• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

One of the more memorable encounters was the UFO encounter in Zimbabwe. I remember there being interviews of the school children, but I can't seem to find it. This is all I can find
The schoolkids who said they saw 'aliens' - BBC News

Theres a bunch of interviews from the college that interviewed them. I think Harvard. Craziest part is they're now in their 30s and maintain their story.
Crestview is very similar to this case but in Australia, but about a third of the witnesses were adults.

One of the most fascinating is Italy in the 1950s during a soccer game. 10000 people saw discs and cigar shaped objects that expelled some weird silk like material, covering houses nearby. The best skeptical guess was "mass spider migration spinning webs onto rooftops."

However analysis of the material made no sense and similar UFOs were seen in nearby towns in separate mass sightings around that timeframe.

This also happened in France with several UFOs dumping silk like material, also a mass sighting at a college in the 1970s.

Last edited:

INC

Skip to 8mins

In one of the videos, it seems a missile directly hits it, but does literally nothing?

A.Romero

Skip to 8mins

In one of the videos, it seems a missile directly hits it, but does literally nothing?

Those videos are some of the weirdest I've seen in a long time. It's crazy.

I don't think it's a missile because it doesn't explode but what else could it be?

I'm up for the most simple and earthly explanation every time but I can't think what could these objects be. They are not hovering nor moving. WTF?

Romulus

Theres another vid where those objects are "dripping" horizontally and the little orbs fly sideways. Looks 100% identical other than that.

thief183

I just want to tell someone about this little experience with UFO I had about a week ago while I was in vacation in "Isola D'Elba" in Italy.

I was on the beach looking at the completely clear blu sky and a strange object cought my actention, I can't say how big it was or how far away it was but it lookeck like a triangle made of alluminiom, it was stationary and after 3 to 4 seconds vanished (actually gradually vanished). I wasn't the only one noticing it but noone of us made a video, we just watched each other like "what the F was that" and then acted as if nothing happened.

That's it, just a small little experience with what was probably nothing.

Edit: just seen this video and it looke something like this

Shapeshifting UFO - YouTube

Last edited:

Romulus

I just want to tell someone about this little experience with UFO I had about a week ago while I was in vacation in "Isola D'Elba" in Italy.

I was on the beach looking at the completely clear blu sky and a strange object cought my actention, I can't say how big it was or how far away it was but it lookeck like a triangle made of alluminiom, it was stationary and after 3 to 4 seconds vanished (actually gradually vanished). I wasn't the only one noticing it but noone of us made a video, we just watched each other like "what the F was that" and then acted as if nothing happened.

That video you posted doesn't really seem like what you described though, or do you just mean the behavior?

I meant the behavior, IT is rally hard to describe something that happened for 3 seconds:) Also probably my brain is adding details over time :(
The tic tac I saw as a child looked like it was shrinking but I think that was due to being on the highway and driving further away from it. It was also very very high above the clouds.

INC

Old classic video, shame it looks too good to be real

You'd think we'd have even more videos like this, now everyone has a camera.......

Last edited:

I still listen to this and feel so proud of Tom Delonge. I remember when he left Blink to look for aliens and so many people made fun of him. But then his UFO footage was determined to be legit by the Navy and Pentagon, and it was just very satisfying.

Also, one of the best Blink songs.

Old classic video, shame it looks too good to be real

You'd think we'd have even more videos like this, now everyone has a camera.......

"Classic".

"2008".

You're making me feel old.

Though there is this one video from a old 70s documentary that this reminds me a bit of but I can't find it. I just remember that when the ufo is shown gliding in the air the narrator is saying "What you are seeing is real".

Romulus

Apparently, there are dozens of videos about these "Pogo stick" objects that go back decades

e6d5z5rmlnh71.jpg

More.....

I think about 17% of the reason for me is because it annoys you.
I mean if you are gonna post them at least have them be semi believable not balloons and crackpots

heres an alien invader pogo stick i took a picture of last week, moved in exactly the same way...slowly, was the same shape.....

cFkWZfR.png

spoiler: I watched it slowly move to that position....it was a unicorn birthday balloon. You see these odd shaped balloons ALL the time in Mexican/Central American areas.

Romulus

I mean if you are gonna post them at least have them be semi believable not balloons and crackpots

heres an alien invader pogo stick i took a picture of last week, moved in exactly the same way...slowly, was the same shape.....

cFkWZfR.png

spoiler: I watched it slowly move to that position....it was a unicorn birthday balloon. You see these odd shaped balloons ALL the time in Mexican/Central American areas.

What the is this post? Makes no sense. They have actual debunkers, just go read their stuff and be happy. Everything is explainable.

The videos look like it could very well be balloons moving slowly through the wind I have to admit.

I’d love to see one of these ufos have faster movements like the others; very intriguing though on how it looks.

Liljagare

There is another good LAARP going on over at Reddit atm, you can't make this shit up. Prebought presscoverage by a ex-intelligence officer:

Well, just make your own mind up..

Last edited:

Mondai

I saw a UFO when I was around 14 years old in Puerto Rico, I was playing basketball at a neighbors house at night and I looked up and saw a big round red light moving in the sky. I lived near an airport so naturally I thought It was plane and was going to ignore it but then I saw the light stop in the middle of the air , I went closer to see if I could see the plane, then I noticed that whatever it was , it was not making any noise (like a plane or helicopter would) it was dead silence. Suddenly the thing just shot up way high in the sky and start moving in a round pattern , I ran home to tell my brother to go outside and see it but when I came back out it was gone, during all that period, even when it suddenly shot up , I never heard it make a sound.

Romulus

There is another good LAARP going on over at Reddit atm, you can't make this shit up. Prebought presscoverage by a ex-intelligence officer:

Well, just make your own mind up..

"Seems" like bullshit to me. I hate to knock stuff I don't understand because humans end up being wrong about basically everything but I don't buy any of it.

This thread, at least in part, has gotten me to start a rewatch of the X-files. I'm still early in season one, but it's still as great as I remember.

Side note, I don't know if I ever mentioned this in this thread, but I saw a UFO about 20 years ago out in the country one night. It was absolutely enormous though. To be fair, I could mostly only see lights that were evenly spread apart (and moving in perfect unison - as a single object), but the size of the thing would have had to be massive. I had no device to photograph it, and honestly I probably wouldn't have done so anyway. I was so transfixed on this strange sighting. It moved slowly and was too far away/too dark to make out any real detail. I don't know what it was, and I've never seen anything else like it. I still think about that from time to time. (Oh, and I lost about 8 hours of time. Just kidding. :p)

MilkyJoe

This thread, at least in part, has gotten me to start a rewatch of the X-files. I'm still early in season one, but it's still as great as I remember.

Side note, I don't know if I ever mentioned this in this thread, but I saw a UFO about 20 years ago out in the country one night. It was absolutely enormous though. To be fair, I could mostly only see lights that were evenly spread apart (and moving in perfect unison - as a single object), but the size of the thing would have had to be massive. I had no device to photograph it, and honestly I probably wouldn't have done so anyway. I was so transfixed on this strange sighting. It moved slowly and was too far away/too dark to make out any real detail. I don't know what it was, and I've never seen anything else like it. I still think about that from time to time. (Oh, and I lost about 8 hours of time. Just kidding. :p)

Did you have a sore arse in the morning?

StormCell

Just saw this today. How high up would you say the object was? Occasionally, when staring straight into the deep blue sky you can actually see low orbit satellites and such. It's no different than seeing a satellite at night time, or for that matter seeing the moon during the daytime. Occasionally, satellites will reflect light from the sun momentarily which would make them visible for a short while as well as have the appearance of changing shape. That would be my best guess if it appeared to be really high up in the atmosphere.

MilkyJoe

So what are you saying?

That it just looks like it..........? Does look layered on top tbh, because otherwise its probably the best ufo video about atm
To be honest I'm so jaded by fakes I'm not even interested in videos anymore

Last edited:

StormCell

I still listen to this and feel so proud of Tom Delonge. I remember when he left Blink to look for aliens and so many people made fun of him. But then his UFO footage was determined to be legit by the Navy and Pentagon, and it was just very satisfying.

Also, one of the best Blink songs.

The other awesome aliens song...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom