• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I didn't hear them say if super sampling was enabled for the PS4 Pro version and 1080p TVs. Couldn't find the information with some basic googling. Anyone have a source with an answer?

John says that it directly downsamples from the Pro's resolution yes. Because even when using a 1080p TV checkerboard artifacts are still present, and its far cleaner than base PS4 which operates at 900p

Anyone here has played Elder scrolls online on the pro? How is it?
You have 2 options:

Native 4K: Same visual settings as the basic version, but at a native 4K resolution.
High Quality 1080p: Same resolution as basic PS4, but with better visual settings (reflections, draw distance, etc)

Both run at 30 FPS and are HDR compatible.

El_Chino

You have 2 options:

Native 4K: Same visual settings as the basic version, but at a native 4K resolution.
High Quality 1080p: Same resolution as basic PS4, but with better visual settings (reflections, draw distance, etc)

Does the 4k mode downsample?

Garwoofoo

Neo Member
ESO looks much better in the 1080p Enhanced mode anyway. The extra graphical features make a much bigger impact on the overall picture quality than the increase in resolution does.

Mithos

You have 2 options:

I've never seen an option to choose anything in ESO when playing on my PRO, what do I need, set the ps4 to 4k or actually have a 4k TV?

Somehow the game changed the game settings changed on me while I was playing to performance mode so the first screenshot is in performance, while the second one is in Graphics mode.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

4k using screenshot function:

hellblade_senuassacripos1b.png

hellblade_senuassacripzs29.png

1080p using capture card:

mygreatcapturescreens6uspk.png

mygreatcapturescreensueshw.png

Doombear

this sold the game for me!!

Me too! It was tentatively on my radar, but now it is on my must own list.

In other news, I need to see how 60hz mode in Hellblade looks tonight. Played up to Valravn with it off and was impressed with the resolution. Hearing it takes a bit of a hit to get 60fps in 60hz mode.

Kemal86

Does the 4k mode downsample?

It technically does, BUT...due to a bug and/or incompetence, the menu to select between 4K and 1080P enhanced will *only show up if your PS4 Pro is connected to a 4K TV*.

That's right - you can't even turn on 1080P Enhanced unless you have access to a 4K TV.

Oneself

Sine Mora Ex is 60fps/4K on the Pro.
I'll see later tonight if it looks like supersampling on a 1080p screen.

Yes, supersampling @1080p.

Sorry for the long gap in updates, but I've added nine new games to the list now. (I also fixed the ragged right for the update log dates, which was very satisfying.) There are a couple points of interest here. First, three of these games go from 30fps to 60fps on Pro (in at least one mode). This kind of performance jump is very rare in general (there were only 10 such non-VR games before), so that's quite unusual. I doubt it indicates a higher trend going forward--it seems more like a random spike--but it's notable nevertheless.

Second: this isn't exactly new news, but the tagging of games with Pro support by Sony is very haphazard. There actually is a "Pro Enhanced" logo used on the PlayStation Store. But it's been apparent for a long time that not only can you not search for it, but games that do have support are often missing the logo. In fact, I'm pretty sure more games with support are not tagged, than are properly marked. But now, we have a clear example of the opposite problem: a game that has a "Pro Enhanced" logo, but doesn't have any support.

There was a prior issue with Prey, but that was on a physical package. Since support did get added later, it could've been a misunderstanding or bad estimation of when support would be present, determined long before launch when printing had to happen. But this week, there's a digital release with the issue. Neptune Flux is on the store as "Pro enhanced". But the developer was on Reddit today, and he said there's no support. Considering it's a one-man game, he should know.

As always, thanks for the input, impressions, and links! Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

I've been trying to play Darksider 2 remaster on my Pro and within the first hour of playing it's crashed 7 times. 5 times to the OS and 2 times with a full system lockup requiring me to force the console to shutdown manually. Is anyone else habibg these issues with the remaster? I just finished playing Until Dawn and Tales of Berseria with no issues at all. Searching online shows there are lots of issues with the remaster on the Slim units but I don't see many issues being reported about the Pro. I'm wondering if something's wrong with my console or if it's the Remaster that's messed up.

I've been trying to play Darksider 2 remaster on my Pro and within the first hour of playing it's crashed 7 times. 5 times to the OS and 2 times with a full system lockup requiring me to force the console to shutdown manually. Is anyone else habibg these issues with the remaster? I just finished playing Until Dawn and Tales of Berseria with no issues at all. Searching online shows there are lots of issues with the remaster on the Slim units but I don't see many issues being reported about the Pro. I'm wondering if something's wrong with my console or if it's the Remaster that's messed up.

