• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Hmm, if the DLC from CK2 in the Paradox 2012 pack are what is also going to be in the CK2 pack (10$/5$ with EC) then I might grab that just for the DLC, honestly.

Sye d'Burns

Paradox 2012 Pack - $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon) I'll have to reconcile tomorrow what activates on Steam:
A Game Of Dwarves
A Game of Dwarves: Ale Pack
A Game of Dwarves: Star Dwarves
Crusader King Complete
Crusader Kings II
Crusader Kings II: African Portraits
Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC
Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits DLC
Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits
Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU
Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Crusader Kings II: The Republic DLC
Starvoid
War of the Roses - House of York Deluxe Edition
War of the Roses: House of Lancaster Armor Set DLC
War of the Roses: House of York Armor Set DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane: Armageddon
Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC

That is a beautiful pack. I already own everything CKII on Gamersgate and everything except Sunset Invasion on Steam, so, virtually twice over, but I'm still tempted by this pack.
I do not own Warlock, War of the Roses, Starvoid or A Game of Dwarves.

That Paradox 2012 Pack is nuts. That crusader 2 dlc. There at least one game I own somewhere in all those bundles.
I got everything else I wanted though.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
That Paradox 2012 Pack is nuts. That crusader 2 dlc. There at least one game I own somewhere in all those bundles.
I got everything else I wanted though.

Indeed it is nuts. Will be buying it the moment it comes up.

dani_dc

For a second I didn't realizing what War of Roses was.

That's an insane pack, I'll be sure to pick it up. Wish I had the foresight to had gotten a few more coupons though.

Warlock's Armageddon DLC, with its introduction of asymmetric victory conditions between you and the AI, is a much better game than the base version. So if you were put off by the original release's bad AI but liked what the game was doing in general, you should really check out the Armageddon DLC.

Guys, I have a question: I just bought The Cave from Amazon, and it's one of those three games that come with a $5 credit. Can I use that credit to lower the price of the Microsoft 5 Game Arcade bundle?

I looked in my email account but I still haven't received anything from Amazon except for the usual order details.

Guys, I have a question: I just bought The Cave from Amazon, and it's one of those three games that come with a $5 credit. Can I use that credit to lower the price of the Microsoft 5 Game Arcade bundle?

I looked in my email account but I still haven't received anything from Amazon except for the usual order details.
Yes you can. If you got an EC coupon, you get it for free.

That Paradox pack is tempting. I really want to give Crusader Kings 2 a try but I'm not sure if I'll realistically ever play it with all the games I all ready have lined up to play and the old favorites I always end up going back to.

thanks for the headup! I just spent my last EC coupon in the Fable bundle. it's a pity it doesn't include the DLC, but for 4,99$ I think it's a great deal

Catshade

Paradox 2012 Ultimate Pack is up. $15 (or $10 with EC coupon) for these:

A Game Of Dwarves
A Game of Dwarves: Ale Pack
A Game of Dwarves: Star Dwarves
Crusader King Complete
Crusader Kings II
Crusader Kings II: African Portraits
Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC
Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits DLC
Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits
Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU
Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Crusader Kings II: The Republic DLC
Starvoid
War of the Roses - House of York Deluxe Edition
War of the Roses: House of Lancaster Armor Set DLC
War of the Roses: House of York Armor Set DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane: Armageddon
Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC

Everything except for Crusader Kings 1 Complete must be activated on Steam.

I don't know anything about Paradox games. I get a whiff of budgety-Ness about them but that could just be unfamiliarity and prejudice on my part. Are any of the games in that bundle actually decent games worth playing over the plethora of other PC games released in the last year or so, or is the appeal here more quantity over quality?

Ledsen

I don't know anything about Paradox games. I get a whiff of budgety-Ness about them but that could just be unfamiliarity and prejudice on my part. Are any of the games in that bundle actually decent games worth playing over the plethora of other PC games released in the last year or so, or is the appeal here more quantity over quality?

