• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon is offering up $23 in android app store credit for free today.

HoodWinked

downloaded monument valley i dont know anything about this game but saw it frequently on google play and thougth ya i think i'll like it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So, I got GTA:SA last week... the Amazon page for it doesn't seem to recognize this though, it offers me the choice of buying it for 6.99 or using my 699 coins. Is it a trap to try and get me to blow coins on it even though I already got it and the coins from it last week, or will it actually go through?
The "Instant Order Update" indicator just doesn't show up sometimes. It'll stop you if you try to purchase.

Alchemy

Don't be a jerk and do this. It's already a good credit promo you're getting for nothing. If you have abided by the rules, you've already gotten $30+ in app credit plus some free apps. Use it as intended and trying to game the system is only going to help kill offers like this.

I'm sure Amazon doesn't care, if you're turning $23 of coins in Amazon money that is still $23 going to a purchase of something that Amazon is trying to sell. Shit, if is more likely you will use that credit to buy something more expensive if it is used on a physical good instead of a horde of cheap Android apps so it is actually in Amazon's better interest to let people convert coins into store credit.

The only way this would be scummy is if you're somehow turning the $23 of coins into straight cash and just leaving with it.

Marche90

Try going here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps/yourdevices/ref=mas_ya_dv

See if you have any devices, if not, on the left sidebar, look for the "add a device" panel and put in your phone number or email. See if that helps.

My device shows up

I would do 1 of 3 things:

1) Sign out of both Amazon.com and your Amazon App Store, then back into both.

2) Load/sign into the Amazon App Store on another device.

3) Use bluestacks to try and sign into the Amazon App Store.

Will do this, then report back the results This did the trick. Thanks!

And you are in the US right, using an US account?

Eh... might have something to do with this. My account is from the US, but I'm outside there.

If nothing works, well.. at least I got $11.50 in credit usable on the phone.

Plex only seems to offer 30 coins back. Is there a trick to 250 that I'm missing?

Wait nvm, I read it wrong. Glad I never bought Plex before! Should end up with even more money then.

My device shows up

Will do this, then report back the results

Eh... might have something to do with this. My account is from the US, but I'm outside there.

Hola Unblocker if you're outside the US.

Thanks OP! This is a great deal and a great way for me to get into some Android gaming. I just gotta get an Android tablet now. My Galaxy S3 is a bit long in the tooth at the moment.

Plex only seems to offer 30 coins back. Is there a trick to 250 that I'm missing?

They take a little longer to show up. If you have already purchased something from the magic list of apps that get coins back, you can't get it multiple times. You can only earn it once per account. They had a similar promotion a few months back. If you'd done that one you might not get the 250 again.

Also, the website will not indicate the 250 coins will be added to your balance. They just happen. :)

My device shows up

Will do this, then report back the results This did the trick. Thanks!

Did you disable 1-click settings? I'm in Venezuela, and I did this normally from my PC. I do not have a saved credit card, so 1-click is disabled by default.

rSpooky

grr didnt read correctly .. should have stopped at plex and not get that one.. But hey it is all free so no worries. THX :)

vg260

I'm sure Amazon doesn't care, if you're turning $23 of coins in Amazon money that is still $23 going to a purchase of something that Amazon is trying to sell. Shit, if is more likely you will use that credit to buy something more expensive if it is used on a physical good instead of a horde of cheap Android apps so it is actually in Amazon's better interest to let people convert coins into store credit.

The only way this would be scummy is if you're somehow turning the $23 of coins into straight cash and just leaving with it.

How do you know this? Why aren't they giving you regular credit then? Wouldn't it seem they want you to use this credit on their appstore to get you to invest in their app marketplace and that's why they're giving you credit to use on their appstore not their general site? It seems like that's the point of this promo.

JesseZao

How do you know this? Why aren't they giving you regular credit then? Wouldn't it seem they want you to use this credit on their appstore to get you to invest in their app marketplace and that's why they're giving you credit to use on their appstore not their general site? It seems like that's the point of this promo.

