• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon is offering up $23 in android app store credit for free today.

1) Sign into your Amazon.com account.

2) "Buy" the following apps. All are free and reward 200 "amazon coins".

Food Network

iHeartRadio

Strawberry Shortcake

Don't Step the White Tile

Dr. Panda's Restaurant

3) At this point you should have an Amazon coin balance of 1000 (already a $10 value).

4) Buy San Andreas for 699 coins. This rewards 2000 coins.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

5) At this point you now have 1000 - 699 + 2000 = 2301 points. This is equal to $23.01 on the Amazon android app store.

Bonus) Plex is on sale for $0.99 with a 30 coin return. It is also part of a list of apps that earn a bonus of 250 coins for your first purchased. That means if you are doing this for the first time,

Plex

2301 - 99 + 30 + 250 = 2482.

If you need to check your coin balance you can visit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/zeroes/gift/redeem?

Some suggestions on where to spend those free coins:

Monument Valley - Awesome puzzle game just released for Android. 399 coins.

screenshot4.jpg

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Shockingly well done port of the all time classic. 299 coins (with 150 coins returned back upon purchase).

Minecraft Pocket Edition - It's Minecraft. In your pocket. A reasonably well done port of the desktop juggernaut. A few more patches and it'll be very close to the real deal. 699 coins (with 350 coins returned back upon purchase).

Terraria - Great port. Great game. 499 coins.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - This version isn't locked to the Kindle tablets like the original, or San Andreas (which you already own and can't use unless you have a Kindle). This version had the best music and best setting in any GTA to date. Must have. 499 coins.

Jet Set Radio - Long live the dreamcast. 499 coins.

Crazy Taxi - Long live the dreamcast, pizza hut, and The Offspring. 499 coins.

And finally, the 2 games you -MUST- get because they're my favorite android games:

Rayman Jungle Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hQ7D6VS0I

Rayman Fiesta Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS-21PTmKPU

299 coins each. A steal. They are gorgeous and challenging. Get them.

Well, hope that helped some folks get in on some sweet sweet android gaming. The platform is starting to mature as some reasonably good games keep coming out. Still not what I would call an "ideal" gaming platform, but it's certainly has its high points.

Helpful hints from GAFers:

PSA: After you do all this you can delete the crap apps you'll never use from your account at the Amazon full desktop site.

You need an android phone to purchase? Is it possible to just buy on PC?
I did all mine on the pc.

It's less of a headache too. When you use the app, you have to actually initiate the download for it to count.. Whereas, on PC all you have to do is one click.
-- NOTE: This works as long as you have an android device linked to your account. Just download the Amazon app store on one of your android devices and sign-in. After that you can proceed to make all of your purchases on the PC.

Super secret pro-tip: http://www.bluestacks.com/ counts as an android device if you really don't have an android device handy but want to take advantage.

Super-duper secret pro-tip:

If anyone wants an extra $3.00, some folks might want to try this:

1) Rent this free movie for $1 MP3 credit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICH5OPO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2) Buy this MP3 album for 99 cents, and you'll get a $3 app credit:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CC9JWM4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Can be done anywhere along in the process, but if you do it before buying GTA:SA you'll be converting the "App Store Promotional Credit" into coins. I am not really sure which one is more valuable but the choice is yours!

pro-tip-hotline.jpg

vg260

Thanks for the heads-up on the free apps. Already got GTA last week, so I'll settle for the $10 in coins. Two more Pinball Arcade table packs!

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Amazon is just giving out coins left and right these days.

9ZyIMy4.png

I'm still waiting for X-Com to hit the Amazon App store...

KissVibes

Banned
If you wanna try getting this converted to regular ass amazon credit:

- CALL OR LIVE CHAT Amazon Support
- Tell them you're a loyal customer and list an item you want to buy, like, the Kindle Fire HD
- Ask extremely politely to have you Coins, MP3, Kindle, Digital Game, Ect... credit available for regular purchases
- Use credit given on thousands of Amazon items
- If they say no, thank them for their time. Maybe they'll have a change of heart, maybe they wont.

DON'T BE A FUCKING DICK ABOUT IT.

This didn't work for me, it may work for you. I'll probably wait a few months and try again.

Shallwhat

Banned
Thanks man! Looks like I had 500 coins or so already in my account so no I have 3,000 coins which I guess is $30 in app credit? Works for me!

Schrade

- Tell them you're a loyal customer and list an item you want to buy, like, the Kindle Fire HD
- Ask extremely politely to have you Coins, MP3, Kindle, Digital Game, Ect... credit available for regular purchases
- If they say no, thank them for their time. Maybe they'll have a change of heart, maybe they wont.

This didn't work for me, it may work for you. I'll probably wait a few months and try again.

I really think people shouldn't abuse this. Be happy that you're able to get free "money" to purchase apps and games and be happy with it. I'd hate to see this get messed up because of the people who want to abuse the system.

Spinluck

I really think people shouldn't abuse this. Be happy that you're able to get free "money" to purchase apps and games and be happy with it. I'd hate to see this get messed up because of the people who want to abuse the system.

How is that abuse when it could lead to bigger purchases?

KissVibes

Banned

I don't think it's abuse to ask. Especially when it would, for many, lead to bigger purchases. For example, if I had gotten the coins I have converted over, I was going to buy a PlayStation Vita for my Girlfriend's birthday.

They're obviously making quite a bit of money here.

Abuse would be, buying GTA:SA over and over to get hundreds of dollars in coins, and then using those to buy like an Xbox One or some shit.

Oh, and something that I found out that's pretty cool most (all?) apps on the Amazon Android App Store that feature In-app purchase can be purchased with Amazon coins.

This means you can apply your coins towards things like Dungeon Hunter 4 unlocks (I know, boo-urns Gameloft), Walking Dead Season 1 & 2 episodes (but I think their version is limited to Kindle / Fire TV), and other random IAP wackiness like Candy Crush.

Glad some folks are taking advantage of this. Two things you don't pass up in life; free beer and free games!

Ezalc

Hm, I really hope this works.

Don't see how this is abuse since you are going to spend the money regardless, this just gives you more choice in the matter.

Maybesew

Wow, couldnt believe this was another thread. This is awesome, i now have 3200 coins. I got a fireTV just to use plex with it, but all this credit makes me consider getting the controller. Anyone know if the fire tv and work with the dualshock 4?

What am I doing wrong? I hit the "Get now with 1-click" option for each app, but I have 0 app credit.

It doesn't show up as an actual promotional credit. If you have clicked all 5 and "bought" them, click on the San Andreas link provided. You should see your coin balance showing 1000.

Wow, couldnt believe this was another thread. This is awesome, i now have 3200 coins. I got a fireTV just to use plex with it, but all this credit makes me consider getting the controller. Anyone know if the fire tv and work with the dualshock 4?

Yes, but not very well. I'd recommend the Amazon controller, or the Nyko Playpad Pro at half it's price: http://www.amazon.com/Playpad-Android-Bluetooth-PC-Mac-Linux/dp/B0092ZEINO/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1400778637&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=nyko+pro

You get $10 store credit and Sev Zero with the amazon controller, and it's probably better than the Nyko, but if you don't want/need the credit or Sev Zero the Nyko's the better deal.

By the way, from first hand experience, I can tell you the Xbox 360 wired controller works like a boss on Fire TV.

JesseZao

I don't think it's abuse to ask. Especially when it would, for many, lead to bigger purchases. For example, if I had gotten the coins I have converted over, I was going to buy a PlayStation Vita for my Girlfriend's birthday.

They're obviously making quite a bit of money here.

Abuse would be, buying GTA:SA over and over to get hundreds of dollars in coins, and then using those to buy like an Xbox One or some shit.

You can't buy an app over and over again. Once purchased, it's unlocked to your account. Also, you can't pool a bunch of account credit together if you make multiple accounts.

Amazon isn't run by imbeciles.

Its not like a phone or anything but for people who did this last week, would they have to use a different account to repurchase GTASA or should they feel content with just 1000 coins?

Exuro

I wish vice city didn't run so bad on my s3. Hopefully the Nexus 8 comes out soon and I can play it on that.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

Free coins don't expire for a full year. I'd just wait a bit to go to customer service; at least after the promotion is over and they're not swamped with deal hunters doing the same thing.

Its not like a phone or anything but for people who did this last week, would they have to use a different account to repurchase GTASA or should they feel content with just 1000 coins?

If you already purchased GTASA, this thread means 1000 free coins for you. You can't take advantage of that part of the deal twice.

That being said, if you did use a different account that hasn't purchased GTASA , you could get these coins for that account. I don't know what Amazon's policy is on having multiple accounts.

What about the wireless one with the dongle for pc?

Xbox 360 wireless gamepad works if you use the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows but I haven't personally tested it so I can't say for sure if it works as well as wired.

Marcel

I've considered what you said but I think I'll take the actual Amazon money.

JesseZao

Free coins don't expire for a full year. I'd just wait a bit to go to customer service; at least after the promotion is over and they're not swamped with deal hunters doing the same thing.

For what reason would they ever offer cash money for promotional credits? You can't just walk into a store and ask for cash in exchange for coupons/vouchers.

Bulzeeb

so it worked, nice

Now to see if there is something that I want to buy

Edit: that Plex looks interesting, will the streaming works with the wii U web browser?

AlexMogil

Fire TV Owners: San Andreas, Terraria, Sonic 2, Vice City, and Minecraft Pocket all work on your device. So does Sonic CD.

The games are very playable with a the wireless controller.

Additionally if you don't own Plex already you shouldn't have a Fire TV.

Marche90

Can't get to show me my coin balance in the Amazon web page, plus whatever page I click, it only says "Get this App. Download the Amazon Store", can't buy anything in the webpage (but can buy with coins, since I already purchased Sonic 2).

What am I doing wrong?

rjinaz

For what reason would they ever offer cash money for promotional credits? You can't just walk into a store and ask for cash in exchange for coupons/vouchers.

They wouldn't. The Poster were referring to getting Amazon credit in place of these coin credits which is different.

Did this deal last week, But I'll gladly take the $10 more worth of free coins. Thanks OP!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
A number of people got them to do it last week. It doesn't make sense, and no one should be annoyed if they get turned down. I'm just passing along my thoughts; I'm keeping the coins.

Top Bottom