• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon is offering up $23 in android app store credit for free today.

Squall516

I did everything up to #5 and i didnt have 2301 coins i had like 2200 something? and i didnt buy anything other than san andreas and followed the directions exactly. Then i went and bough Plex for .99 and i got no coins back? wth?? i wouldnt have gotten it other wise. Did i need to do something else or do something wrong? please help me out. Thanks

randomkid

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201357540

"Coins that you can earn on apps and in-app items are available on a limited time basis. Earned Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month, one year after you earn them. For example, Coins you earn on May 15th expire on May 31st of the following year. "

Good deal! Just set up a little google calendar reminder for myself, and now I'll find some way to follow Amazon android app deals for maximum cheapness.

aznpxdd

Yep, this shit kicks ass, got so many games for free. Did the 9 photography app (900 coins) and again yesterday 1000 coins plus 2000 from GTA:SA means I got all the below for free.

GTA: SA
GTA: VC
Out There
Impossible Run
Monument Valley
Sonic 2
Bejeweled 2
Riptide GP2
Minecraft
Terraria
Scribblenauts
Bloons TD 5

Booyah!

Also quick question, Amazon appstore says GTA:SA isn't compatible with my Nexus 5, is there anywhere to somehow skip the restriction and install it anyways? Because it obviously does run on the Nex 5.

If anyone wants an extra $3.00, some folks might want to try this:

1) Rent this free movie for $1 MP3 credit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICH5OPO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2) Buy this MP3 album for 99 cents, and you'll get a $3 app credit:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CC9JWM4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Can be done anywhere along in the process, but if you do it before buying GTA:SA you'll be converting the "App Store Promotional Credit" into coins. I am not really sure which one is more valuable but the choice is yours!

#1 brings me to The Amazing Race Season 24 preview.

lucius

Any solid rpgs or strategy games worth picking up, specifically to be played on a phone?

Thanks!

The Bards Tale is good if you have not played it, you can do touch controls also, it's big if you want the HD files though you can download the smaller ones when it starts.

Kolma

Yep, this shit kicks ass, got so many games for free. Did the 9 photography app (900 coins) and again yesterday 1000 coins plus 2000 from GTA:SA means I got all the below for free.

GTA: SA
GTA: VC
Out There
Impossible Run
Monument Valley
Sonic 2
Bejeweled 2
Riptide GP2
Minecraft
Terraria
Scribblenauts
Bloons TD 5

Booyah!

Also quick question, Amazon appstore says GTA:SA isn't compatible with my Nexus 5, is there anywhere to somehow skip the restriction and install it anyways? Because it obviously does run on the Nex 5.

It's the Kindle Fire HD edition
Can't play it on anything but

I did everything up to #5 and i didnt have 2301 coins i had like 2200 something? and i didnt buy anything other than san andreas and followed the directions exactly. Then i went and bough Plex for .99 and i got no coins back? wth?? i wouldnt have gotten it other wise. Did i need to do something else or do something wrong? please help me out. Thanks

You had your billing address set to an area that charges sales tax and got taxed coins on your 699.

No tax = 2301 coins.

As for plex, the 250 bonus takes longer than the purchase coin-back offers.

Squall516

You had your billing address set to an area that charges sales tax and got taxed coins on your 699.

No tax = 2301 coins.

As for plex, the 250 bonus takes longer than the purchase coin-back offers.

ahhh ok thanks. well wish i had known about changing the address so not getting taxed :/ and so what your saying is that the 250 bonus isnt right away? but ill still get it eventually? Thanks for the respond tho :)

Bossofman

Neo Member
On the App Store homepage, they have a 1000 coin bonus for 'Buying' 5 free apps, the Food Network and a bunch other ones.

iosefe

There is a section on the in-app storefront. Get coins+250 on first purchase. on the list are a couple 0.99 items, can anyone confirm? does it mean first purchase of that app, or first purchase of an app from that section?

AzVal

hopefully I can purchase Duels of the Planeswalker 2015 with this "Itchy and Scratchy Money" will it expire (and hopefully it runs in a OG kindle fire)

Tesseract

Banned
So... I could take the $50 amazon gift card I got for Christmas and order a $50 gamestop card and get $10 for the app store and then go to gamestop and get a $50 amazon card? Do they mail you the cards or just send you a code? Do you only get the ten bucks credit one time?

yo ...

dawg

iosefe

that set IN the app is a ruse, it was mentioned earlier that it'is the first purchased. now i'm a net low. 158 away from FFIV instead of like....108

I love you OP, thanks for the heads up on this. Now I've got 2400 coins to play with. Wonder if Kamaitachi no Yoru (Banshee's Last Cry) is out on Android yet.

Edit: It's not, and no ETA :(. Damn it Aksys.

eggwolio

Tried it on Pinball Arcade and gave me the option to use coins for IAP as well. Pretty cool tip!

So here's a question: when you buy the tables from pinball arcade, are they linked to your Amazon account or your farsight account? I got some tables from them for free awhile back and once I login, the tables are there, whether I download the app from amazon or the play store.

So, if that is in fact the case, I could do this trick three times on different accounts and have every table. And I would.

Would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling from the play store to see if your tables remain?

EDIT: I just got the star trek pro table with coins and switched to the play store version. No dice.

Trouble

Banned
So... I could take the $50 amazon gift card I got for Christmas and order a $50 gamestop card and get $10 for the app store and then go to gamestop and get a $50 amazon card? Do they mail you the cards or just send you a code? Do you only get the ten bucks credit one time?