No! No, but you see! I'm going to make a bigger purchase that doesn't grow their appstore ecosystem! I'm spending more money so they would surely want that! It's actually illogical for them to expect me to use them on apps!

Bigger purchase!

Logical!

Shouta

Whoa. Buying Gems for Brave Frontier gives half of the cost back in coins... I just got like 50 Gems for the 2250 points I got doing this. o_O

Shouta

You can spend Amazon coins on IAP? Huh.

At least for Brave Frontier you can. I didn't think it would but I uninstalled my google play version and installed the Amazon version. Tried it out and it gave me the option to use my Coins.

DonDraper

Banned
Does anyone know if I'd be able to use the coins to make in app purchases within their version of the Comixology app? I'm not sure if the updated Google Play version allows for using Amazon credits.

Awesome, I just picked up most of the recommendations in the OP along with Super Monkey Ball 2, lol. Still have 930 left, recommendations are welcome. I might just pick up Terreria...

gblues

Banned
Well, thanks to this promo I've picked up:

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Threes
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Monument Valley
SpaceChem
Fruit Ninja (paid, to replace the free edition)

Everything runs beautifully on my Nexus 7.

I wanted to get Words With Friends Pro, but it looks like the only way to turn off ads is via IAP. Can the coins be used for IAP?

Guess I'll just have to try it since Shouta got it to work with a different game.

Marcel

At least for Brave Frontier you can. I didn't think it would but I uninstalled my google play version and installed the Amazon version. Tried it out and it gave me the option to use my Coins.

Tried it on Pinball Arcade and gave me the option to use coins for IAP as well. Pretty cool tip!

Exuro

So the real question now is which final fantasy do I buy for android
I'm pretty sure the amazon appstore only has FF4

FireFrame Paid (was free for the last Amazon Coin thread)
Monki Hide and Seek: English for Kids
Polyhedron Runner
Stack the States
Make me Money Swipe Money Game

All of these are $0.99 and give you 30 coins + 250 coins if it is your first purchase. Do not buy them if you already purchased them as you will lose coins.
So they dont all give you 250, just purchasing one of them?

Boss Mog

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, I had said something about it in the other thread. The first App for Android I bought gave me a $1 MP3 credit and then the song I bought gave me a $3 Apps for Android credit

As a purchaser of a select MP3 from the Amazon Digital Music Store you have earned a $3 credit valid towards games or applications from the Amazon Appstore for Android. We have added the promotional credit to your account and we will automatically apply the balance of your credit to your next purchase. Limit one promotional credit per customer. For additional information, click here www.amazon.com/appspromo/terms. Amazon Appstore for Android is available to customers located in and with billing addresses in the United States. Taxes apply in some states. Your credit expires at 11:59 PM PST on July 31, 2014.

Shouta

Tried it on Pinball Arcade and gave me the option to use coins for IAP as well. Pretty cool tip!

Careful, make sure the game server updates with your purchase. I think I may have lost my IAP from BF because I didn't save lol.

Ah, OK. For BF apparently, it's different versions of the Gems when you purchase them. Interesting.

Reallink

This promo is designed to get people into their App store, where their cut is likely 30% and their terms (concerning pricing and developer cut) may include exclusions when promotional credits like this are applied. Converting this into general credit to spend on physical goods they take a loss on (after shipping) or at margins far lower than 30% is gaming and abusing the system, period. Anyone with half an ounce of sense knows this is not intended, you're just taking advantage of their customer first policies. You can try to justify it however many ways you like it makes you fell better, but at the end of the day, this kind of shit is why they stopped matching prices and jacked Prime to $99 (Fraudulent Student Accounts, Excessive Account Sharing, Etc...).

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Incredible. Thanks OP.

-Vice City
-San Andreas
-Minecraft
-Scribblenauts
-Sonic All Star Racing

Still have like 13 dollars left too.

Top Bottom