I see it, I'm just like.. whatevs. Those people are wasting their time complaining to Alamo and Alamo knew they'd rile people up so its all kind of whatevs.

The snarky Alamo responses are really cringe-worthy though.

Seems like a weird thing to do, but more power to them. I would say however, they are just asking for blowback by making a big deal over it. So when I see it, I'm just like.. whatevs. Those people are wasting their time complaining to Alamo and Alamo knew they'd rile people up so its all kind of whatevs.

Have you never heard of a Ladies' Night before?

Those responses are precisely what all these man-children deserve.

Big Nikus

You think the responses are bad ?

mcrommert

Banned
It challenges this shit:
7wJOFeU.jpg

It lets women have a time they can go and not have to suffer through the garbage nerd culture tends to throw at them.

When do I get my own showing so I don't have to suffer through nerd culture anymore

Reminds me of a women's only FB gaming group my wife belongs to where'd you would have "men" pretend to be women to get in only to troll and hurl insults at the members.

Something wrong with a segment of the male population.

Magwik

Banned
Reminds me of a women's only FB gaming group my wife belongs to where'd you would have "men" pretend to be women to get in only to troll and hurl insults at the members.

Something wrong with a segment of the male population.

The internet has become a place where rejected men take no personal accountability for either being complete fucking dicks to women or something else, and instead jerk each other off on how much the system is keeping them down. Self reflection is a dead art for these people as there will always be someone online to encourage them to be even worse.

Does wonder woman even still use the lasso of truth for its intended magical purpose? Seems like it'd more useful as an actual fucking rope than to get a man to confess he stole money for the bank because his daddy didn't love him

combine42

Neo Member
Does wonder woman even still use the lasso of truth for its intended magical purpose? Seems like it'd more useful as an actual fucking rope than to get a man to confess he stole money for the bank because his daddy didn't love him

Is it unbreakable too? Or am just thinking of that golden thread from hercules lol

How do you feel about all the proceeds from these showings going to Planned Parenthood?

Indifferent? It's advertising. Philanthropy is marketing.

The fact that the Alamo is willing to piss off some manbabies is encouraging. It means companies and marketers don't have to listen to them when it comes to appealing to women. It's proof that they don't have to be afraid to market more towards women. And if you think a company like the Alamo doesn't care about it's audience you must not know the Alamo's reputation. In fact I don't buy the whole "corporations are out to control you man" cuz all your doing is downplaying this. Companies are finally realizing women have money. Also, all of this is going towards Planned Parenthood.

They're pissing off a small number of idiots. That doesn't mean what they're doing isn't a self serving PR stunt. I don't care that they do it; I'd never go see this trash in the cinema and it doesn't affect any man with a brain negatively. I care about the "yeah you show em, guys!" mindset as if targeted advertising and PR stunts are some incredible thing. They're trying to improve their brand. That's it. That's why they're intentionly responding to antagonistic people; to go viral. It's not a profound statement, it's a stunt.

Indifferent? It's advertising. Philanthropy is marketing.

They're pissing off a small number of idiots. That doesn't mean what they're doing isn't a self serving PR stunt. I don't care that they do it; I'd never go see this trash in the cinema and it doesn't affect any man with a brain negatively. I care about the "yeah you show em, guys!" mindset as if targeted advertising and PR stunts are some incredible thing. They're trying to improve their brand. That's it. That's why they're intentionly responding to antognistuc people; to go viral.

Alamo's always made a point of pushing back against idiots, it's nothing new.

IrishNinja

no1curr what beefy likes

What on earth are you talking about? All of this smug, elitist snark is a very ugly look.

What happened to "civil, inclusive discourse"? It's neither civil nor inclusive to make sweepingly negative statements about an entire demographic (in this case, straight white males), and then make fun of people who call it out for being hateful and racist. The hypocrisy is astounding.

i'm talking about the persecution complex of a majority member in a thread about people losing their shit because women see a movie without them, devoid of irony.

what that person said was a bit scathing, but no, i don't put minority groups on some dumb faux-consistent scale for every social interaction on some #alllives nonsense either. if that's smug elitist snark, it's a better look than what you're crying about here.

Irish isn't white? I thought he was just having a laugh..

my melanin level falls between translucent and daywalker

He wouldn't even meet me at the old Snappers off US-1 next to the flea market..look at me stereotyping.

i'm down for a drink, but by that flea market? i knows a setup when i smells one

Top Bottom