• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Homind or Viewtiful Joe 2?

DrLazy

I sat at EB for like 10 minutes just staring at the games. I loved Viewtiful Joe, but I heard the sequel is pretty much more of the same... which isn't too bad a thing. Alien Homind is new with spiffy graphics and cooperative play BUT its $30 while Viewtiful Joe 2 is just $20. Who has played both games? Is Alien Homind worth the extra $10?

I bought and did not care for Hominid. It felt a little random and I did not dig the visuals at all. I had nothing against the art style, liked it even, but it just came together to produce an unappealing look.

Plus it's a Metal Slug clone that added three more buttons for some reason; a turn-off.

Ironclad

Damn, that is a tough decision. VJ 2 is great and it definetly has some great humor but it is extremely similar to the original. Take that as you will. AH on the other hand is similar to Metal Slug in essence. The game has a great hand-drawn style and the co-op play is great. In the end, I would tell you to go with AH, but definetly pick up VJ 2 later.

olimario

Banned
I'm not getting into VJ2 like I did with the first VJ. I hope VJDS has a new artstyle and a new way to play.

I don't think I like the idea of Clover making too many sequels.
I know they are concerned with sales, so they should name their games

CLOVER: Viewtiful Joe
CLOVER: Okami
CLOVER: Game Name

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Well, Alien Hominid has co-op, while VJ2 does not. But Viewtiful Joe 2 probably has more polish than AH, which is literally a home-made game. VJ has a silky smooth frame rate and crisp, sharp graphics. But AH looks like a Nick-toon made into a video game. If you have any love for cartoons, you're going to want to see AH in motion, irregardless of how you feel about the gameplay. Trust me.

Grubdog

Banned
I'd get both, at those prices they're a steal (/bitter PAL gamer), but if I only had enough for one i'd get Viewtiful Joe 2.

dbish

Viewtiful 2 is great so far (I'm on chapter 3 or so). One thing they've changed is there is a lot more save points. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or not (the game has still been pretty challenging so far) but take that for what you will.

Haven't played alien homonid yet but I want to.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
SapientWolf said:
VJ has a silky smooth frame rate and crisp, sharp graphics.
Stop right there, VJ2 suffers from crappy frame rate when too many things are going on at the same time. Compare doing a Slow-Z RHOH in VJ and then do the same in VJ2 and you'll really notice the slow down. VJ2 was a step down from VJ but it was still a lot of fun.

EDIT: I should also mention that I have both VJ and VJ2 on GCN.

Bog said:
VJ2 is $9.99 at K-Mart this weekend. I'd go with that.

bastards!

it's not even out here yet and you guys can get it for a measly 10 bucks. that shit's just not fair.

i'd say go with both, get VJ2 1st and get AH when the price drops.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Mac the KNife said:
It's only a matter of time before ALien Homind drops to 20. In the meantime, go joe
Actually, I would bet that it will be likely that you won't be able to find a copy of AH 3 - 6 months from now

Top Bottom