• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation artwork leak

Colonial Marines was such utter feces, that I just can't allow myself to get excited for an Alien game anymore. If they are truly going to go for more Alien or Alien 3 instead of Aliens then I'm all for it. However......

I really hope this one turns out well. I've heard very positive things on the down-low, but the talk of most of the enemies being soldiers and cyborgs is just ... urhg.

I'm just going to pretend that I didn't just read that. Nope, nothing at all.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
What kind of shitty attitude is this? With the proper support and development, third party WiiU games have just as much chance to be a good game as the rest of the multiplatform family.

Because I want this new game to look graphically amazing and not be pulled down by a team forced to develop for a machine with 7 year old performance.

The WiiU may be Nintendo's next gen machine but in terms of power, it's not a next gen machine. Get over it.

Most enemies are soldiers and cyborgs? Then that must mean...

YES! a whole game built around playing as an Alien... no? what? (weeps softly)

I really hope this one turns out well. I've heard very positive things on the down-low, but the talk of most of the enemies being soldiers and cyborgs is just ... urhg.

This could actually be great if they are going for what I hope they are going for....

My hope is that that they've decided to make the Alien a real threat, just have one alien that stalks you throughout the latter part of the game. Would be fantastic and make for an incredibly tense game....

Make gamers comfortable with the idea of the main enemy being soldiers and cyborgs and then just like that the entire dynamic shifts where they are no longer the enemy but instead groups who can you can use to your advantage in keeping the alien off your arse...

Zoned

Actively hates charity
What kind of shitty attitude is this? With the proper support and development, third party WiiU games have just as much chance to be a good game as the rest of the multiplatform family.

WiiU version will hold back game assets. It's next-gen, we don't need another device holding things back like those 256mb RAM consoles have been doing lately.

Lock and load if old

I've got the image from Twitter (fellow ex-gaffer Nintex tweeted it), not sure how much else will be leaked tonight

UNlR9v9.jpg

Reminds me of this Turkish actress:
MaXwbkv.jpg

Her name is Nurgul Yesilcay

Anung

Un Rama
I want this to be good, I really do. But I just don't believe these people have a clue on how to make the property not dog shit. They genuinely believe it has to have shoot-bang for it to sell.

FoneBone

But I just don't believe these people have a clue on how to make the property not dog shit. They genuinely believe it has to have shoot-bang for it to sell.
That's my concern, too, but that applies to the entire AAA market, not just to "these people."

Cragvis

at this point people, there shouldn't be any hype. the thought of another aliens game is like a promise of nice steak dinner, after years of being promised of that only to get spam in a can.

They can only cry wolf so many times. once it is out and we can see it being played, only then should there be hype if it is deserving. The whole aliens franchise has lost its credibility to get hype.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Title and artwork suggest some kind, Alien inspired, survival-horror type game, which I am here for.

at this point people, there shouldn't be any hype. the thought of another aliens game is like a promise of nice steak dinner, after years of being promised of that only to get spam in a can.

They can only cry wolf so many times. once it is out and we can see it being played, only then should there be hype if it is deserving. The whole aliens franchise has lost its credibility to get hype.

It's Creative Assembly though. Chances are it will be good and certainly much better than the last few Alien games.

Gestault

I feel that having more human-esque "standard" threats/enemies in a game like this would enhance the fear factor for times when an alien is in play. I think that's a very smart design choice, if pulled off right.

When most/every enemy is an alien, you lose the impact of "oh dang that's an alien runrunrun."

That bad huh? hmm gonna skip this for sure.

You do not want to play Colonial Marines. You really don't...

I feel that having more human-esque "standard" threats/enemies in a game like this would enhance the fear factor for times when an alien is in play. I think that's a very smart design choice, if pulled off right.

When most/every enemy is an alien, you lose the impact of "oh dang that's an alien runrunrun."

Yep, absolutely agree.

Wookieomg

Man I'm really hoping that Creative Assembly handle this with care. They have a very rabid, pissed off fanbase to cater to, as well as the public at large. Hope they have the chops.

Honestly, at this point, any new franchise game is a wait-and-see purchase. I hope this doesn't turn out as bad as Colonial Marines, but I have near zero confidence after Gearbox pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.

Cragvis

It's Creative Assembly though. Chances are it will be good and certainly much better than the last few Alien games.

Echos of "Its gearbox though, chances are it will be good! They did borderlands yall!

Nope, not giving into ANY hype or anything, no matter WHO is listed as the developer anymore.

Gestault

Please, please, please, please no guns. Or at least a really, really minimal amount of weapons.

Absolutely this.

And personally, and I know this will get me kicked out of the "cool kids" club, but I want save-point-only progress backups, and deliberately long death-screen-back-to-gameplay turnaround.

Lime

Absolutely this.

And personally, and I know this will get me kicked out of the "cool kids" club, but I want save-point-only progress backups, and deliberately long death-screen-back-to-gameplay turnaround.

Game to take inspiration from: Demon's/Dark Souls.

From this thread right here

The next video game in the world of Aliens will star the daughter of superstar space marine Ellen Ripley, according to a Kotaku source.

Perhaps most importantly, our source says that Sega took the critical reception to Aliens: Colonial Marines very seriously, and that the publisher put together a postmortem following the near-unanimously negative reactions to their last Aliens game, which was developed by the studios Gearbox and TimeGate. They want to make sure Isolation is a better game, and according to our source, it's already been delayed at least once—Sega originally planned to announce the game at E3 of 2013.
You, as Amanda, spend most if not all of the game on a single space station, according to our source. There's only one alien for "most" of the game, our source said; you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." Vents, lockers, and melee weapons are a big part of Isolation, our source said, and the game is heavily inspired by the first Alien movie.

Please, please, please, please no guns. Or at least a really, really minimal amount of weapons.

Read my mind perfectly. I would add that you could piece together some kind of makeshift weapons based on what you could find around the ship. But no guns.

FoneBone

I doubt there will be no guns, but the rumored emphasis on melee combat is encouraging.

BTW I don't get the reaction to that "clones and soldiers" bit. If this game actually wants to be scary, most of the enemies should be human (or at least humanoid, in the case of any androids.)

man, the Ripley family has some shit luck.

Ripley and the crew of the Nostromo find a derelict Engineer ship on an non-surveyed world (LV246) and are terrorized by an unknown biomechanical organism. She barely survives the ordeal and drifts around in cryo-sleep for 57 years.

Her daughter, likely told via Weyland Corp that her mother perished in a deep space accident, just happens to find herself terrorized by the same unknown biomechanical organism(s)? It's likely this becomes another corporate cover-up, since members of Weyland's advisory board appear completely oblivious to any reports of hostile alien lifeforms when Ripley is at the committee hearing at the beginning of ALIENS.
Somehow the daughter survives & goes off to live to around 67 years old (? I think Ripley said Amanda was 10 the last time she saw her? I need confirmation from an ALIENS junkie :p), where she succumbs to cancer.

Blah.
I hope the game is good, but using "Ripley's Daughter" is just fucking lazy, IMO. It seems like a cheap lifeline to the most recognizable human character of the series. Whatever story they are cooking could probably turn out just fine with a completely new, unrelated main character. It's also seems a lot less messy to plug into the main ALIEN timeline.
I wonder if this is one of those 'creative suggestions' from FOX? Hell, the sequel to ALIEN ISOLATION could star Ripley's baby daddy as he goes off to uncover the secrets that Ellen and Amanda stumble upon, saving Amanda in the process, meeting up with Hicks' sister who he falls in love with, obtaining the cloned material of Ellen from Alien: Resurrection, and ultimately using a clone of Ellen as a super-soldier to fight off the alien horde that has now invaded Earth!

Call me, FOX. I'm cheap.

mrback

Remake the ZX Spectrum version of Alien with those graphics and I'm in.

This!!!

Or just remake AVP2 with better assets

Well this ship is a Nostromo's twin. Look at that chubby CRT-monitors :)

Being more like Alien than Aliens is certainly a refreshing thing about this game. I trust Creative Assembly - another disaster like CM is not gonna happen. Waiting intensifies :D

I already want this.

Dascu

Visuals look fantastic.

I'm already very pleased the style and area design looks a lot more like Alien than SPACE MARINE MILITARY BASE.

RAIDEN1

Those screenshots are probably "target screenshots" whether it turns out anything like that remains to be seen..but I think there was an opportunity missed with this, they could have turned it into an RPG! Like the cancelled attempt of an alien RPG from years back...it could have been a deadspace/Mass effect clone... Trying a different genre for a change..its like the same treatment for the past 20 years! (Stretching back to the Jaguar days..)

Top Bottom