• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ambulance-Official Trailer (Dir. Michael Bay)

mortal

Gold Member
Wait this was a heist movie?

I was under the impression it was going to be a high octane paramedic/first responders premise with a Micheal Bay flair.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Looks like a Money Train remake with actors thinking this is their shot at an Oscar.

Also reminds me of Con Air which isn’t a bad thing.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I really hope there is a quick scene of Jason Statham popping up to shoot at them , just to tie it into Wrath of Man :p

Give me the Bay/Ritchie universe!!

EruditeHobo

The very last thing the insanity that is Bay's aesthetic needed was for him to implement drone footage. Or maybe it was always going to go this way. Regardless, the king of mainstream visual chaos just bought himself a new crown...

Anyways... yes it at least looks more interesting than big CGI cartoons beheading each other and ripping each other's spines out or whatever happened in the last trans-formers movie. And yes I'm sure that I will watch it.

Last edited:

trikster40

Return to form for Michael Bay. This looks great. Great cast, interesting premise, looking forward to a good old-fashioned Bay popcorn flick!

*Nightwing

Michael Bay fail… how do you make a Michael Bay movie called ambulance and not have the very first trailer set to the correct song?:

Opportunity missed by a mile

Ribi

This looks garbage. Leave it to MB to make a movie about an ambulance with guns and explosions.

Also

YCoCg

amberLAmps
SHE was just an innocent woman in LA riding the bus, until ONE DAY, ...All Hell Broke Loose!

She Is
beer-3052782_3771c_hd.jpeg

AMBERLAMPS

Last edited:

sol_bad

Movie is just a simple fun film, nothing amazing. There isn't much set up at all and it gets to the heist as fast as possible. As is typical with a Michael Bay film you don't care about the characters, you are just there to enjoy the ride and it is quite fun. There are a hell of a lot of drone shots, many of them do look good, some don't need to be there.

Some of the action is very jarring, no real flow to them, just videos edited together. As an example, you'll see the ambulance driving in what looks like a warehouse docking bay area but the ambulance is down on the actual road/carpark looking section. Then the next minute the ambulance is driving up on the actual docking bay that trucks reverse their trailers into. You don't see this transition at all, it's like the ambulance just teleports there.

Story spoiler.
I really didn't care for any of the cartel shit, I feel that it bloated the film and didn't need to be there at all.

It had really damn good atmos audio though!!!

Top Bottom