• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon leaked Game Board Mode and Stage Builder for Super Smash Bros U.

I was hyped for Smash Run and it turned out pretty damn good.
So I should be hyped now. And I am.

smash run is alright but the thing is its offline and my bro doesn't like it so I just end up playing it with computers and that gets pretty boring since I always win against them

munchie64

smash run is alright but the thing is its offline and my bro doesn't like it so I just end up playing it with computers and that gets pretty boring since I always win against them
Yeah there's probably a direct correlation to how many people you can play with and your enjoyment of the mode.

Shoulda been online, hopefully the board game mode is.

Pizza

Im not 100% convinced, seeing as Nintendo's own store got the Gamecube controller adapter entirely wrong. Amazon could just be reading gamefaqs or something. Maybe their uncle works at nintendo.

That said, these modes sound rad! Id love board game smash, and I expect the stage builder to actually be good this time!

Exuro

People don't like Smash Run? ;-;
5 minutes of grinding followed by a random mode I can't select isn't exactly fun.

I have a sad feeling that we're getting our expectations up without reason. Brawl introduced quite a few new modes that sounded promising but ultimately were a let-down. Same goes for most of 3DS's new modes, Smash Run and the blast the targets...

Generally, Smash has a hard time doing any additional modes right. Here's hoping though!
What's really annoying is smash run has a door with a break the targets room, so the features are already in the game. I just want the return of melee smash targets. >_> Brawls would have worked too.

I bet "8-Player Smash" is a game-board thing. Like you can have up to eight people playing the board, but most fights don't involve all players, but occasionally there are fights that DO involve all players, and they put you automatically on a huge stage like Palutena's Temple.

YEP!
That would also explain why there's no 5,6, or 7 player modes. If you don't have enough players, AI opponents would fill out the rest. This seems very likely.

People don't like Smash Run? ;-;

You play for 5 minutes by yourself, on a single large stage (why not more than one? It's not like it's expertly designed), then you boost a ton of stats that may or may not have anything to do with the final battle. In fact, some of the final battles you don't even interact with the other players, and it's for only one minute or so.

It's not a bad idea. But it's not great as 'the big feature'

What if they got it wrong and its a Balance Board Mode

nocountry_tommyleejones_lawsuit.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I reckon it's a small scale boardgame a la minigames in those old RPGs and fighting games compared to MP

AdanVC

NO AMAZON, don't leak this awesome features god damn it!! I wanted to be genuinely surprised and everythingg whatever Nintendo was supposed to announce this ;__;. Ahh but if this is true then GOTY omg. Stage Builder has to be way better than the one in Brawl and if it has sharing online compability... HNNNGGHH, the possibilities!

Was hoping for an adventure mode/Subspace Emissary equivalent in this version. I liked having a story with all these Nintendo characters. Hopefully an ending movie is still in the game.

All of the announced features sound great. A more robust stage builder with the ease of use of Gamepad sounds great. Master and Crazy orders give additional content over the lacking 3DS version.

The board games could be amazing. Just give a ton of customization options like time, turns, goal, etc. Those asking about online it may give you a little hope that Fortune Street had online. Also Smash Run really couldn't be online considering it's on a map that 30 times the size of a regular stage and filled with enemies and items. A Smash board game with the occasional match shouldn't be taxing at all. Not saying Nintendo will be smart but don't take Smash Run as evidence.

You play for 5 minutes by yourself, on a single large stage (why not more than one? It's not like it's expertly designed), then you boost a ton of stats that may or may not have anything to do with the final battle. In fact, some of the final battles you don't even interact with the other players, and it's for only one minute or so.

It's not a bad idea. But it's not great as 'the big feature'

I agree. Going through for challenges and it's just not fun.

rekameohs

Banned
I think it is a huge turn off for some people because it lack online.
Online would practically change nothing in that mode since almost the whole thing is solo, and then most of the final battles are either a crapshoot because of the crazy powers, or don't even involve the players interacting.

rob305

Wow I was not really interested in Smash as I would only play it with friends when pre-drinking and the older games had some sort of a learning curve which makes it hard for non gamers to pick up and have fun. Also, its not as random as mario kart and Wii Party U. This changes everything though. If this means the game is getting some sort of Mario Party / Wii Party game board with dices etc, I'm totally in. This would allow less skilled players to still have fun as they can get lucky outside of the fights.
Sign me up!

Wow I was not really interested in Smash as I would only play it with friends when pre-drinking and the older games had some sort of a learning curve which makes it hard for non gamers to pick up and have fun. Also, its not as random as mario kart and Wii Party U. This changes everything though. If this means the game is getting some sort of Mario Party / Wii Party game board with dices etc, I'm totally in. This would allow less skilled players to still have fun as they can get lucky outside of the fights.
Sign me up!

If Smash is considered as having a learning curve that must also eliminate 90% of multiplayer games out there

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just give us a Direct that explains it all, Nintendo.

This "Board Game mode" intrigues me.

Jawmuncher

I was hyped for Smash Run and it turned out pretty damn good.
So I should be hyped now. And I am.

I was hyped for smash run and it turned out pretty damn bad if you ask me. Had I bought the game with that being my selling point I would be in every disappointed gamer.

So I'll hold off until I get actual hands on with the modes. Aside from stage builder. If its At least brawl level that's good.

So Kotaku wrote a story about this. Using your post as the only source.

Do you get any compensation for this, IntelliHeath, or does Kotaku literally pay people to surf the internet and steal content? I mean I knew they were unprofessional but this is ridiculous...

Dat journalism

Sounds neat but why couldn't they have leaked the bonus unlockable characters Lucas/Wolf/Snake/Mewtwo/Ice Climbers?

darkmagus

Yess i hope that the stage builder lets you use franchise themed objects this time. board smash mode sounds so interesting.

I WANT THIS GAME NOW!! lol

Top Bottom