• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon is offering up $23 in android app store credit for free today.

I managed to get some coins but have no idea how to spend them....

You read the OP. You hit the button.

doit_zps33997fc7.jpg

If you wanna try getting this converted to regular ass amazon credit:

- CALL OR LIVE CHAT Amazon Support
- Tell them you're a loyal customer and list an item you want to buy, like, the Kindle Fire HD
- Ask extremely politely to have you Coins, MP3, Kindle, Digital Game, Ect... credit available for regular purchases
- Use credit given on thousands of Amazon items
- If they say no, thank them for their time. Maybe they'll have a change of heart, maybe they wont.

DON'T BE A FUCKING DICK ABOUT IT.

This didn't work for me, it may work for you. I'll probably wait a few months and try again.

This is a quick way to get your Amazon account some black marks and fast track it to get it banned.

Coins have a very explicit use and trying to abuse it in this way is insane.

Mesoian

Got'em.

Still don't know what else to spend them on.

I bought Cerberus, which is a thing I kind of needed. So good.

I was hoping I could get Last.FM deluxe through this, but no such luck.

Marcel

This is a quick way to get your Amazon account some black marks and fast track it to get it banned.

Um, what? Amazon has refunded my purchases/given me credit for complaints all the time. It's really not a big deal to call in once and try.

zewone

After buying GTA, I was only left with 800 coins, I'm not sure what happened to the 2000, but free is free.

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh wait, after posting it looks like the other 2000 showed up so I'm at 2,800.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking. Not to mention a big company like Amazon almost certainly gets asked about that stuff from customers who don't fully understand what coins are for and how they're used, with or without this promotion.

Interfectum

I did all mine on the pc.

It's less of a headache too. When you use the app, you have to actually initiate the download for it to count.. Whereas, on PC all you have to do is one click.

It won't let me buy on PC. It takes me to a set of instructions on how to do it on Android.

vg260

If you wanna try getting this converted to regular ass amazon credit:

Don't be a jerk and do this. It's already a good credit promo you're getting for nothing. If you have abided by the rules, you've already gotten $30+ in app credit plus some free apps. Use it as intended and trying to game the system is only going to help kill offers like this.

Gogo_ZvC

Just tried as a Canadian, then read this:

Limited to U.S. The Program is currently only available to customers located in the United States. You may not purchase, receive, or redeem Coins if you are outside the United States. "United States" refers to the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Makes sense, but I'm still sad about it :(

splattered

This is awesome, thanks!

So I'm guessing last weeks offers no longer work? Or can I revisit that thread and get the 1000 coins?

Anyone have a link to the previous week version?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Same, was just going to say this. I don't think it's possible to buy on PC.
I think you need to have an Android device linked to your account. I don't have my phone linked, but I have a Fire TV and I can purchase apps from my PC.

Ha, I should had done this instead of getting Final Fantasy IV. :p

Ugh, not appearing for me. Must be a US only ".com" thing, my Canadian geo location is probably making it change.

If you have this problem either disable 1-click settings or delete the credit card associated with the account. It should appear. I'm in South America so it does work.

npa189

Worked for me! Thanks. I really don't even know what to get with the coins, I've played most of these on their respective platforms, or when I still had iOS devices. I wish San Andreas would work on my LG tablet.

Marche90

Just tried as a Canadian, then read this:

Makes sense, but I'm still sad about it :(

You can do it, but need to make an account based in the US.

While I can't buy shit in the webpage (I just switched my MX address and put a US forwarding service address, which works with the App, but not the webpage seemingly) I can in the Appstore. Just bought Sonic 2. Wanted FFIV, but ah well...

vg260

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking. Not to mention a big company like Amazon almost certainly gets asked about that stuff from customers who don't fully understand what coins are for and how they're used, with or without this promotion.

But you do and you understand. So you shouldn't do it. Big company or not it's trying to take advantage of the good will of certain reps, who are likely to get reprimanded for this, Enough people do this, and the trend will get noticed.

Interfectum

I think you need to have an Android device linked to your account. I don't have my phone linked, but I have a Fire TV and I can purchase apps from my PC.

Bah, I'm getting a FireTV as soon as they add HBO Go (replacing Roku). Wanted to get some Amazon points to spend later. :/

Marche90

You have to link a phone to your account first, so yeah, you need to have a phone or smart device. Then after, you can purchase on the PC.

How do you do this? Just download the app on your phone or do you need to do something else?

Since the option isn't showing up for me :(

Marcel

Don't be a jerk and do this. It's already a good credit promo you're getting for nothing. If you have abided by the rules, you've already gotten $30+ in app credit plus some free apps. Use it as intended and trying to game the system is only going to help kill offers like this.

Or you can try once and possibly get $20. There's really no actual harm and I seriously doubt you can prove to me that this is going to actually do anything negative to anyone, let alone the multi-billion dollar corporation Amazon.

How do you do this? Just download the app on your phone or do you need to do something else?

Since the option isn't showing up for me :(

Just download the app and sign-in on any android device.

Bah, I'm getting a FireTV as soon as they add HBO Go (replacing Roku). Wanted to get some Amazon points to spend later. :/

http://www.bluestacks.com is the answer you are looking for.

Obviously phone/smart device is going to be easier. Just download the app. If you don't have one handy, just load up bluestacks, install the amazon app, and sign-in.

_hekk05

Banned
Just did the entire thing, bought 2 raymans and plex and minecraft. 1535 coins left, recommend me stuff.

For those not in the US, just use Hola unblocker and you'll be able to do this anywhere.

Just did the entire thing, bought 2 raymans and plex and minecraft. 1535 coins left, recommend me stuff.

For those not in the US, just use Hola unblocker and you'll be able to do this anywhere.

Final Fantasy IV if it interest you. So you don't have to pay 15.99 usd lol

mackattk

Clicked everything in the op and ordered them, only have 400 coins, what gives?

It takes a minute or two for all the coins to show up. give it some time.

Already have. Hell, I've already purchased an app with the coins and it went without a hitch:

But...

Try going here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps/yourdevices/ref=mas_ya_dv

See if you have any devices, if not, on the left sidebar, look for the "add a device" panel and put in your phone number or email. See if that helps.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
So, I got GTA:SA last week... the Amazon page for it doesn't seem to recognize this though, it offers me the choice of buying it for 6.99 or using my 699 coins. Is it a trap to try and get me to blow coins on it even though I already got it and the coins from it last week, or will it actually go through?

Already have. Hell, I've already purchased an app with the coins and it went without a hitch:

But...

I would do 1 of 3 things:

1) Sign out of both Amazon.com and your Amazon App Store, then back into both.

2) Load/sign into the Amazon App Store on another device.

3) Use bluestacks to try and sign into the Amazon App Store.

ZetaEpyon

Awesome, worked flawlessly and took like two minutes.

I already had Plex from Amazon, so I can't get that bonus, but still great!

Top Bottom