• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

Muzicfreq

Banned
I know they won't but kinda wish that DA:I would get a patch with better AA, stable locked 30fps, shadow quality

But they be working on ME and then probably to the next Dragon Age

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
There's a Tales of Bersieria demo up.

That game doesn't have any known Pro upgrades, does it ? I guess it's the same case as Yakuza 0, since the original JP version has already come out year(s) ago.

black070

Boy, does Assassins Creed Revelations look good in 4K:

ZAyOJEn.jpg

N6XrQRk.jpg

The screens aren't really doing it justice unfortunately.

JP

This is another one that I can't check at the moment and it is very vague so it could end up not being related to the issues with the Pro version.
World of Final Fantasy - v1.02 (679.5 MB)
-We've also crushed some bugs. CRUSH! they're gone! Happy imprisoning!
I hadn't played the game since the Pro update that messed it up but I have loaded it up to have a look at it and although the depth of field is still very heavy, to me at least, it looks fine as it is now.

black070

This is another one that I can't check at the moment and it is very vague so it could end up not being related to the issues with the Pro version.

I hadn't played the game since the Pro update that messed it up but I have loaded it up to have a look at it and although the depth of field is still very heavy, to me at least, it looks fine as it is now.

Can confirm, looks to have been fixed - the starting area was a blurry mess pre-patch.

JP

Can confirm, looks to have been fixed - the starting area was a blurry mess pre-patch.
Good to know. I can understand why some may not like the depth of field after this patch but I do like it, glad I didn't play it when it was really heavy. :)

black070

I noticed the OP doesn't state what resolution World of Final Fantasy runs on the Pro at 4K (if it runs at a higher resolution at all) so I took some screenshots for you post-patch 1.02:

wy8XSY6.jpg

9VYPE6B.jpg

H7eBst2.jpg

5jYE0Tq.jpg

BigEmil

I noticed the OP doesn't state what resolution World of Final Fantasy runs on the Pro at 4K (if it runs at a higher resolution at all) so I took some screenshots for you post-patch 1.02:
[Images]
Would be nice for .png screenshots hosted on sites such as cubeupload or abload or flickr which don't compress images further like imgur do

adamsapple

World of FF looks so good, I already have my copy but waiting for the expected Pro patch tomorrow. Gives me time to level up my Diablo 3 character :p

Okay, looks like I've got a lot of work ahead tonight!

If anyone by chance has PSVR on their Pro, can you check 100ft. Robot Golf for improvements? It's possible Pro patches only affect one mode and not the other (as with Super Stardust).

adamsapple

I'd give it a shot if I were you - I too was burnt out by Unity, but when I finally got around to playing through Syndicate, it was quite a pleasant surprise, and a definite return to form in my opinion.

Whelp ... best buy had it for just $9.99. Placed the order. Didn't even bother finishing Unity, hopefully this isn't as bad.

Here are some early observaations and pics of KoFXIV with the new Pro patch.
Thanks so much, added to the OP! Pixel counting shows it to be 1440p. I don't see any other obvious improvements, but obviously the framerate could potentially be improved if it had hitches before. This same patch introduced so many changes to even the standard PS4 that it'll likely be a while before anyone can break down differences, though.

100ft Robot Golf for PSVR received a Pro patch today.
Also appreciated! But I can't find any shots of this looking around. If anyone has the game and Pro (and VR?), screens and impressions would be helpful.

I've also revised Steep based on Digital Foundry's recent video. It seems rather than a resolution boost, it has a considerable framerate improvement (though not to 60fps).

Now the bad news: I've completely removed World of Final Fantasy from the list. Thank you very much to black070 and Omegabalmung9 for the shots, which prove the DOF problem has been corrected on Pro. But pixel counting them finds that they're all native 1080p, and no effects appear to differ. I also watched some Pro and standard videos, and can see no obvious framerate differences. It seems the game now looks and plays identically across all displays and on all PS4 models.

This makes me believe I was correct from the start when I left the game off my initial list: the DOF problem was simply a bug, and not part of a messed-up Pro enhancement. As evidence, the patch notes mention bug fixes, but not Pro. And I've done some research, and I also don't see where the game was ever announced to have Pro support coming. The closest thing is people assuming it would, apparently based on this image:

KH2.8_Pro.png

That slide comes from Sony's 2016 PlayStation Asia conference, and I've seen it as a list of Pro-enhanced games. But I watched the actual conference again, and the emcee (who's speaking English) is not referencing Pro support when that's shown. He's listing all PlayStation hardware, and then says "And of course, we are preparing to launch a [unintelligible] play titles." Though I can't understand the five syllables in the brackets, none of them is "Pro"; the speaker's pronunciation of that word is clear elsewhere. Most of the games do have Pro support, but I think that's due to when they released (or will release). Meanwhile, Yakuza 0 and Xenoverse 2 are also out, but do not have Pro enhancements.

