• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All my favorite Netflix shows have been cancelled

Compsiox

Banned
This is the first time I've felt like there is nothing for me on the service. I've never felt so much disappointment at once in terms of cancellations and shows being left on cliffhangers.

Shows cancelled:
  • The Society
  • Messiah
  • The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
  • F is for Family
  • Bojack Horseman

That's actually everything I watched except Kingdom (sk/zombie thriller)

I don't know about you guys but this fucking sucks ass. They just raised the prices for the service too.

Last edited:
This is the first time I've felt like there is nothing for me on the service. I've never felt so much disappointment at once in terms of cancellations and shows being left on cliffhangers.

Shows cancelled:
  • The Society
  • Messiah
  • F is for Family
  • Bojack Horseman

I don't know about you guys but this fucking sucks ass. They just raised the prices for the service too.
Then cancel them as well.
It's easy.

sol_bad

Have you watched Umbrella Academy? Pretty darn good.
Stranger is a good murder mystery show, it's Korean and recently finished it's 2nd season.

Prison Mike

Banned
I may have to. This is the worst year ever.
otHpAJ6.gif

Compsiox

Banned
Have you watched Umbrella Academy? Pretty darn good.
Stranger is a good murder mystery show, it's Korean and recently finished it's 2nd season.
I'll try Stranger. Umbrella Academy never seemed too exciting to me.

If you like korean shows watch Signal. Extremely interesting premise.

Also Extracurricular.

Last edited:
Why do you need others to confirm your own feelings?

You're disappointed with the service and the content they have doesn't appeal to you.

It seems straightforward.

DKehoe

I know with BoJack it got cancelled once the contract was up. If they kept going they would have had to renegotiate and pay everyone involved more money. I’m guessing it was a similar situation with the others. It seems like Netflix has made the calculation that churning out a bunch of short lived new shows is more profitable than keeping your existing ones going.

Compsiox

Banned
Bojack hasn't been cancelled. It's finished.
F is for family has one more season. Then the contract is up.
Bojack was cancelled. The contract was up.

Very sure the creators said they wanted more time.

Edit: Not cancelled in the traditional sense I guess but they forced the creators to rush their vision. Probably would have gotten at least one more season.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned

Shows cancelled:
  • The Society
  • Messiah
  • F is for Family
  • Bojack Horseman

Netflix is woke. So they have the urge to cancel something every now and then. They cant ignore the urge.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

Shows cancelled:
  • The Society
  • Messiah
  • F is for Family
  • Bojack Horseman

Last kingdom

money heist
Breaking bad
Better call Saul.
Stranger things.
The Witcher
ozark
bloodline.

Signal is just Frequency without Jim Caviezal

i do wish Netflix would stop the two season cancellation crap though.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Bojack hasn't been cancelled. It's finished.
F is for family has one more season. Then the contract is up.

It got a proper ending but that's because Raphael Bob-Waksberg, the creator of the show, had asked Netflix to give him advanced warning if they were planning on cancelling it. They let him know the most recent season would be the last they would do so he was able to plan an actual ending.

Fbh

Yep, their approach of just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks is making it increasingly hard to give a shit about Netflix originals. Why should I waste time watching their shows and getting invested in their stories/worlds/characters if there's like a 50% chance they'll just cancel it and leave it unfinished after 1-2 seasons.

It's like the fox of streaming services. Makes some cool shows but you need to wait until they are completed before getting invested in them.

With that said I was fine with Bojack ending. Not sure how much of a choice the creators had in it but to me it felt like a good and satisfying ending. I'd much rather have a show end on a high note than going on and eventually turning to shit like most long running animated show (cough...the simpsons...cough)

Last edited:

DKehoe

Yep, their approach of just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks is making it increasingly hard to give a shit about Netflix originals. Why should I waste time watching their shows and getting invested in their stories/worlds/characters if there's like a 50% they'll just cancel it and leave it unfinished after 1-2 seasons.

It's like the fox of streaming services. Makes some cool shows but you need to wait until they are completed before getting invested in them.

With that said I was fine with Bojack ending. Not sure how much of a choice the creators had in it but to me it felt like a good and satisfying ending. I'd much rather have a show end on a high note than going on and eventually turning to shit like most long running animated show (cough...the simpsons...cough)

It does seem like the strategy is throw shit at the wall and see what turns into a Stranger Things style megahit. If it's not that then you discard it. Although it feels like even the interest in Stranger Things has cooled off in a big way after season 1.

I also wonder if the constant churn of new shows is a strategy to stop people cancelling their subscriptions. If there's a huge list of shows you keep meaning to check out then you're less likely to cancel than if there's only a handful of things you still want to watch. Even if each of those shows only has a couple seasons.

Last edited:

TindalosPup

This is actually officially my mom's last month of netflix for the same reasons

She wants to see Christmas Chronicles 2 before cancelling because Kurt Russel Santa

jason10mm

Gold Member
If it wasn't for the kids wanting some show on every damned service I would just do rolling month subscriptions and binge. Netflix original movies/shows are extremely hit or miss for me. I can tell they are trying to get into a monthly hype drop rhythm but so far it isn't working for me. They are also pricing themselves into intermittent subscription territory. Disney+ is so cheap, amazon is rolled into prime, those per month services in the 15-20 range are the ones I'm scrutinizing.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

Shows cancelled:
  • The Society
  • Messiah
  • F is for Family
  • Bojack Horseman

They are the new Fox network. Fox cancels everything, except a few old shows.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Streaming platforms know our every move, exactly what we watch and when. Eventually from all this glorious data they will all be able to produce the perfect show, a form of entertainment so enthralling that the entire world stares in awe at their televisions, their phones, their computer monitors.. every screen on earth tuned in to the broadcast that will destroy us all as we starve to death unable to look away.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They were already losing my interest over the years by doing this for shows you just start to get into (they should just remove the frustrating teases), and ever since Cuties, I no longer pay for nor use Netflix.

Dark Star

Meh. The only show I’m looking forward to next year/season is YOU. Maybe Stranger Things as well.

Netflix better not cancel my Creepy Joe, or wannabe Goonies kids!

Last edited:

YCoCg

They've gone all in on trash TV, which is ironic since it built itself on being better than that, but nope, now we get shows like "FLOOR IS LAVA!" and "CAKE SHOW #158".

xrnzaaas

I pretty much stopped watching new shows as soon as they come out even before Netflix became so popular. The majority of the ones I watched in the last 10-15 years ended prematurely or dragged on without getting a planned season finale. Not gonna wasted my time on that if the show has a main arc you're supposed to follow.

Top Bottom