• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All of Square Enix E3 Trailers on Youtube have Massive Disliked

brian0057

Banned
Every time LiS: True Colors is mentioned, this image just pops up in my head.

E30hbhWUcAIAmzp

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Outside of Guardians looking okay-good, the entire rest was a shit show. Especially Babylons generic Gaasfall and brown/green xbox 360 era generic looking fina fartasy Edging to Chaos.
I suspect it'll end up looking pretty nice on-screen. That painterly post-effect seems like something that's going to get murdered by YT compression.

Bear in mind its a PS4/XOne game, it was never going to have the level of detail of a proper PS5/Series Gen title, and if it can run on them we know the sort of uplift you get in performance/resolution just by running the base code untouched on PC and new hardware.

I know I've posted a lot on this game and on the TN thing, but it bothers me that they are taking so much flak for basically being true cross-gen releases. This is what you should expect from a lot of games at this point. 2022 is still inside the transitional window even disregarding the pandemic's impact on dev cycles.

Bottom line is that unless you believe that its right for publishers to straight-up drop dev on all last gen product from day#1 of a new cycle, this is what you should expect. Personally I'd find that to be appallingly anti-consumer, especially given how supply constrained the new hardware is right now.

Unknown?

I was more enthralled by Micro/Bethes conference and I have a PS5 😂.
The joke is on SE tbh none of anything they showed looked any good and the only thing I was interested in is going straight to mobile.
Well most of their show is coming to PS5 either day 1 or 3-6 months so I can see why!

royox

People watches a SQueenix conference to see the next biggest games of the industry and the biggest JRPG that exists. Instead of that they go to E3 with a bunch of smartphone shits, "game as service" with micropayments and shits. Where is FFXVI? Where is DQXII? Where is Project Triangle? Where is FFXIV endwalker expansion?
Only shit.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Babylon’s Fall went from one of my most anticipated games to something I never want to see again in two minutes so that was a complete dud. Final Fantasy Origin no one asked for and was marketed so poorly in that trader, it was pure chaos.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks pretty cool, and I’m really happy it’s not a live service title. Life is Strange I’m indifferent.

Overall the show was a complete waste of time.

Last edited:
Is anyone surprised? Japanese developers have been lagging behind Western developers for years now. The animations of characters and actions look like the same shit from the PS3/360 gen. Cheesy, cliche stories with shitty VA work.

BTW how the fuck does Team Ninja still find work? Their games are fucking trash and their gameplay and style is outdated.

Manji Uzuki

Seems that square is saving lot of things for other events like the nintendo direct, next state of play, TGS... They only showed here the B tier stuff and it was a mistake. To wrap up the event, the demo of FF Origin is still broken...

Oh nooooooooz! Not the dislike barz! You know dats when shit has hit the fan and a game is set to fail! I-i mean look at CoD and Star Wars BF! Those games really sold like shit because of the dreaded dislike bar on YouTubez!

Strider311

Hmm, I thought Guardians of the Galaxy looked great but that is just me. Didn’t care for most of the rest of what they showed.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Babylons Fall looks like the worst platinum game since Ninja Turtles
Oh wow, I didn't watch that one but holy shit, did they download their own trailer off of Kazaa or are the graphics just like that?

Camreezie

+ Guardians of the Galaxy not being a GAAS
+ Demo for that Final Fantasy Soulslike so at least people wont get mugged off without knowing how it will play

- Life Is Strange remaster when they're all accessible on every device and console
- Mobile port of Final Fantasy 1-6
- Still publishing Hitman games after cutting IO loose

Mr.ODST

+ Guardians of the Galaxy not being a GAAS
+ Demo for that Final Fantasy Soulslike so at least people wont get mugged off without knowing how it will play

- Life Is Strange remaster when they're all accessible on every device and console
- Mobile port of Final Fantasy 1-6
- Still publishing Hitman games after cutting IO loose

looking forward to The First Soldier, really enjoyed the beta and the Demo doesn't even work for FFO xD

Javthusiast

Banned
I suspect it'll end up looking pretty nice on-screen. That painterly post-effect seems like something that's going to get murdered by YT compression.

Bear in mind its a PS4/XOne game, it was never going to have the level of detail of a proper PS5/Series Gen title, and if it can run on them we know the sort of uplift you get in performance/resolution just by running the base code untouched on PC and new hardware.

I know I've posted a lot on this game and on the TN thing, but it bothers me that they are taking so much flak for basically being true cross-gen releases. This is what you should expect from a lot of games at this point. 2022 is still inside the transitional window even disregarding the pandemic's impact on dev cycles.

Bottom line is that unless you believe that its right for publishers to straight-up drop dev on all last gen product from day#1 of a new cycle, this is what you should expect. Personally I'd find that to be appallingly anti-consumer, especially given how supply constrained the new hardware is right now.

Babylon and final fantasy origins looking bad and being seemingly written even worse has nothing to do with last gen limitations.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Can you imagine how hyped people would be if square updated their old RPGs to look like this instead of lazy mobile ports:

No idea if you have seen it, but dragon quest 3 2d HD looks lovely, I was personally hoping they were going to do something similar with these older ff games.

So it was pretty disappointing, or atleast a collection of 1-6 for consoles.

But mobile only, seems so odd.

Top Bottom