Crusader Kings 2 is a wholly unique grand strategy game and Paradox are masters of that genre. There is nothing more high-budget in that small niche, and the game itself is absolutely brilliant. One of my top 5 games last year (a list that also included games like The Walking Dead and Dark Souls). Warlock is sort of a lower-budget Civ V-a-like, but it focuses completely on warfare. It still looks and plays very good. Can't speak to the other games, but it's worth it for CK2 alone imo if you're up for learning a complex but deep game with virtually limitless possibilities. Here's my review on Steam:

Ledsen said:
Imagine being the king of a small European country in the 1400s. Also imagine that you're a homosexual, socially inept dwarf with a penchant for naval strategy. Now imagine your wife is being unfaithful with your overambitious brother who is planning to assassinate you and take your throne, but before he can carry out his plans you are accidentally killed during a fox hunt and your 5-year old daughter takes the throne. This is Crusader Kings II, and you know you want it.

Of course, what you'll actually see in the game isn't quite as exciting as this might sound, and all the traits and events I described here occur through looking at icons and menus and maps and reading short "This thing happened!" event bubbles with a bit of prose. You'll need a bit of imagination to get the most out of it.

I recommend reading a bit of this Let's Play to get an idea of what the game is about:

http://lparchive.org/Crusader-Kings-2/

Crusader Kings 2 is a wholly unique grand strategy game and Paradox are masters of that genre. There is nothing more high-budget in that small niche, and the game itself is absolutely brilliant. One of my top 5 games last year (a list that also included games like The Walking Dead and Dark Souls). Warlock is sort of a lower-budget Civ V-a-like, but it focuses completely on warfare. It still looks and plays very good. Can't speak to the other games, but it's worth it for CK2 alone imo if you're up for learning a complex but deep game with virtually limitless possibilities. Here's my review on Steam:
Thanks for the opinions. I did like Civ V a lot though I'm not sure I have the time to sit down and really get into those types of games at the moment. Need something more pick up and play perhaps...

Shaneus

Speaking of budgety games, I'm regretting passing up on getting Tropico 4 in the Steam sale because it looked budgety. Then I heard Idle Thumbs talking about it. Now I'm sad.

Hey guys,

For those of you having problems viewing keys, it is just a function of the system getting hammered a bit (lay off the sauce system!), it should resolve itself within an hour or so. Also, and I'll put this in the OP. We are definitely going to run out of keys for the Paradox pack today (1/31) pretty quickly. I just spoke with my Paradox contact (he's in Iceland, I guess it is later in the day there ), they are going to try and get us keys by Friday at the latest and have agreed to keep the promotion up until the end of the day on Saturday. The Editor's Choice coupon will be extended FOR THIS PRODUCT ONLY until the end of the day on Saturday, assuming we get the keys.

So, hopefully we'll get more keys between now and the end of the day on Friday.

Cheers,
Tony
Deal is being extending only on the Paradox pack. Anyone got a spare coupon?

Lain

I'm tempted by the Paradox Seas bundle, because of Pirates of Black Cove and the Fable bundle, because even if Fable 3 is steamy shit, it looks pretty.
Then there is the Paradox 2012 bundle, which rocks for all that Warlock and CK2 DLC, though I think CK2 is way too complicated for me and I still haven't even played the base Warlock.
Only 1 coupon and such a hard time deciding.

I just bought the Crusader Kings bundle for one of my friends (snagging The Republic for myself, giving him the rest of the codes), but there is no option to view CD key. I have refreshed several times.

Damn, the Paradox 2012 Ultimate Pack is now listed as "Currently Unavailable". Hopefully they do actually get the keys, or else this coupon is going to go to waste.

Lain

Bought both Fable bundle as well as the Paradox Seas bundle and it looks like I have still another coupon (I have no idea how or why). I'm going to hope for the Paradox 2012 bundle to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom