• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

As I mentioned earlier, there are tens of thousands of amateur astronomers looking at the sky every night through telescopes many capable of taking photos and video it's not just cellphones.

But also as I mentioned previously, part in jest, why do these alien craft shot at night have lights on them or are even supposedly made of glowing material? Is that so we can more easily take dodgy video of them?

And I have seen astronomer UAP vids that were really good too. The volcano observatories across the world have really good footage I've posted here.

I don't understand what you're saying about lights. Most of the ones I've seen with lights on them look fake to me anyway.

midnightAI

I agree with this. There are far too many fakes out there and it's too easy to do.

But the more important sightings like the ones witnessed by commander Fravor and Ryan Graves are the ones worthy of proper investigation.
I agree, in fact I'd (almost) go as far as saying that unless it's military footage I'd say it's either fake or can be explained. Which then doubles back to what exactly are they seeing and what is the most likely... Terrestrial or extra terrestrial in origin?

FunkMiller

As I mentioned earlier, there are tens of thousands of amateur astronomers looking at the sky every night through telescopes many capable of taking photos and video it's not just cellphones.

But also as I mentioned previously, part in jest, why do these alien craft shot at night have lights on them or are even supposedly made of glowing material? Is that so we can more easily take dodgy video of them?

Yeah, the whole house of cards falls apart once you start thinking about just how many pieces of equipment there are in this world that can record or visualise (or both) in high quality now.

UFO conspiracies kinda got killed off the same way ghost sightings did, for all but the most determined .

Last edited:
For me it has to be high quality footage and a high calibre of witness. Military footage like the videos from the Nimitz ticks both boxes in my opinion.

That said, the 'everyone has a camera on them these days' argument never held much water for me. Phone cameras are great at taking photos of people or landscapes but try filming something comparatively small flitting around the sky using digital zoom and it's a recipe for disaster.

There used to be an app on the apple store called something like UFO on film where you had to use the phone to try and film a moving spaceship and it was surprisingly difficult.

Romulus

UFO conspiracies kinda got killed off the same way ghost sightings did, for all but the most determined .

The most determined? It's almost like you live in an alternate universe. In this one, we have like 8 nations that have government-funded programs that study UFOs. Some nations have multiple gov funded programs. Nasa studies UFOs. So they're all UFO wackos and grifters?

How many ghost programs do we have?

How many government hearings have we had with expert witnesses with top-secret clearances testifying under oath about ghosts?

It almost makes me think the idea of this terrifies you and the best you can do is fight tooth and nail to convince yourself none of it is even a possibility, which even Mick West considers now. It's just bizarre that latch on to the negative without a shred of open-mindedness. Your stance is they are absolutely not visiting Earth and that's it, but yet you keep talking about science. Science isn't about closing off to things because you have a strong opinion. These people should at least be taken seriously until we exhaust every possible path. Imagine if there were something to this and everyone in congress etc had your attitude and dismissed them? There would be zero progress on the subject, and to be frank that's probably what you want.

Last edited:
The most determined? It's almost like you live in an alternate universe. In this one, we have like 8 nations that have government-funded programs that study UFOs. Some nations have multiple gov funded programs. Nasa studies UFOs. So they're all UFO wackos and grifters?

How many ghost programs do we have?

How many government hearings have we had with expert witnesses with top-secret clearances testifying under oath about ghosts?

It almost makes me think the idea of this terrifies you and the best you can do is fight tooth and nail to convince yourself none of it is even a possibility, which even Mick West considers now. It's just bizarre that latch on to the negative without a shred of open-mindedness. Your stance is they are absolutely not visiting Earth and that's it, but yet you keep talking about science. Science isn't about closing off to things because you have a strong opinion. These people should at least be taken seriously until we exhaust every possible path. That's it.
The definition of science does appear to have changed significantly over the last 3 or so years.

FunkMiller

It almost makes me think the idea of this terrifies you and the best you can do is fight tooth and nail to convince yourself none of it is even a possibility, which even Mick West considers now. It's just bizarre that latch on to the negative without a shred of open-mindedness. Your stance is they are absolutely not visiting Earth and that's it, but yet you keep talking about science. Science isn't about closing off to things because you have a strong opinion. These people should at least be taken seriously until we exhaust every possible path. That's it.

Mick West, the video game developer?

FunkMiller

The skeptic that is called in to Fox, CNN, and BBC for his analysis. Yeah, but also a game developer. At one point he was also a child, but don't quote me though.

