• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is any of this made public, as far as how a game uses the PS4 Pro to improve the game, before a game releases and is analyzed?

I ask because I am debating selling my PS4 for a Pro (just got a 4k HDR TV)

Depends on the game. Some games are detailed heavily by devs before launch, others have both the Pro and base version shown, others we don't know until launch.

I've added games to the regular, VR, and Boost lists; details are in the OP. You'll notice that even during the summer lull, more games are getting released than I'm adding. A lot of this is because downloadable games only sometimes have official Pro support. But a lot of the reason is simply that I don't have material to work with for analysis.

I don't mean to repeat myself annoyingly, but the info in this thread is founded on input from people besides me. I'm willing and happy to examine screenshots and video to determine details, but without a Pro myself I must rely on these being generated by others. If you can supply shots or video, especially from the games listed in tables 3 and 4 of the OP, I'd be very grateful. (Material from other games not listed is fine too, of course!)

I appreciate all your help, and please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments. Thanks!

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
News? - http://www.hellblade.com/official-trailer-ps4-pro-support/

gKrkeP4.png

KageMaru

I've added games to the regular, VR, and Boost lists; details are in the OP. You'll notice that even during the summer lull, more games are getting released than I'm adding. A lot of this is because downloadable games only sometimes have official Pro support. But a lot of the reason is simply that I don't have material to work with for analysis.

I don't mean to repeat myself annoyingly, but the info in this thread is founded on input from people besides me. I'm willing and happy to examine screenshots and video to determine details, but without a Pro myself I must rely on these being generated by others. If you can supply shots or video, especially from the games listed in tables 3 and 4 of the OP, I'd be very grateful. (Material from other games not listed is fine too, of course!)

I appreciate all your help, and please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments. Thanks!

I really appreciate the work you've put into this thread, it's been a huge help. Also surprised you don't have a Pro yet.

Wish they would add HDR to BF1 like they said they would.

thelastword

Banned
Have we looked at lawbreakers? It doesn't seem to be 4k, but it's a nice looking game, it has a wee bit of jaggies/shimmering at times though...

Necro900

Any news on DQXI? Haven't even seen direct 4k screens for the game. The game should support PSPro in one way or another, but i guess hoping for native 4k would be too much

Neith

Banned
You're probably going to want to play in 1080p in high frame rate mode since it doesn't run well in 4K at all.

Show devs need to get it together. I am tired of the excuses. If they can't compete then sell your game at 40. The game runs and looks like garbage in too many places compared to the competition. I understand they are a smaller team but jesus....

the game looks like some kind of frankenstein right now and still runs horribly even on Pro.

which is faster to load, from the internal storage of the Pro or from a external USB drive

I can finally confirm that external drive loads games faster than internal stock 1tb harddrive. So I have a PS4 Pro with a custom 2tb Seagate 2.5" SATA drive in it. I removed it and converted it to an external drive. Best decision ever, i have every game including physical ones all stored inside the external drive. Games load so much more faster, and no I am not exaggerating!

Planet

which is faster to load, from the internal storage of the Pro or from a external USB drive
Internal is a little bit faster than external with the same drive, but external SSD is faster than internal HDD, faster external HDDs probably too.

@Prash: Digital Foundry made some tests that don't back up your observations, strange.

Internal is a little bit faster than external with the same drive, but external SSD is faster than internal HDD, faster external HDDs probably too.

@Prash: Digital Foundry made some tests that don't back up your observations, strange.

Are you sure? I took out my internal 2tb hdd and converted it to an external drive after i saw DF video. This can't be right man, also I feel games are loading faster. Am I wrong here?

Planet

DF used a faster external drive, with obvious results. And they compared the same SSD internal and external. Internal was faster there, I see no hint at your conclusions.

DF used a faster external drive, with obvious results. And they compared the same SSD internal and external. Internal was faster there, I see no hint at your conclusions.

Did you see the video? External was 10-15seconds faster. And that's what I am experiencing with regular external drive!

Planet

That's not how it works. SATA standard is not the limiting factor there.

Edit: erased some mistakes of mine. Still the peak theoretical values don't affect the actual drive speeds much.

That one's interesting, because when they tested the same SSD internally vs externally on a base PS4, they got varying results (sometimes internal was quicker, sometimes external, sometimes they were the same) depending on the game. That said, when the internal drive was faster it seemed to be faster by a bigger margin.

There doesn't really seem to be much of a difference in terms of internal vs external for the same drive though, at least on a regular PS4. There don't appear to have been good benchmarks done for that same situation on the Pro.

okay if I can redeem myself from my earlier blunder; Ghost Recon Wildlands looks pretty damn good!!! I've just been slowly walking through the country side, everything completely looks much more vibrant and crisp than on my 1080 display!
I've been wondering about that but about Wildlands still at 1080p and in Boost Mode.

I've been playing more Wildlands recently and it may be the game I end up pulling the trigger for a Pro because I feel like despite how clearly gorgeous the art assets are, the game on OG PS4 sure has a lot of tearing or... shimmering, I think is how to describe it. Aliasing and shimmering. It's so un-crisp compared to MGS V (and I don't mean frame rate), like distance textures shimmer a lot in Wildlands.

The OP lists "tearing" for Wildlands versus Pro mode (sans "tearing"). But the 'Boost Mode' list has nothing for it. I'd be grabbing a Pro mostly for the improved Share Mode (cuz the cost of a Pro minus OG PS4 resale is pretty close to a 1080p streaming box anyhow) and Boost Mode, so even if Wildlands was still at 1080p and even the same frame rate, I'd be just happy to see the tearing or shimmering improved.

I've been wondering about that but about Wildlands still at 1080p but in Boost Mode.

I've been playing more Wildlands recently and it may be the game I end up pulling the trigger for a Pro because I feel like despite how clearly gorgeous the art assets are, the game on OG PS4 sure has a lot of tearing or... shimmering, I think is how to describe it. Aliasing and shimmering. It's so un-crisp compared to MGS V (and I don't mean frame rate), like distance textures shimmer a lot in Wildlands.

The OP lists "tearing" for Wildlands versus Pro mode (sans "tearing"). But the 'Boost Mode' list has nothing for it. I'd be grabbing a Pro mostly for the improved Share Mode (cuz the cost of a Pro minus OG PS4 resale is pretty close to a 1080p streaming box anyhow) and Boost Mode, so even if Wildlands was still at 1080p and even the same frame rate, I'd be just happy to see the tearing or shimmering improved.

No Boost mode since the game is already Pro Enhanced.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've been wondering about that but about Wildlands still at 1080p and in Boost Mode.

Wildlands has a Pro mode so that's why Boost Mode benefits aren't listed. It runs at 1440p on the Pro. Boost mode is only for games that haven't had a Pro mode patched in.

Sorry, thanks for the labeling clarification.

So on a regular 1080p TV it's still all the same benefits listed (sans HDR), so for Wildlands it's the other benefits of Pro Enhanced (e.g. it lists stable 30 FPS and no "tearing") and then 1440p downsampled to 1080p (cuz it has no red X beside in on the list) :p Got it~

schrodinger_cat

Neo Member
Digital Foundry reporting, as of patch 1.05, Bethesda finally resolves the issues in PS4/Pro versions of Prey:
The latest patch 1.05 update released yesterday finally resolved the issues. Properly frame-paced 30fps action is back on the table, with the stuttering and tearing issues gone, bringing the PS4 version of Prey into line with the Xbox One version - which never exhibited any of these issues. We did a quick high-speed camera capture of the game in motion to check on controller latency, and while the measurement is not quite as precise as we would like, input lag is now in the region of 133ms - slightly high for a 30fps game but clearly a huge improvement overall compared to the launch code.

Top Bottom