Heh, that's a lot of work. I think I'm going to order a $25 starbucks card and transfer the balance over to my gold card. I'll spend it eventually.

iosefe

so, are we expecting this again within the week? i really want FFIV but i also want to support a gaffer and get Cook, Server, Delicious.

Nander

Thanks for the heads-up on the coins, it worked perfectly!

However, I have another fairly unique issue. I'm using a Jolla, which is not an Android phone but runs an "Android compatibility layer". I don't have any problems downloading and using apps from the Play Store, but for some reason the Amazon app store tells me that most of the apps/games are incompatible with my phone. And that includes games I know for sure work on my phone, such as GTA:Vice City, and for some reason I can download Rayman: Jungle Run, but not Fiesta Run.

Any way to circumvent this and download the apps and games anyway?

Prototype

So i picked up Sonic 2 (so cool you can play Tails or Knuckles as well!),
Monument Valley,
Polyhedron Runner
Inferno+
As we well as a few non gaming apps like Moon Phase Pro and FireFrame.

I still have 1900+ coins left and am on the fence about Terraria, I hear it's a parsed down version of the PC version and the console versions? Is it worth getting on Android?

Other then that I have no idea what to spend the coins on lol. really wish After Years was on there, I'd even get FF3 but now it's only showing up from my PC and not on my phone (GalaxyS5) from the amazon app store.

Well, since Banshee's Last Cry still isn't on android, I'm at a loss for what to spent these coins on. I now have 2400 plus $3 credit.

Are there any other visual novels worth getting on android? Bonus points if they're at all like 999 or VLR.

I'm really not interested in playing ports of games that were originally on controller or keyboard/mouse interfaces besides visual novels. I don't mean any offense with this. I just absolutely despise touchscreen controls. Visual novels are pretty much the only type of game I can tolerate on this type of interface.

Edit: Finally found something I wanted. The Room and The Room 2. I have enough for both...

But Amazon doesn't seem to have the versions compatible with the Galaxy S4. I can only find the kindle tablet edition.

_Ryo_

Are you sure it didn't work? The promo credit didn't now up anywhere for me, but I did get an email about it, which was used once I bought Rayman Jungle Run. Had to check the order details to make sure the credit was applied.

I'll check it out, on the same game too. Always wanted to try it. :)

Edit: yep, still didnt work. I purchased the free preview, got the $1 Mp3 credit and bought the album but did not get an email or any app credit.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Well, since Banshee's Last Cry still isn't on android, I'm at a loss for what to spent these coins on. I now have 2400 plus $3 credit.

Are there any other visual novels worth getting on android? Bonus points if they're at all like 999 or VLR.

I'm really not interested in playing ports of games that were originally on controller or keyboard/mouse interfaces besides visual novels. I don't mean any offense with this. I just absolutely despise touchscreen controls. Visual novels are pretty much the only type of game I can tolerate on this type of interface.

Edit: Finally found something I wanted. The Room and The Room 2. I have enough for both...

But Amazon doesn't seem to have the versions compatible with the Galaxy S4. I can only find the kindle tablet edition.
Its not Japanese, but I'd take a look at The Last Express if I were you. Adventure game with a perfect tablet interface, set on the Orient Express, brilliant characters and story.

Its not Japanese, but I'd take a look at The Last Express if I were you. Adventure game with a perfect tablet interface, set on the Orient Express, brilliant characters and story.

What about a phone?

I love Visual Novels and I wouldn't mind playing this on my Nexus 5 (I bought a Kindle Fire HD for my mom, but it has my account on it so i'm sure I can play on it whenever I see her, but I'd rather it on my phone)

Does it work on a device?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What about a phone?

I love Visual Novels and I wouldn't mind playing this on my Nexus 5 (I bought a Kindle Fire HD for my mom, but it has my account on it so i'm sure I can play on it whenever I see her, but I'd rather it on my phone)

Does it work on a device?
The best part is that it runs portrait because the original game window fit the tall and skinny view of being on a train. Pretty sure it works on phones too.

The best part about it is that this really good story is running in real time. Very innovative for an adventure game in 97.

I'll check it out, on the same game too. Always wanted to try it. :)

Edit: yep, still didnt work. I purchased the free preview, got the $1 Mp3 credit and bought the album but did not get an email or any app credit.

So they took it out of your coins? Wow, that sucks. Like I said, I never got an e-mail or other confirmation either, and it never showed that a promotion would be applied before ordering. This is only way I know it worked after the order was placed:

p4HoabA.png

I guess all this has taught me that Amazon is a weird clusterfuck of value.

_Ryo_

So they took it out of your coins? Wow, that sucks. Like I said, I never got an e-mail or other confirmation either, and it never showed that a promotion would be applied before ordering. This is only way I know it worked after the order was placed:

p4HoabA.png

I guess all this has taught me that Amazon is a weird clusterfuck of value.

Well. I checked my app credit from the store within the browser and it didn't say I had 3$ added in app credit. Being as I have 0.00$ on my account, as before and after. xD. I then used app credits to buy rayman junglerun, and yes it took them.

Did you have to purchase the vid from amazon video app or from browser? I did the latter.

Well. I checked my app credit from the store within the browser and it didn't say I had 3$ added in app credit. Being as I have 0.00$ on my account, as before and after. xD. I then used app credits to buy rayman junglerun, and yes it took them.

Did you have to purchase the vid from amazon video app or from browser? I did the latter.

I did it all through my browser as well.

Top Bottom