• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No excuse to own this game now for some folks. got it Earlier this month, and beat the hell out of it. Great game. BTW, just started playing Deadlight, and I'm trying to see why some folks don't like it....

Randy constantly whinging about how things are shit doesn't help. Otherwise it's not bad an hour in. Loving the look of it for the most part.

BadAss2961

I picked up Sleeping Dogs earlier today. How well does it perform? Is it more or less demanding than say... Saints Row 3?

How about that high-res texture pack... Is it necessary? Is it only recommended for higher level rigs?

Aaron

I picked up Sleeping Dogs earlier today. How well does it perform? Is it more or less demanding than say... Saints Row 3?

How about that high-res texture pack... Is it necessary? Is it only recommended for higher level rigs?
It's more flexible than SR3. There's a lot of graphics options, but yeah only get the texture pack if you have a decent graphics card to support it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I have a mid-level grid, and I run it high. With the texture pack too.

Zeth

I picked up Sleeping Dogs the other day before I learned that further discounts were coming each day. First weekend on Steam for me in years, heh. Totally worth it anyway. Spent 8 hours playing this weekend and I love it.

Also probably the best looking and running game I've tried so far on my new 660Ti build. Game runs at 60fps mostly maxed with high res textures. Beautiful.

BadAss2961

It's more flexible than SR3. There's a lot of graphics options, but yeah only get the texture pack if you have a decent graphics card to support it.
I have a mid-level grid, and I run it high. With the texture pack too.
Thanks for the answers.

I'm just running a 4870 1GB with a Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz. So i'm not sure if I should bother with the texture pack.

RoKKeR

yeah bought sleeping dogs. Remember being on the fence during the steam xmas sale but then now its only $10. If I skip lunch, that's it.

LOL
This theory is the downfall of my wallet during Steam sales.

"_____ for $5? Or a stop by McDonalds?"

"I'll take the game."

(Repeat hundreds of times)

Relax.MX

Long shoot, i'm looking for someone with a coupon to help me buy the Microsoft bundle BUT my problem is ....paypal closed my account :( and I don't know when they are going to open my account but I have money on my CC.. if someone want a 5 usd steam/amazon/dd service game for the MS bundle I'm in

Caerith

This theory is the downfall of my wallet during Steam sales.

"_____ for $5? Or a stop by McDonalds?"

"I'll take the game."

(Repeat hundreds of times)
It's a well-documented fact that starving to death is better than eating at McDonald's, so buying video games is really the first step towards a healthier lifestyle.

Rafy

I just bought sleeping dogs for 7.44 euros(9.99$) from the Amazon sale, much cheaper than steam(12.50 euros) . Plus an extra copy of MoTN to trade in the future.
Amazon is slowly becoming more attractive as a DD service, let's hope that a little competition
makes Steam have the discounts it used to...

Catshade

New (and old) Paradox deals coming up soon:

Funny story...my Paradox rep is in Iceland and JUST got back to me. The following will go live as soon as the hamsters wake up:

All will be included in the EC promotion.

1. Pint Sized Paradox Package - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon all Steam) contains:

Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Majesty Gold - HD
Majesty 2 Collection
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Faith
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Albion
Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack

2. Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all activate on Steam, contains:

Crusader Kings II
Magicka Collection
Magicka The Stars Are Left DLC
Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
Victoria II
3. Paradox Majesty Franchise - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all activate on Steam, contains:

Defenders of Ardania Battlemagic
Defenders of Ardania
Defenders of Ardania: The Conjurer's Tricks DLC
Majesty 2 Collection
Majesty Gold - HD
Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Powerful Lords DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane
4. Paradox War Chest - $7.49 (2.49 after coupon) all Steam except Achtung Panzer contains:

Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 - NOT STEAM
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
Hearts of Iron III Collection
King Arthur Collections
King Arthur II
Victoria II
Victoria II: A House Divided - Expansion
Additionally, sometime tomorrow (when OPS is done making the bundles) these will go on sale:

Paradox 2012 Pack - $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon) I'll have to reconcile tomorrow what activates on Steam:
A Game Of Dwarves
A Game of Dwarves: Ale Pack
A Game of Dwarves: Star Dwarves
Crusader King Complete
Crusader Kings II
Crusader Kings II: African Portraits
Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC
Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits DLC
Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits
Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU
Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Crusader Kings II: The Republic DLC
Starvoid
War of the Roses - House of York Deluxe Edition
War of the Roses: House of Lancaster Armor Set DLC
War of the Roses: House of York Armor Set DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane: Armageddon
Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC
Crusader Kings Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon): All Crusader Kings Content Amazon Digital Carries (Crusader Kings Complete + Crusader Kings II + DLC).

Cheers,
Tony

Lain

I grabbed the Burning Hot pack, but I can't seem to be able to play Burnout Paradise. Game crashes during the introduction. It's kinda pissing me off lol.

Solved my problem using compatibility mode, what an utterly fantastic game Burnout Paradise is, just as good as I remembered from playing for a bit on PS3, and it has the awesome female DJ Atomika for the Italian version. Paradise was definitely the best part of the bundle.

szaromir

Banned
Those Crusader Kings 2 DLC bundles annoy me so much. :/ I'll just keep playing CK2 and only buy EU4 once all the DLC is out and bundled in a cheap pack on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom