• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Sneaky Pete (Giovanni Ribisi, Bryan Cranston) pilot now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Available here

sneaky-pete.jpg

After leaving prison, Marius takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his cellmate, Pete. He moves in with Pete's long-estranged, unsuspecting family and is roped into the family's bail bond business. He's a criminal taking down other criminals and, in the process, he'll discover the family life he's never had.

Directed by Seth Gordon (King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters)

Story by David Shore and Bryan Cranston

Edit: you should be able to watch the pilot without an Amazon Prime account.

Before I watch have other episodes been filmed or is this a pilot to "sell"

I just hate getting roped in to tv shows only to discover that it was a one and done pilot :(

kirblar

I just hate getting roped in to tv shows only to discover that it was a one and done pilot :(
They have not- Amazon puts up a bunch of legit pilots every year to get feedback on.

Fury451

Banned

Unless Amazon has changed their approach, it's just going to be the pilot for now with option to pick up depending.

Frog-fu

Banned
Hard to believe Amazon would hesitate with Cranston and only sign off on a pilot. You'd think they would try to lock him down for a full season right off the bat at least. That would allow for better, tighter writing and more sustained positive buzz to justify further investment.

Skiesofwonder

I didn't want to post my (brief) impressions in the OP, so I'm putting them here:

I watched the pilot today and it left me wanting more.

Sneaky Pete was originally a CBS show, and later picked up by Amazon. You can see some of the CBS origins through the tone of the pilot (and hopefully the somewhat predictability of the plot can be chalked up to that as well) but what has been layed down shows lots of promise for growth, especially with the potential to now be developed upon outside the confines of network television. The ending specifically got me pumped for what happens next.

I really hope this gets picked up for a full season.

Skiesofwonder

I could be completely wrong but I thought you could watch the pilots without Prime.

Amazon's webpage states that you can watch the pilot for free with their Amazon app so I'm assuming you don't need a prime account to view.

I edited the OP accordingly.

I just saw the pilot and I really liked it. This show has a lot of potential. Those last 5 minutes really wanted me to sit down and watch the next episode immediately, but sadly only the pilot is available. :( Amazon better pick this show up.

Everyone who liked this pilot better vote! Take the survey.

ivysaur12

Banned
If anyone's wondering, it'll almost definitely get ordered to series:

https://twitter.com/Memles/status/633082013348704256

CMkoqyXVAAEAH05.png

It's doing better than almost any other Amazon pilots during their regular pilot season, save for Man in the High Castle, Bosch, and The After (all three of which were ordered to series, and The After, well... it did get a series order, though!)

I actually didn't think this would get any traction, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom