• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon leaked Game Board Mode and Stage Builder for Super Smash Bros U.

woopWOOP

Do it Nintendo.
Oh sweet, Mortal Kombat has a strategy mode? I always thought a mode like that would be awesome in a fighting game and would work very well in Smash. Even better if they'd do it like, say, Stratego 4. Four way strategy-fest to complete an on map objective.

Or a Smash version of Mario Party/Monopoly kind of deal, that would be pretty rad too :)

DrStiles

I'm picturing this sort of being like Mario Party, but with all of the Smash Characters and random different battle types instead of the minigames. And I need it now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
STAGE BUILDER FUCK YEAH

JUST DON'T BE AS DISAPPOINTING AS BRAWL'S STAGE BUILDER I̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶

Isn't Command Board literally just a simplified Fortune Street? Not that I mind since I played that for hours on end, and I hope that Smash's version is close to it.

I really enjoy Command Board more than I did with Fortune Street. Fortune Street can be dragging sometime.

IAlso, to me, this disconfirms the whole tower of smash thing, at least in name. If Tower of Smash were the big Wii U mode, it would have been in this description.

Basically, yes.

Tizoc

I'm buying a Wii U

048e6cb88775ddf987aa97568a5b9dbde13ab01f5fa21e78450edb66352a2322.jpg

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I bet "8-Player Smash" is a game-board thing. Like you can have up to eight people playing the board, but most fights don't involve all players, but occasionally there are fights that DO involve all players, and they put you automatically on a huge stage like Palutena's Temple.

YEP!

I have a sad feeling that we're getting our expectations up without reason. Brawl introduced quite a few new modes that sounded promising but ultimately were a let-down. Same goes for most of 3DS's new modes, Smash Run and the blast the targets...

Generally, Smash has a hard time doing any additional modes right. Here's hoping though!

alf717

As for differences between the versions of the game, Sakura stated that an announcement – possibly a Nintendo Direct – highlighting the exclusive features of the Wii U version that will show the "true potential of Smash Bros." was currently in the works and will be released soon.

These must be the features talked about by Sakurai.

Haldinian

One of the sound clips already called Smash Board to Smash World in other language, so with this it's finally confirmed.

Although, a board game mode sounds... boring.

Axass

Sakurai really needs to re-evaluate his trolling and purposefully holding back info considering how everything leaks eventually.

The guy must be heartbroken. Everything, and by that I mean EVERYTHING, he tried to hide and build up to was eventually leaked beforehand. Characters, stages, 3DS modes and menus, release dates, Wii U modes. And all that after he especially said he wouldn't have in game cutscenes because they'd get spoiled on the internet and that he didn't want to share as much info as in the dojo days to not ruin too many surprises. :(

Only Ridley's holding up so far, maybe he'll manage to reveal him playable himself without having the surprise ruined by someone else. *whisper, whisper* Oh what you say my purple overlord? *whisper, whisper* Sure, sure my liege. AhahahaAHAHAhahAHHAHAHHAHHAhHAhahAhahAhhaHAHAHaHAhAhAHAHAHAh.....

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So...is Wii U the best system companion to PC gaming? Seems like it has a decent library already, none of which can be played on a PC. Smash may just push me over the edge.

I am a PC and nintendo gamer, been so for years, its the best.

Smash World is a board game?

Level maker returning?

Master/crazy orders is glorified event match?

Sakurai plz I bought the $40 dollar demo but I need the real game asap!

Forkball

I bet "8-Player Smash" is a game-board thing. Like you can have up to eight people playing the board, but most fights don't involve all players, but occasionally there are fights that DO involve all players, and they put you automatically on a huge stage like Palutena's Temple.

YEP!

I'm betting you're right. Not every stage could fit eight players, so it would be a good way for them to control that experience.

Smash World is a board game?

Level maker returning?

Master/crazy orders is glorified event match?

Sakurai plz I bought the $40 dollar demo but I need the real game asap!

Truth if it were ever spoken.

If board game mode were online, that would be amazing. I highly doubt it, but it would be. Nintendo can just have the software / hardware create save states after every turn to deal with its shitty online infrastructure.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

YEP!

Yeah, I had a feeling that 8 players match might be locked in one of exclusive mode so we can't really access to 8 players on our own.

Busaiku

I was hyped for Smash Run, but that turned out to be a disaster.
Not getting hyped for this until we actually get our hands on it.

Top Bottom