• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon is offering up $23 in android app store credit for free today.

KissVibes

Banned
For what reason would they ever offer cash money for promotional credits? You can't just walk into a store and ask for cash in exchange for coupons/vouchers.

Amazon does this all the time.

This is a quick way to get your Amazon account some black marks and fast track it to get it banned.

Coins have a very explicit use and trying to abuse it in this way is insane.

Weird because I've been doing this for years. Then again, 80% of all my yearly purchases are on Amazon so they probably like me enough to convert coins or whatever to universal credit once or twice a year. Especially when it's still spent within their ecosystem.

Look, you guys can do what you want. I was passing on proven methods that may have lead to you having $23 in Amazon credit from coins. I am never not nice to the customer support people I speak to, and it works out for me. If you have an issue with it morally, I'm sorry we disagree.

For those that are of the same mindeset as me: Good luck, God bless, and PM me if you have follow up questions.

lucius

Thanks OP, we just got Amzon FireTV I see GTA:SA is compatible with FireTV anyone try it with controller, I am guessing the TV remote does not support control lol.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I'll find out but I think it's 250 coins per app, so buying multiple gives you more.

Edit: yea bummer, my bad. Can you get app refunds or no? Just curious.

Contact one of the Amazon representatives, and they'll cancel the order and will issue the refund instantly.

Marcel

Careful, make sure the game server updates with your purchase. I think I may have lost my IAP from BF because I didn't save lol.

Ah, OK. For BF apparently, it's different versions of the Gems when you purchase them. Interesting.

Good to know. Thankfully a table in Pinball Arcade just downloads to your phone and you simply own it so no big deal. I recently got a new phone so this a good and painless way of experiencing some of those freemium-type mobile games.

Great deal, thanks OP! Did it from my pc, much easier.

Apparently San Andreas isn't compatible with my Note2, though Vice City works fine. Oh well, still tons of free credit.

methane47

i have the option to buy with coins but upon clicking "spend" I get an error saying i do not meet the geological requirements :(

Deleted my cc's and any non US addresses. disabled one click... still the same thing :(

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Will the App developers still get money if I buy their App with coins? I would feel kind of bad if they didn't get anything.

Bulzeeb

My device shows up

Will do this, then report back the results This did the trick. Thanks!

Eh... might have something to do with this. My account is from the US, but I'm outside there.

If nothing works, well.. at least I got $11.50 in credit usable on the phone.

weird I am not from the US and it worked fine for me, I even used 1click buy have you checked your billing address? I use the same U.S address I use to buy stuff from them and I've had no problem at all

Tak3n

Banned
Guys

Major recommendation...once you have done this trick get Bombsquad if you have the fire TV

Amazing game up to 8 players local co-op using phones as controllers (download the app for the controller)... or do what I did and get a 4 port usb hub, plug in 2 wired 360 controllers

best game on the fire TV by a country mile, one reviewer hit it spot on when he said that bombsquad should of been the game they advertised heavily for the fire TV

Guys

Major recommendation...once you have done this trick get Bombsquad if you have the fire TV

Amazing game up to 8 players local co-op using phones as controllers (download the app for the controller)... or do what I did and get a 4 port usb hub, plug in 2 wired 360 controllers

best game on the fire TV by a country mile, one reviewer hit it spot on when he said that bombsquad should of been the game they advertised heavily for the fire TV

This game looks fantastic. That is all.

Seriously tho, this game would make an Ouya not suck that much. It looks like crazy couch fun.

Add in some cocktails and you have hours of fun!

NastyBook

Thanks for this, OP. Got some games for my Nexus that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Good looking out.
Picked up:

• GTA: SA
  • Minecraft
  • Terraria
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Monument Valley

Got tabs up for Scribblenauts Remix and Star Command (looks like a FTL clone)

Should I grab the last two?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Out There is only 200 coins right now, everyone should check that out.

Reccomended: Cook Serve Delicious, Threes, The Last Express

roytheone

Thanks for the tip! I had to use my american Amazon account, but luckily I have an international version phone, so it worked perfectly!

Sol1dus

Thanks for this, OP. Got some games for my Nexus that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Good looking out.
Picked up:

• GTA: SA
  • Minecraft
  • Terraria
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Monument Valley

Got tabs up for Scribblenauts Remix and Star Command (looks like a FTL clone)

Should I grab the last two?

I sunk an hour into Start Command yesterday. Game is dope. Never played FTL but it seems like it, though I think in FTL you can't save?

xtwo

am i seeing things or walking dead season 2 is showing up free on amazon?

edit: or it's suppose to be free.

If anyone wants an extra $3.00, some folks might want to try this:

1) Rent this free movie for $1 MP3 credit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICH5OPO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2) Buy this MP3 album for 99 cents, and you'll get a $3 app credit:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CC9JWM4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Can be done anywhere along in the process, but if you do it before buying GTA:SA you'll be converting the "App Store Promotional Credit" into coins. I am not really sure which one is more valuable but the choice is yours!

corn_fest

Cool. Got Plex, Monument Valley, and the two Rayman games. Finding anything else worthwhile is proving to be difficult, lol. I guess I'll just hold on to the coins.

1) Rent this free movie for $1 MP3 credit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICH5OPO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Can be done anywhere along in the process, but if you do it before buying GTA:SA you'll be converting the "App Store Promotional Credit" into coins. I am not really sure which one is more valuable but the choice is yours!

Thanks! I'm gonna have the while appstore by the time this is over.

_Ryo_

Didn't work... thanks though. :)

Didn't work... thanks though. :)

Are you sure it didn't work? The promo credit didn't now up anywhere for me, but I did get an email about it, which was used once I bought Rayman Jungle Run. Had to check the order details to make sure the credit was applied.

Top Bottom