I believe that from old threads here and other places across the net that it is the remaster that's the problem and that some people don't even get past the start menu without crashing. I don't think your Pro is the issue here. A shit-show all round that is unlikely to be fixed.

I believe that from old threads here and other places across the net that it is the remaster that's the problem and that some people don't even get past the start menu without crashing. I don't think your Pro is the issue here. A shit-show all round that is unlikely to be fixed.

Well thanks for relieving me of my HW concerns. If it really is the SW that's the issue how on earth would such a buggy peice of SW pass certification and get approved for release on the shop? I mean I can't even run the game for 30 minutes without seeing a crash. It's nuts!

philm87

Overall the Mass Effect Andromeda graphics aren't quite as good as Horizon, but there's some moments where it's absolutely stunning, and the HDR is great. Worth giving the free trial a go and ignoring the critics reviews, I'm loving it and bought it after a few hours of the trial.

deadfolk

Overall the Mass Effect Andromeda graphics aren't quite as good as Horizon, but there's some moments where it's absolutely stunning, and the HDR is great. Worth giving the free trial a go and ignoring the critics reviews, I'm loving it and bought it after a few hours of the trial.

Agreed. I played the trial to completion at the weekend and bought it yesterday. Graphically, it's usually meh, but as you say, occasionally it does look amazing. The Krogans and Asari in particular and some skies look great.

Played the first 2 hours so far of Hellblade and liked it very much, but i have one very, very big advice for everyone who has a PS4 Pro.

DON'T, just don't play it on 60fps. It's a blurry fucking mess for some reason. Holy shit does the backgrounds turn bad when you switch. I think i'm not the first who mentions it, but i did not expect that kind of a difference. I expected no super sampling and more aliasing and not that the whole backgrounds looks like sub 720p, what the hell.

First picture is 30fps ss mode, second picture 60fps blurry mess.
(Like always, open the pictures in a separate tab or click on them to get the full quality)

TMlZMxK.png

Rsjkb4X.png

bCJMXJD.png

XlesI6D.png

c1XXxdh.png

l2pbr6R.png

wynams

Neo Member
How bad is Skyrim really? People seem to be saying it runs like dogshit but all I'm seeing is "occasional 2-3 fps drops" which seems far from dogshit, to me.

I don't possess frame counting technology on the couch, but I would guess the fight in the spoiler tag dipped into the single digits on a PS4 Pro/4k tv. Overall though it really playable. The dips are mostly limited to large fights involving casters. Sure is purty tho

Spoiler:
The first "wave" of the Arch-Curate Vyrthur boss fight, when he is on his throne. Turns out the throng of frozen that come alive has way more polygons than the pro's GPU prefers

A prefer framerate option would have been nice, but honestly my biggest gripe is the inability to turn off Dawnguard DLC (sans mods).

Lame. So are all advantages a game by game implementation? Say on Pro a game has improved textures and 4K res on Pro. On a 1080p display perhaps don't get down-sampling, but then do you still get the improved textures? Or is that simply game by game as well? Or do you have some (Pro enhanced) games that unless you are on 4K take zero advantage of Pro, not even fps bump?

Take Battlefiled 1 for example. It lists better terrain, textures, effects, particles and dynamic 1660p res. On a 1080p display does it keep everything except the 1660p res or does it just throw you down to PS4 1080p and strip improved textures etc...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Lame. So are all advantages a game by game implementation? Say on Pro a game has improved textures and 4K res on Pro. On a 1080p display perhaps don't get down-sampling, but then do you still get the improved textures? Or is that simply game by game as well? Or do you have some (Pro enhanced) games that unless you are on 4K take zero advantage of Pro, not even fps bump?

Take Battlefiled 1 for example. It lists better terrain, textures, effects, particles and dynamic 1660p res. On a 1080p display does it keep everything except the 1660p res or does it just throw you down to PS4 1080p and strip improved textures etc...

everything is a by game, by dev basis. Nothing can be system wide preprogrammed

Vashetti

Banned

Battlefield 1 has downsampling, so the game is still running internally at dynamic 1660p on a 1080p display with all the improved graphical and framerate boosts.

All of this is mentioned in the guide in OP.

Top Bottom