Well, if the guy who made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater in on board, sign me the fuck up.

Signing Season 15 GIF by The Simpsons

Chittagong

Gold Member
I think whether you believe the UAPs are real or not, something is definitely going on. You don’t have the congress hold hearings and Pentagon and NASA have task forces based on delusions of a handful of ghost hunters. If the UAP sightings and reverse engineering are not real, the question is - why all this noise and effort.

Last edited:

Romulus

Btw, the next round of testifying should be the nuclear officers that said their systems were shut down by UFOs.

The issue is not limited to fighter pilots or radar operators. The guys trusted to guard our nuclear silos also lying? Why is he talking about the UAP in the same manner as Fravor and the pilots, but 50 years previous?

This happened in Russia and the US in a very similar manner. Are both sides lying? Why are enemies collaborating these events?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I think whether you believe the UAPs are real or not, something is definitely going on. You don’t have the congress hold hearings and Pentagon and NASA have task forces based on delusions of a handful of ghost hunters. If the UAP sightings and reverse engineering are not real, the question is - why all this noise and effort.

Given this is America, I'm going to say... politics?

please dont ban me mods

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Hmmm. There's no wiggle room if Ralph the friendly alien and his pals make a visit though.

Right now, religious folk can point to all those answers we don't have, and claim that's where their god is.

Those questions would all be answered pretty fucking toot suite if Ralph turned up, given what he'd have to be capable of, to travel the distances required to come say hello, and the understanding he'd have to have of the construction of reality to accomplish it.

I mean, there's always the argument of panspermia and our ancient and contemporary God myths being essentially multi-millenia long examples of the telephone game.

Think about it. Even in ancient Egypt, things like the Sphinx and certain pyramids were already ancient structures. Whose to say ancient humans or human analogoues weren't placed here through dumb luck by way of meteor contamination or, purposely by a higher evolved species. If you're digging into the unknown, both known and unknown unknowns - then the possibilities are quite literally nearing endless.

What if Earth is just some penal colony or test ground, or second/third/hundredth planet that our actual cosmic predecessors decided to dump some of their population off on? It sounds crazy, but we know about so little of the universe, even that of the portion that light allows us to see. Earth could be just a piece of humanity. Similarly, if you had one Master race, who spread themselves out over the universe for lowball thousands of years, they'd end up evolving differently, which gives some credence to the fact that the most commonly reported "type," of alien is the Grey- a humanoid shaped bizzare little Grey asshole with no muscle, a short stature and a large head. You know, essentially what the human race is evolving into. Larger brains, lack of distinguished race, becoming shorter and less built as time and dependency on technology increases.

I dunno, dude. I've never had one land in my back yard, but I could see how you'd put together all of the pieces into a believable scenario, which is where everything starts. Believer or not, I think it still requires transparency and research, because the quickest way to get someone to stop theorizing is to prove, 100% beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt - the theory is nonsense.

FunkMiller

Believer or not, I think it still requires transparency and research, because the quickest way to get someone to stop theorizing is to prove, 100% beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt - the theory is nonsense.

Oh, I support SETI 100%. It’s absolutely right to be spending both time and money to better understand whether we are alone or not.

I don’t support spending time and money chasing little green men crashing in America though... not until someone produces some decent evidence for all of us to see, that supports the continued investment.

Last edited:

Romulus

Given this is America, I'm going to say... politics?

please dont ban me mods

This has been a thing in many other countries though. Brazil had fighter pilots in front of the media answering questions about objects they chased that civilians were seeing, unexplained. I've posted several others from the Belguim UFO wave with Generals saying they have no idea how they move. Iran had a serious incident decades ago that I posted. An entire squadron of Pervuins reported a similar incident. That completely ignores the WW2 foo fighters that were officially reported across several countries.

Why are all these counties, some adversaries, coming up with stories to collaborate US politics?

Oh, I support SETI 100%. It’s absolutely right to be spending both time and money to better understand whether we are alone or not.

I don’t support spending time and money chasing little green men crashing in America though... not until someone produces some decent evidence for all of us to see, that supports the continued investment.
*Bashes my head into a desk*

That is literally what this investigation is all about that you don't want to happen. Do you not see the hilarity in that major contradiction?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

*Bashes my head into a desk*

That is literally what this investigation is all about that you don't want to happen. Do you not see the hilarity in that major contradiction?

So, as far as your concerned, the evidence of aliens visiting our planet is being deliberately covered up by your government, and that's why you want an investigation?