World of Final Fantasy has no PS4 Pro support (though it's now also not broken on Pro).

World of Final Fantasy most be at least booting in Pro mode to have had the bugs though, right?

Shame there's no proper support though..

World of Final Fantasy most be at least booting in Pro mode to have had the bugs though, right?
I don't know. The whole issue seemed to be overapplication of DOF blur. We know there are some minor revisions to Pro's GPU architecture. Even when it's running at standard PS4 clocks, and with all the extra CUs turned off, could this cause an unexpected miscalculation in the DOF effect? Perhaps I'm wrong about that possibility.

So what do people think, would it be more clear to leave the game off the list, or to include it but with no improvements at all?

I think leave it off the list if there are no noticeable improvements.

Edit : I was just making an observation. Are there any examples of older games glitching on the Pro hardware? I hadn't heard of any but that might need it's own thread or a foot note in this one.

Tagg9

KH2.8_Pro.png

That slide comes from Sony's 2016 PlayStation Asia conference, and I've seen it as a list of Pro-enhanced games. But I watched the actual conference again, and the emcee (who's speaking English) is not referencing Pro support when that's shown. He's listing all PlayStation hardware, and then says "And of course, we are preparing to launch a [unintelligible] play titles." Though I can't understand the five syllables in the brackets, none of them is "Pro"; the speaker's pronunciation of that word is clear elsewhere. Most of the games do have Pro support, but I think that's due to when they released (or will release). Meanwhile, Yakuza 0 and Xenoverse 2 are also out, but do not have Pro enhancements.

Wait, people are still quoting this image in regards to PS4 Pro? My understanding is that the slide was used to show games that are getting an Asia release (IIRC, more specifically these are releases that include a Cantonese translation). It's got nothing to do with the Pro.

I think leave it off the list if there are no noticeable improvements.

Edit : I was just making an observation. Are there any examples of older games glitching on the Pro hardware? I hadn't heard of any but that might need it's own thread or a foot note in this one.
This is actually a very convincing argument. If simple DOF could be thrown off in World of Final Fantasy, surely it would also have been messed up in some other game, considering how very many titles use DOF of some form. Plus, people with vastly more knowledge than me designed the Pro hardware specifically intending not to do anything different on unenhanced titles. What's more likely, that they messed up or that my conjecture is true? The answer is clear: I must be wrong about the reason for World of Final Fantasy's problems.

Glad they're fixed now, I guess, though having literally no improvements (that I can detect, anyway) is a new low for "enhanced on Pro".

Wait, people are still quoting this image in regards to PS4 Pro? My understanding is that the slide was used to show games that are getting an Asia release (IIRC, more specifically these are releases that include a Cantonese translation but I don't recall exactly). It's got nothing to do with the Pro.
Not "still", I was talking about people using it months ago. But it was the only place I could find where World of Final Fantasy was supposedly scheduled for Pro enhancement. I didn't find any PR stating this, which is part of why I thought it might indicate Square Enix didn't even try. As noted above, though, I now think they really did try (with extremely minimal effort, it seems).

Man, I have to say it again, battlefield 1 looks and runs so much better on the pro, it blew me away. looked already great on the OG but the framerate was..yeah.

But now it feels almost like a generation apart. This thing alone justified my pro purchase.

Skyrim on the other hand... It runs worse than on the OG, can't play it any more with these framerate issues.

It was explicitly announced to support the Pro though:

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1311558
Okay, that's just more reason that I was wrong. I'll add it back to the list at the next update.

So, if it hasn't received any kind of resolution bump, it might be other less tangible things like better effects, less frame drops things like that.
I didn't see anything like that in screens or videos, but of course I could be mistaken.

JP

Okay, that's just more reason that I was wrong. I'll add it back to the list at the next update.

I didn't see anything like that in screens or videos, but of course I could be mistaken.
I think it's best to list any game that is stated as having Pro improvements, even if we're not aware of what those improvements actually are.

Maybe add the reason why you're adding it to the list but state that we're not yet aware of what those improvements are. Under reason you could have something along the lines of...
  • PS4 Pro improvements = v1.20 Patch Notes
  • Better Performance on PS4 Pro = ea.com
  • Listed in PS4 Pro section of PS Store

As long as you're also stating that we've not seen documentary evidence of the listed improvements then you're being honest and I think that's the most important thing here. it may also be an idea to list these "undocumented" games as a separate colour, so that they stand out from the documented games? maybe the title bar of the game could change colour from the blue of the standard listings?

I'd assume too that once a game was listed on here as having "undocumented" improvements then people would be keeping an eye on that game to see if anything did change, if they did pick up on minor improvements that only occur in specific situations or if just having a look at patch notes when a new patch hits.

PS4 Pro patches don't always work as the developer intends so it's entirely possible that when they released the patch they believed something different was going to happen and hopefully they'll remedy the issue once the patch is out there.

Just an idea. :)

EDIT:
XCOM 2 would be one of these games, it's in the PS4 pro section of the UK Store but nobody can work out what the PS4 Pro improvements are.

adamsapple

Cod DAMN !

Ratchet and Clank has instantly rocketed up to one of the best visually stunning looking Pro games within minutes of starting it.

ratchet_clank_2017011j5s5w.png

ratchet_clank_2017011sfs0g.png

ratchet_clank_201701175ss9.png

nelchaar

I just played and finished Oxenfree on the pro and there was noticeable framerate stutter. I don't know if the framerate is dipping below 30 or there's a frame pacing problem but it's certainly not smooth.

I know the devs mentioned the FPS is more stable on the Pro but I definitely didnt notice it.

I just played and finished Oxenfree on the pro and there was noticeable framerate stutter. I don't know if the framerate is dipping below 30 or there's a frame pacing problem but it's certainly not smooth.

I know the devs mentioned the FPS is more stable on the Pro but I definitely didnt notice it.
Can you upload some Share video? If by chance you're able to upload the same area on a standard PS4, that'd be even more helpful.

Tigerfog

Likewise. I did my playthough on my PS4 Pro and the framerate dipped quite a few times.
Gotta love those endings though... they're all excellent.

Really? In the UK store there are currently 35 games listed. They seem to update it as the games are released too.
Since you initially posted that list, I've suspected its length is due to a philosophical choice on what to include. Does it actually say "enhanced for Pro" there, or just "Pro games" or the like? I think they may be adding every game released since Pro came out, whether or not there are any enhancements. (Of course, that doesn’t mean some of the games couldn't have so-far-undetected improvements.)

black070

Since you initially posted that list, I've suspected its length is due to a philosophical choice on what to include. Does it actually say "enhanced for Pro" there, or just "Pro games" or the like? I think they may be adding every game released since Pro came out, whether or not there are any enhancements. (Of course, that doesn’t mean some of the games couldn't have so-far-undetected improvements.)

Perhaps, but it's been updating with a very select few PSN titles too which makes me think it is thought out. Every full retail released games on their have Pro support, the only two that are up for debate are XCOM 2 (which is said to have been supported since the Pro's release, and I'm certain it does to some capacity since many thought Mafia 3 hadn't been updated either despite it being on the list) and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Did they ever upgrade Rocket League?
You typically shouldn't have to ask this kind of question. If it's not on the list, chances are very high it's not updated. I'm keeping pretty caught up.

I haven't seen anyone mention a Rocket League patch, and given the daily players it would surely be noticed.

ViolentP

You typically shouldn't have to ask this kind of question. If it's not on the list, chances are very high it's not updated. I'm keeping pretty caught up.

I haven't seen anyone mention a Rocket League patch, and given the daily players it would surely be noticed.

The work is appreciated.

JP

Yeah, there are certainly loads of games that have been released since the Pro launched and their not included in the PS4 Pro games area. It only seems to be games that have PS4 Pro upgrades or have been listed as having Pro patches.

I know that there are a couple of Pro gams listed that have been called into question, like XCOM 2, but they state on Twitter that it has been updated. That could simply mean that it's now running with the Pro flag selected but due to how the game is setup, running at a higher clock rate doesn't actually bring any visible improvements.

Maybe it's the same for Marvel vs Capcom 3 Ultimate? Or maybe Sony knows they have a patch on the way? I'd actually be quite surprised if they improved this game in any way to be honest.

EDIT:
I think I may be right about the Pro flag being what's needed to end up in the Pro specific section, I don't have any evidence to back up what I'm saying but remember the slide from ages ago that stated supersampling would be added to the SDK at some point? What if that supersampling requires the Pro flag to be selected rather than it just happening to games by default?

We all know that just switching something on for every single game without any changes having been made to the code could cause issues which Sony have already stated they're not going to allow to happen. Maybe the developer selecting the Pro flag is a way around that? It will happen only when it's safe for it to happen to that game.

Again, this is nothing but guess work at the moment but it would at least account for what's happening if to was true...maybe.

There will shortly be a beta for version 4.5 of the PS4 firmware, historically .0 and .5 updates have been pretty significant so with a bit of luck this may even be something that we'll see shortly...maybe.

Top Bottom