• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon selling re-sealed games as new or cost-cutting shrink-wrap the new norm?

Ultima_5

wgdio.png

why can't i wiggle my mouse over your tag any more and make it bigger.

i did that every single time i see a blamestpace post.

now i have less

never mind it works now

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I should post pictures of my PS1 and Saturn and Sega CD collection all pulled out of their boxes forever and slotted into one of these.

cd-storage-book.jpg

Not sure if anyone confirmed or not as it seems most posts are asking why you have sealed games. I can confirm that my copy has a Y Fold seal. I've had it for over a year. It's possible that they printed an additional run of MH games and the new run only has the shrinkwrap.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
*clears throat*

OK, so back in the era of 360 and only certain Xbox Original games being compatible, I took a pack of multi-colored stickers to place on the spines of the games I knew I could play in my 360 and revel in the additional AA.

Why didn't I just lump all those games together in a pile of their own? Certainly that could have worked, but hey--free stickers. Why not put them to use? Easy to spot on the shelf which ones worked and which didn't.

Then I used another color to denote which games were actually 240p (ummm, ICO?) and would be mangled by my new LCD. Another color for games that couldn't be forced into 480p and should receive proper deinterlacing.

I had a bunch of yellow stickers left over and figured I'd give them a use. Yellow became "still sealed".

Still have plenty of stickers to burn...

Do you put stickers on other things in your home like your toothbrush? Wouldn't want to accidentally use the wrong one.

Do you put stickers on other things in your home like your toothbrush? Wouldn't want to accidentally use the wrong one.

I don't own 300+ toothbrushes, and the toothbrush I own works in my mouth. Every. Time.

Putting Otogi in a 360? That's another story.

Not sure if anyone confirmed or not as it seems most posts are asking why you have sealed games. I can confirm that my copy has a Y Fold seal. I've had it for over a year. It's possible that they printed an additional run of MH games and the new run only has the shrinkwrap.

I know, right? Everyone's going all OCD over why they're shrink-wrapped. ;) Thanks for the confirmation--is yours bilingual?

shake the box.....tell me what you hear XD

If there's a manual in there, it's got to be 2 pages long. The box weighs next to nothing. What is the manual for MH3U supposed to look like?

Lrrr

When I worked at Electronics Boutique we had a shrink-wrap machine right in the back. Employees would straight up borrow and open PC games and bring them back and shrink-wrap them and sell them as new.

I had friends who worked at Gamestop and admitted to the very same thing. I also saw small mom-and-pop stores practice this regularly.

So guys in the U.S. that have Nintendo published Wii U games: do your games have bilingual covers? I'm trying to figure out if Amazon scammed me and sent me Canadian games. I'm pretty sure GC and Wii games from the States have just English text, whereas the Canadian versions have French and English.

Top Bottom