FunkMiller

This has been a thing in many other countries though. Brazil had fighter pilots in front of the media answering questions about objects they chased that civilians were seeing, unexplained. I've posted several others from the Belguim UFO wave with Generals saying they have no idea how they move. Iran had a serious incident decades ago that I posted. An entire squadron of Pervuins reported a similar incident. That completely ignores the WW2 foo fighters that were officially reported across several countries.

Why are all these counties, some adversaries, coming up with stories to collaborate US politics?

Do you not think if so many aliens had made so many visits to our Earth, on so many occasions, that we might have better evidence by now?

Romulus

Do you not think if so many aliens had made so many visits to our Earth, on so many occasions, that we might have better evidence by now?

You're deflecting away from the point.

We can talk about evidence, but stop having your points responded to and pivoting so quickly. Stay on the topic you're discussing.

You tried to make it about "meh only happens in USA" now it's that the evidence isn't good and everyone is lying/mistaken apparently in every case.

FunkMiller

You're deflecting away from the point.

We can talk about evidence, but stop having your points responded to and pivoting so quickly. Stay on the topic you're discussing.

You tried to make it about "meh only happens in USA" now it's that the evidence isn't good and everyone is lying/mistaken apparently in every case.

So, all of these governments from many countries are deliberately keeping the evidence from us?

Because it's either that the evidence exists, and is being kept hidden, or that there isn't enough decent, compelling evidence. Those are the only two options. If there was decent, compelling evidence that wasn't being kept hidden, we'd all know about it.

So which is it?

Last edited:
So, as far as your concerned, the evidence of aliens visiting our planet is being deliberately covered up by your government, and that's why you want an investigation?
Credible people are coming forward with evidence of where these things are being held, claiming people were threatened over it, evidence of who was involved in said programs, evidence of money going to these programs illegally and you are over here going.....

IF THEY WOULD SHOW US THIS EVIDENCE THEN FINE BUT I DONT WNNA WASTE MUH TAX PAYER MONEY ON IT ....

Despite the whole damn reason this is happening is to get this information disclosed to us in the first place....you know the evidence you so desperately want?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Credible people are coming forward with evidence of where these things are being held, claiming people were threatened over it, evidence of who was involved in said programs, evidence of money going to these programs illegally and you are over here going.....

IF TEHY WOULD SHOW US DIS EVIDENCE THEN FINE BUT I DONT WNNA WASTE MUH TAX PAYER MONEY ON IT ....

Despite the whole damn reason this is happening is to get this information disclosed to us in the first place....you know the evidence you so desperately want?

Right, so you do think the US government is involved in a conspiracy to keep the evidence of alien visitation a secret from you.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

FunkMiller FunkMiller is still going, huh?
Stop feeding the troll.

I'm not trolling. I'm trying to get to the bottom of why you guys feel so strongly about all of this, and what it is you think is going on.

I've got people telling me all this evidence is out there, and we need to investigate to find it, which can only mean they think there's a mass conspiracy across nations to keep it all secret, because UFO reports have happened all over the world.

Last edited:

Romulus

So, all of these governments from many countries are deliberately keeping the evidence from us?

Because it's either that the evidence exists, and is being kept hidden, or that there isn't enough decent, compelling evidence. Those are the only two options. If there was decent, compelling evidence that wasn't being kept hidden, we'd all know about it.

So which is it?

I'm not even saying there's good/great evidence or that there should be.

Think about it this way. Have you ever heard of the SR-71? It was US jet that was at least a decade ahead of everything else. How many good pics/videos/evidence do you think Russia or Iran had of that thing? Virtually zero, and they were actively looking for it too.

Think about that real hard and then tell me why we should have all this evidence of craft traveling from another planet.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I'm not even saying there's good/great evidence or that there should be.

Think about it this way. Have you ever heard of the SR-71? It was US jet that was at least a decade ahead of everything else. How many good pics/videos/evidence do you think Russia or Iran had of that thing? Virtually zero, and they were actively looking for it too.

Think about that real hard and then tell me why we should have all this evidence of craft traveling from another planet.

Okay, so you've just said you don't think there's good or great evidence of alien visitation.

So, do you therefore believe all of this is actually about earthbound phenomenon, like military aircraft similar to the SR 71?

In which case, great. That's a far more likely and sensible suggestion than it being aliens.

I'm glad you agree with me.

I'm not trolling. I'm trying to get to the bottom of why you guys feel so strongly about all of this, and what it is you think is going on.

I've got people telling me all this evidence is out there, and we need to investigate to find it, which can only mean they think there's a mass conspiracy across nations to keep it all secret, because UFO reports have happened all over the world.
Uh huh.
At the very least, this is an investigation into reports of gross misappropriation of funds by the pentagon. It could be a prosaic explanation like defence contractors have black projects off the books in a coordinated effort with the pentagon, where they skim money going in, and they resell the tech to the us government and skim on the way out.
That’s enough reason to investigate the claims, yes?

FunkMiller

Uh huh.
At the very least, this is an investigation into reports of gross misappropriation of funds by the pentagon. It could be a prosaic explanation like defence contractors have black projects off the books in a coordinated effort with the pentagon, where they skim money going in, and they resell the tech to the us government and skim on the way out.
That’s enough reason to investigate the claims, yes?

None of you.... not a single, solitary one of you wants an investigation into misappropriation of funds by the Pentagon. I know this because there have been many, many hearings that have taken place over the years into how funds are used by the Pentagon, and other government departments... and lets just say there wasn't quite so much interest in them.

You all want the investigation because you think that evidence of alien visitation has been covered up by the government - you just don't want to say it outright, because it sounds like conspiracy theory stuff, doesn't it?

Again I'll ask, for the final time: do you believe there is decent and compelling evidence of alien visitation that has been covered up? Or do you believe there isn't decent and compelling evidence of alien visitation? Those are the only two logical choices.

Last edited:
I mean, this argument right here pretty much blows the whole thing out of the water:

Six billion smartphones on Earth. Every one with high quality recording equipment. Live, high quality instant streaming. Privately owned satellites. A whole slew of technology in the hands of billions of ordinary people, all designed to capture footage instantly, and the accompanying apparatus to spread that footage across the planet, almost as instantly.

I'd suggest watching this, as Neil probably knows what he's talking about a little more than any of us.

I have a Galaxy S9. I've tried taking pictures of the moon on some nights because of how beautiful/picturesque it was at that time, including that particularly bright one back in 2019. Unfortunately none of those pictures look any good and end up looking like I've taken a picture of a bright blob.

Many pictures/video that get posted and look like that get ridiculed for being so poor or incredibly shakey (due to max zoom being used). And on the flipside when something does look good get the "it's been faked" response. There have been numerous posting of pictures in this thread.

There will be nothing that ever satisfies any skeptic in terms of pictures.

As for religion, I'll say this. I am no where close to being considered a good Catholic but I do believe. I also do believe in both life out there and even if it proven that we are being visited it does nothing to shake the idea of God. And as said I'm not very religious at all so can you imagine those who are moreso? They'll double/triple down. Hell, most will think they aren't aliens but demons anyway.

None of you.... not a single, solitary one of you wants an investigation into misappropriation of funds by the Pentagon. I know this because there have been many, many hearings that have taken place over the years into how funds are used by the Pentagon, and other government departments... and lets just say there wasn't quite so much interest in them.

You all want the investigation because you think that evidence of alien visitation has been covered up by the government - you just don't want to say it outright, because it sounds like conspiracy theory stuff, doesn't it?

Again I'll ask, for the final time: do you believe there is decent and compelling evidence of alien visitation that has been covered up? Or do you believe there isn't decent and compelling evidence of alien visitation? Those are the only two logical choices.

I agree that the misappropriated funds need to be looked into. There was that massive 2.9 trillion or so IIRC that Rumsfield was getting put to task and then the next day 9/11 happened.

And as I've mentioned before in my own sighting. If it isn't aliens then it's tech we have that hasn't been released. That such things have been going on so long need to be answered as such tech could have been big help for us all.

Last edited:

Again I'll ask: do you believe there is decent and compelling evidence of alien visitation that has been covered up? Or do you believe there isn't decent and compelling evidence of alien visitation? Those are the only two choices.
Bro, how do you know I’m not glued to every single investigation into finances?

Who are you talking to? I’m not claiming anything. I’m not sure why you think you’re the one who can claim the number of choices, who is interested in what, or any other pronouncements you’re making.

You’re not that smart or special. You’re not enlightening anyone with your words. Just chill.

Last edited:

Yes. I'm willing to believe the testimony given last week, until it's proven that it is false.

FunkMiller

Yes. I'm willing to believe the testimony given last week, until it's proven that it is false.

At least one of you has got the stones to admit it.

I'm done with this, lads.

I can't honestly be doing with yanks who think their government - and by extension every other government, because of UFO 'sightings' across the world - is hiding all this top secret stuff about aliens from them.

Last edited:

midnightAI

I want the investigation simply because IF extra terrestrial life exists I'd rather know about it (I think) than be kept in the dark.

However, I am one who thinks that it's unlikely that extra terrestrial life exists and so (contrary to some opinions here) I'll only believe it when there is evidence. (Or am I not allowed to think like that?)

Last edited:

Romulus

Okay, so you've just said you don't think there's good or great evidence of alien visitation.

So, do you therefore believe all of this is actually about earthbound phenomenon, like military aircraft similar to the SR 71?

In which case, great. That's a far more likely and sensible suggestion than it being aliens.

I'm glad you agree with me.

There might not be great evidence for the reason I suggested, but its not impossible.

We can't expect great evidence everywhere when humans had trouble detecting other human craft. You're saying evidence should be everywhere, which I disagree with.

Everything else I disagree with as well. I'm not agreeing with what is sensible from a species that can't travel in space, but also admits they know almost nothing about space travel, but then tells you the possibility of another species traveling in space is unlikely. It's just absolutely absurd.

FunkMiller

There might not be great evidence for the reason I suggested, but its not impossible.

We can't expect great evidence everywhere when humans had trouble detecting other human craft. You're saying evidence should be everywhere, which I disagree with.

Everything else I disagree with as well. I'm not agreeing with what is sensible from a species that can't travel in space, but also admits they know almost nothing about space travel, but then tells you the possibility of another species traveling in space is unlikely. It's just absolutely absurd.

So again... you DO think the government is hiding evidence of alie -

Nope.

Bad FunkMiller!

This is very silly. It's like arguing with religious people.

Leave, FunkMiller. Leave now, you lunatic!

....thanks Grildon Tundy Grildon Tundy - now you've got me speaking in the third person as well.

Sniffing The Rock GIF

Romulus

I want the investigation simply because IF extra terrestrial life exists I'd rather know about it (I think) than be kept in the dark.

However, I am one who thinks that it's unlikely that extra terrestrial life exists and so (contrary to some opinions here) I'll only believe it when there is evidence. (Or am I not allowed to think like that?)

At least you're open to the possibilities. That's absolutely fine to me.

Last edited:

Romulus

Nope.

Bad FunkMiller!

....thanks Grildon Tundy Grildon Tundy - now you've got me speaking in the third person as well.

Sniffing The Rock GIF

What? Yeah I think even the possibility is insulting to you. They do have debunk forums where they call anyone that brings up the possibility of aliens as crazy etc, you can go there and feel safe.

Last edited:

Nope.

Bad FunkMiller!

Sniffing The Rock GIF
I know it’s tough to accept, but no one cares what you think or believe. It’s not on other people to convince you of anything. Believe what you will, just as other people will believe what they will.

There is an investigation under way, there are people who believe different things, but none of that has anything to do with you.

Last edited:
Right, so you do think the US government is involved in a conspiracy to keep the evidence of alien visitation a secret from you.
Holy shit.

I'm not claiming anything. How can so many people say the same thing over and over to you and you still don't get it.

I dont know. None of us do. You keep talking about wanting evidence that is literally what this is about. Disclosing evidence yet you are saying you don't want this to happen. We are saying who knows what's going on but let's see this so called evidence they want disclosed.

One thing is for sure. If I didn't believe an ounce of this shit and didn't think there was any evidence and didn't think this was even a possibility I wouldn't spend so much time in this thread arguing with people like you are.

Last edited:

Romulus

And speaking of religious people, I think his views are much closer to that than the scientific community. As a whole, the community is willing to look into this, but he's not. That's much closer to the "devil is a liar" way of thinking being completely shut off an insulted by another opinion.

Holy shit.

I'm not claiming anything. How can so many people say the same thing over and over to you and you still don't get it.

I dont know. None of us do. You keep talking about wanting evidence that is literally what this is about. Disclosing evidence yet you are saying you don't want this to happen. We are saying who knows what's going on but let's see this so called evidence they want disclosed.

One thing is for sure. If I didn't believe an ounce of this shit and didn't think there was any evidence and didn't think this was even a possibility I wouldn't spend so much time in this thread arguing with people like you are.
Let it go. The man is not engaging in good faith.

Lisa Simpson GIF by The Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom