• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I crazy or does the Xbox one have the worst menu layout ever?

ss_lemonade

10 seconds input lag? I call BS on that. If you're going to claim something as stupid as this, please show everyone on Gaf a video of this. My console is a day 1 edition and never have I ever seen a 10 second input lag, not even 5 seconds.

Hard to believe but it does happen to some. This was my Xbox a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnvjwigF_Jc

To be fair, things have definitely improved for me after a couple of updates and a hard reset or 2. I do still feel an overall sluggish feel to the menu though that has never gone away, whether it be in the Store or outside

Hard to believe but it does happen to some. This was my Xbox a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnvjwigF_Jc

To be fair, things have definitely improved for me after a couple of updates and a hard reset or 2. I do still feel an overall sluggish feel to the menu though that has never gone away, whether it be in the Store or outside
It's probably your DNS. Change your DNS. Try Google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4). If that helps, you can likely even do better.

newsguy

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread. Last night for GoT we fired up the projector and put on the Xbox one s. I hadn't played it in some time and enjoyed having to re-sign in because anytime an app updates I have to do the whole process again. In waiting I tried to play something on amazon video and it was another find/re-sign in process. Moving to a game requires me to flip thru pages and search for it. Unfortunately he one S is the console with amazon actually in 4k, so I can't just fire it up on my PS4 pro (which has a much more simple and easy menu to navigate through). But yeah, last night reminded me of why the Xbox has the absolute worst menu set up.

ss_lemonade

It's probably your DNS. Change your DNS. Try Google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4). If that helps, you can likely even do better.

As far as I remember, I tested this both with my ISP's DNS and with google's DNS. I think I also tried OpenDNS at one point. I also tried disconnecting from the internet (no access to the store, but the UI outside was still sluggish) and it made no difference.

oo7

Xbox One UI - too much customization and activity.

PS4 UI - too minimalistic and less customization.

Honestly have no problem with either. Wish Xbox had folders, and PS had pins.

Can't say that I get the annoyance with Xboxs UI. Spend more than a day with it and you should be able to navigate easily. Watch some videos if you're that confused/disgusted.

Top Bottom