• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

America not getting regular size N3DS, confirmed.

Gnub

I'm sure they did this based on market data. Do we have any idea of how the Small vs XL versions of he 3DS sold in NA since their release?

Effect

And continuing NOA's list of fuckups today, the Majora's Mask Limited Edition doesn't come with the game.

I don't think the last bundle was the standard price. I think it cost more and they have released special editions of the XL in the past that didn't' include games. So this isn't anything new and not a fuck up. People need to calm down.

LAA

I'm actually glad we only have the XL option. Makes deciding so much easier as I and others were having trouble deciding which one to get as both were appealing.

While it doesnt affect me as I'm in UK and I wanted the XL anyway, what a terrible logic.
You'd rather not be burdened with choice? Or a bigger point, you'd rather others wouldn't?

antibolo

Banned
Why are people defending this? If you prefer the XL this doesn't concern you, you're good to go. Some people for whatever reason prefer the small 3ds, why give them shit? especially when it's out in japan/Europe and Australia! Yes Australia!

People will defend Nintendo for everything. I've seen defenders of the region locking and the awful way they handle digital purchases.

I find nintendo hardware decisions to be fucking horrible ever since the wii...

I have an XL with no intention of going small, and I'm probably still going to buy this and sell my XL to my brother, but this is just so fucked for so many people

Tagyhag

I understand why some people would want the regular N3DS, but if it's only due to the backplates, you guys don't assume Nintendo will make some for the XL?

I mean, come on guys, it's Nintendo.

Cuburt

I haven't followed with sales of the new 3DS in Japan since it launched, but wasn't the n3DSXL outselling the regular n3DS by a lot? And this is in a country where handheld gaming and mobile gaming actually does better than console gaming by significant margins and customizing cellphones with accessories is a big thing?

Not really surprising. I bet the regular 3DSXL has been outselling the vanilla 3DS for awhile as well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
America is Land of Big Portions confirmed.
America the land of Nintendo not getting any portions from me because I'm not buying that shit.

I'm sure they did this based on market data. Do we have any idea of how the Small vs XL versions of he 3DS sold in NA since their release?
That's unfair when they pimped the shit out of the XL compared to the normal version. What did the normal version ever get? A Luigi's Mansion bundle? That game was never going to be big here.

I think the most disappointing thing about what we're missing out on in NA is the lack of FULLY-COLORED A/B/X/Y buttons. In the XL, just the letters have the colors. That makes me sad.

Derpyduck

Banned
It's America. Different markets. That's a very, very easy explanation. America might like bigger handhelds. Phones went this way, Nintendo has research to know that it may be true for gaming devices.

And how is that different from Europe where they are releasing the smaller unit? The same issues Nintendo have in the US, they've had throughout Europe.

It's crazy that Nintendo has removed all traces of older 3DS models from their website. They're only focusing on Nintendo 2DS & New 3DS XL. I was planning on getting the latter, but the my significant other really wanted the non-XL version. The least they could do would be to release more colors.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Meanwhile in japan...

B7Uduv5CMAEAKAr.png:large

I'm pissed there's no regular edition with faceplates but I'm also happy.

This makes my decision a lot easier.

(also yay for being unbanned)

This is a big let down for me. Was really looking forward to a nice, portable system with fun faceplates even if I would have had to import some cooler ones from Japan and maybe settle for a black system.

Seeing everyone go nuts over another fugs gold colored Zelda system just makes it all worse.

Fuck region locking and fuck NOA. If I don't get an email for an NOA AMBASSADOR WHITE NEW 3DS in the next month they can kindly suck my balls...

Derpyduck

Banned
I don't think the last bundle was the standard price. I think it cost more and they have released special editions of the XL in the past that didn't' include games. So this isn't anything new and not a fuck up. People need to calm down.

Sorry, but if I buy a console/handheld that's named for a game, I expect to get that game.

Laconic

Banned
It's America. Different markets. That's a very, very easy explanation. America might like bigger handhelds. Phones went this way, Nintendo has research to know that it may be true for gaming devices.

Lol.

That is absurd.

EU and Australia, and, well, all of Asia are getting them, but the U.S. is not?

It does not follow.

It's trying to cram a 1"x1"x1" square peg into a 1" circumference circle hole levels of crazy.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I can't stop laughing at the fact that it doesn't come with an AC adaptor.

It was only a matter of time before NoA unbundled the AC adapter. They've been screwing over other territories like this for some time. I'm not really sure why anyone is surprised by this.

Lol.

It's trying to cram a 1"x1"x1" square peg into a 1" circumference circle hole levels of crazy.

1"x1"x1" square is a 1" cube

Leiru

well I'm not buying the new 3ds then, i was really excited get the normal size, now they can just not have my money

toa95

At this point I'm just holding on to my current XL and waiting for a possible Fire Emblem New XL. If I can't have the small one I might as well wait for something that comes with a game I actually want.

BondFancy

So pissed, I finally was going to get my first 3ds. The lower price, higher pixel density, buttons, and faceplate had sold me on the regular size. Now my only choice is an XL and insult to fucking injury it has no charger...no buy, I will wait for them to get their shit together and release the regular one in NA...

Somnid

That sucks. I'm getting the XL but options are nice. The sales stats on the 3DS versus XL must be really damning. I blame phablets.

Top Bottom