• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All GTA V leaked screens and video go here, and only here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
This game looks really impressive graphically. Judging by what's available it seems like they really squeezed the last bits of juice out of those old consoles.

lets talk about:
where are all the other cars???.

Heh? He passed like 30 cars. If you're looking for traffic jams, you'll likely have to wait until next gen.

And not all the cars will controls like that white sports car. And GTAIV wasn't realistic, that game was slippery as hell with totally exaggerated weight shifting/suspension systems.

Alienous

Damn that looks smooth. Much better sense of speed than GTA IV, and also looks like the cops are a lot more aggressive. I like.

What happened to the car collisions? Where are the hit reactions for shooting? He gets shot in the back and bleeds like it's Tekken.

On a positive note, the 'get up' animation is improved.

Covilicious

Neo Member
Heh? He passed like 30 cars. If you're looking for traffic jams, you'll likely have to wait until next gen.

And not all the cars will controls like that white sports car. And GTAIV wasn't realistic, that game was slippery as hell will totally exaggerated weight shifting/suspension systems.
Yeah, and it was awesome

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This. If the handling of all the cars is similar to that white sports car I'm going to be massively, massively disappointed.
I absolutely LOVED the more realistic physics in GTA IV, but how do you expect a exotic convertible to handle at those speeds?

It looked squirrelly, as it should. That sort of a car would have considerably more responsive throttle as well. It's too early to see if it's been loosened up too much, but I didn't see anything in that video that was that offensive. It looked a lot like GTA IV to me with a better sense of speed so it doesn't look like you're losing half your speed immediately when you start to slide like in GTA IV.

Driving looks nice and tight, but the roads seem super empty... Also, is the deformation on cars still in? Doesn't seem like anything happened with those collisions.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
iqwDWEQ3ff6YJ.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The gameplay segment in Rockstar's video showed a SHITLOAD of cars at once but it was probably on a highway. GTA games always have more cars/crazier NPC drivers there.

RawNuts

Driving looks closer to how Midnight Club LA handles but not as fast. I like Midnight Club so I'm fine with that.

Also looks like they removed the horrible overabundance of motion blur when you're driving fast.

Covilicious

Neo Member
I absolutely LOVED the more realistic physics in GTA IV, but how do you expect a exotic convertible to handle at those speeds?

It looked squirrelly, as it should. That sort of a car would have considerably more responsive throttle as well. It's too early to see if it's been loosened up too much, but I didn't see anything in that video that was that offensive. It looked a lot like GTA IV to me with a better sense of speed so it doesn't look like you're losing half your speed immediately when you start to slide like in GTA IV.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping, but they've been saying for a while now that they changed the driving a lot for V from IV and every time I hear that I got scared. I don't want this shit to control like garbage in the old games. Even the collisions look less visceral - almost like a second rate open world game. More videos of the driving need to leak NOW. :(

I hope he was just in a really good sports car for it to drive like that...eh. I love GTA IV's driving. Didn't seem to be too much traffic either. Ugh I can't wait for this shit too much longer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
4chan is pretty upset about the lack of pedestrians/cars too. Methinks R* might've done this on purpose for pre-release copies. Someone should try shifting their internal console clock forward while offline.

Might be a time of day/location thing too considering it looks pretty early based on the sky, and R* said they were looking into traffic densities in different California regions.

4chan is pretty upset about the lack of pedestrians/cars too. Methinks R* might've done this on purpose for pre-release copies. Someone should try shifting their internal console clock forward while offline.

Might be a time of day/location thing too considering it looks pretty early based on the sky, and R* said they were looking into traffic densities in different California regions.

It's a retail copy.

IMACOMPUTA

whyyyyy would that haapppppen

Ghost23

Haha wut. I think you might be over thinking a little bit.

Fjordson

I won't at all be surprised if the driving is more arcadey than IV. Lots of people didn't like IV's physics.

Still looks okay to me, though.

Rembrandt

Banned
I like how that last cop pulled up, slid to the side, and the passenger cop was already getting out. Much more realistic looking then then in GTAIV where the cop would have drove into you at 100mph.

edit:

This gif shows what I'm talking about good.

great detail. I can't wait to see 6 stars.

FrsDvl

You know buddy is probably playing with one hand, how can you judge vehicle controls by that, it's not like he has a good grip on the controller. Oh gaf

What happened with Dark Souls?

Developers jumped into people's games with impossibly high leveled characters to kill them.

Obviously, that didn't happen if people were playing offline.

And programming some limitation into the game based on the console's internal clock based on whether the game has been released is nonsensical, and probably didn't happen.

edit: pre-empted!

Rockstar have already said the game wouldn't be as dense with traffic and peds since the streets and map overall is much wider/spread out, and more people drive in LA (kind of a contradiction, whatever). It's probably an excuse due to performance issues. Or maybe it's a time of day / area thing, who knows.

Don't expect miracles. This is still 8 year old hardware.

amnesiac

Pretty sure he's referring to when FROM devs logged on and were invading players that had it early.
Developers jumped into people's games with impossibly high leveled characters to kill them.

Obviously, that didn't happen if people were playing offline.

And programming some limitation into the game based on the console's internal clock based on whether the game has been released is nonsensical, and probably didn't happen.

edit: pre-empted!

Ah, thanks.
Maybe the map is twice as big n the retail version.

How isn't this the retail version? It's not like Rockstar made a bunch of fake copies just to screw early people over.

Yerolo

All the vids we have seen are 'in mission' as far as I can see. If you remember back to IV, there was often less cars/peds during missions than there was when in free roam mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom