• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 Will Be Digital Only - Keep Price at $59.99 for Consoles and $49.99 for PC

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
From the FAQ on the official website

Fw7MUASaYAEfQng.png

Last edited:
We all knew this day would come. As the months and years pass less and less publishers will be willing to spend money on having a disc and box cover printed and shipped to stores.

bender

What time is it?
Digital Deluxe is $79.99 on PSN.

Pre-Order Bonus:

-Ornate Revolver Skin for Alan
-Survival Resources Pack (consumable)

Deluxe Edition Includes:

-Base Game
-Expansion Pass (Night Springs Expansion - additional story content, Lake House Expansion - additional story content)
-Nordic Shotgun Skin for Saga
-Crimson Windbreaker for Saga
-Celebrity Suit for Alan
-Parliament Shotgun Skin for Alan
-Lantern Charm for Saga

Pre-Order Bonus:

Deluxe Edition Includes:

-Base Game
-Expansion Pass (Night Springs Expansion - additional story content, Lake House Expansion - additional story content)
-Celebrity Suit for Alan
-Lantern Charm for Saga
Bro will it ever end ffs…

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'm going all in Digital so this means nothing to me, hell I'm really looking forward to this, I loved the first one, bought the remaster and for some reason thought Microsoft had bought remedy and therefore AW2 was gonna be an Xbox exclusive, so this was a massive surprise for me.. pretty much the only one of the show tbh

xVodevil

Not that I like it but... Is really that big of a deal big deal? I still remember like what 8 years ago? getting my MGS V with a steel box with only a damn steam installer or whatever least possible data on disc and my key :messenger_grinning_sweat: And not even counting the day1 patches and updates in some cases

Pre-Order Bonus:

Deluxe Edition Includes:

-Base Game
-Celebrity Suit for Alan
-Lantern Charm for Saga
Getting this version because Remedy needs it.

bender

What time is it?
Yeah no hate. You gotta do what you gotta do to secure funds and keep the lights on.

It always feels like they are teetering. I really haven't loved anything they've done since MP2, but by God was that an amazing game. Maybe it is just the trailers but I'm excited for AW2. It looks like they've ramped up the horror elements and lessened the shooty-bang parts or hopefully at the very least improved on the encounter variety and design.

Sleepwalker

They do the same for max payne remakes and control 2 and I wont buy any more of their games lol. Will wait for gamepass/ps plus

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This is a big fuck you for many fans like me.

No disc, no buy.

Yep. Chasing short term monetary profits will hurt them in the long run. Which makes me wonder, how much of this game will be unfinished or rushed by the time of its release? Do they not think they can get the game finished and patched on disk before printing?

Makes me think that the game is oging to have a lot of issues.

Top Bottom