• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.ca: THESE are real Wii U boxes

ZDJBU.gif

Boss Man

That's a good style. Minimalist, but without standout piss yellow.

It makes me sad that this post will go unnoticed.
That what will go unnoticed? That a different context that makes you feel nicer? The OP used this context because there are other alleged designs, and THESE are another possibility.

If this becomes the actual style, I bet you defend it anyway.

Ryoku

Here is my shitty 2-minute edit for a white border instead of yellow

it sucks

edit: i suck too

The damn JPEG compression makes it hard to select the entire yellow without having to select every single small bit separately. I tried it already, but gave up, lol.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
The more horrifying fact is that these are aspected to DVD-sized cases instead of Blu-ray sizes, enjoy another gen of outdated shit on your shelf!!!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That what will go unnoticed? That a different context that makes you feel nicer? The OP used this context because there are other alleged designs, and THESE are another possibility.

If this becomes the actual style, I bet you defend it anyway.

Oh my, are you serious?

ohlawd

Just will lend more weight to the Wii U being seen as a last-gen product, I'm sure 360 will abandon the floppy DVD cases in favor of smaller-profile cases with their next system too.

Yeah, so why sell them in old cases?

What am I reading? Even the cases now.... lol

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Just will lend more weight to the Wii U being seen as a last-gen product, I'm sure 360 will abandon the floppy DVD cases in favor of smaller-profile cases with their next system too.

you gave an explanation as to why you believe your assertion to make sense, but it doesn't.

clem84

Gold Member
I think they look great. Yes, even with the yellow. It stands out. It doesn't look like any other boxart we've seen before.

Drago

I don't think the general public gives two shits about the type of box it is

I would definitely prefer the blu ray boxes, though. Those boxes are already blue! Perfect.

Some people just can't be pleased. Wow. Nitpicking at it's finest

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My word that yellow is gross.

Well Nintendo can know hire Wiz Khalifa to do a new remix of his Black & Yellow song

Baby Blue + Yellow!... Nintendo going after the urban crowd!... untapped market has been waiting since Def Jam Rapstar/ICON... =/

Meelow

Banned
I love them, who cares if the line is yellow and not white, I think it looks great and it's completely different from Wii and is a reference from GameCube.

P.S I would be curious to see the line in black, can someone please put a picture of that?.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
lobdale, you're critiquing box size, no one cares but you.

Whatever man, Wii has an image problem to shake. They're already gonna be seen as the "lower price lesser quality" product by the "bro" audience, using the same old floppy Wii cases in a world that's moved to thicker, more premium media cases in the Blu-ray format isn't gonna help. At least the game looks like it'll be 59.99 instead of 49.99.

I'm not as passionate about this all as you seem to think I am, just pointing out what I guarantee will not be an observation that only I make.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They look like complete ripoffs of the bluray box-art. Color me laughing, is this now the bulk of Nintendo's creative juices?

Top Bottom