• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Now take up to a week to deliver games?

Metalmarc

Edit sorey should mentioned in title

Amazon UK

IMG_7803.jpg

Recently I had trouble getting Switch Joycon gel grip covers sent out to me they kept putting back the dates and it took approx a week to deliver and after contacting several times i was told "Oh even though it says instock online, the area wher you lve mustve run out of stock" WTF????

Regardless even though it's available only via EU s.a.r.l I understand this used to be based in Jersey so would take an extra 2-3 days, but have noticed the sneaky buggers have done this a lot with their stuff,especially video games related stuff, wonder if it's a tax avoidance.

Notice it is sold by Amazon and not a market place seller

Tldr: So now you pay for prime in the UK which is meant to be next day, but now more than likely means get your game next week, errr no thanks Amazon i get paid tommorow I will call in the shop on the way home.

ThaPhantom

My copy was actually lost in the mail so I am still waiting. Only reason I didn't cancel it is because I had a couple different promos activated and don't want to lose them. This is the first time Amazon has screwed me though. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Rellik

Shouldn't be using Amazon in the UK anyway. There's so many sites here that will get games to you 1-2 days before release.

Metalmarc

Shouldn't be using Amazon in the UK anyway. There's so many sites here that will get games to you 1-2 days before release.

True but i have already an ongoing prime subscription, which is pre paid for and is meant to be fast delivery.

Think i will cancel prime, but after Mr Robot season 3, tho it may ge cheaper to rent the series or buy it.

MysteryM

I paid 37 odd quid on amazon for my Odyssey preorder, with prime delivery. Arrived on release day with no problems.

Just pre-order early, you save money that way anyhow.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Depends on weather they have stock.
With a big title like mario Odyssey amazon will be shipping 100's of thousands across the UK and Europe , so then its up to Nintendo to supply them.

Metalmarc

Depends on weather they have stock.
With a big title like mario Odyssey amazon will be shipping 100's of thousands across the UK and Europe , so then its up to Nintendo to supply them.

It says Instock though :s can they say instock if they are waiting on shipment?

Jacknapes

If there is a stock situation, then it's probably awaiting stock. Some stores are getting more copies in as they are expecting strong holiday sales.

wrighton

Neo Member
I’ve always had terrible delivery service from Amazon UK and their huge depot is only about 10mins away!

Gran Turismo for me arrived a day late despite being preordered for months.

I think I’ve had at least 4 months free of Prime as compensation for late deliveries.

PrimeBeef

Edit sorey should mentioned in title

Amazon UK

IMG_7803.jpg

Recently I had trouble getting Switch Joycon gel grip covers sent out to me they kept putting back the dates and it took approx a week to deliver and after contacting several times i was told "Oh even though it says instock online, the area wher you lve mustve run out of stock" WTF????

Regardless even though it's available only via EU s.a.r.l I understand this used to be based in Jersey so would take an extra 2-3 days, but have noticed the sneaky buggers have done this a lot with their stuff,especially video games related stuff, wonder if it's a tax avoidance.

Notice it is sold by Amazon and not a market place seller

Tldr: So now you pay for prime in the UK which is meant to be next day, but now more than likely means get your game next week, errr no thanks Amazon i get paid tommorow I will call in the shop on the way home.
It all depends om their access to supply. I have never had an issue with release day shipments, nor two day shipments. Of course none of the games I bought off Amazon were as highly anticipated as SMO. I got the WiiU version of BotW on my porch at 9am release day. But if they cannot get enough to fulfill their preorders it's gonna take a bit to get it to you.

PrimeBeef

Legally, I'm sure they can.

You can always cancel, or maybe if u complain a lot they give you even more discount.
The couple of times I got anything late from Amazon I called and got credits equal to the shipping price for two day shipping. It was nice.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I ordered mario Odyssey from Amazon uk on Thursday and I just got a dispatched mail now saying its coming tomorrow

3 days is pretty good considering how late I pre ordered it.

KRyPT

Neo Member
The game is clearly out of stock (despite what their website claims), once they receive more stock you'll receive the game. I buy almost all of my games from Amazon UK (including Mario Odyssey which I pre-ordered on Wednesday and received on Friday) and have had no issues with them so far.

At the moment new games that are ACTUALLY in stock such as Assassins Creed Origins can be delivered to me in 8-10 hours whereas Odyssey cannot be delivered before Nov 4th.

Smasher89

preordered odyssey on amazon uk(although living in sweden), it got sent the 26th, took payment the 27th (which was kinda strange), arrived the 30th, so the monday after the weekend, no prime.

120v

are we talking about Prime or Prime Now? because Prime Now it should be at your doorstep within a few hours, otherwise there's really no point

Top Bottom