• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: Asylum |OT| Nuns, and nazis, and scares! Oh, my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

I still want Ian Mcshane to be cast :(

Please Murphy.

I assume it's up to him at this point. Lange loved working with him so much that they extended his role as Lee Emerson to two episodes at her request.

Combine this with the information that Murphy is revolving the casting around who she wants to work with more (why though, she seems demanding >_>) and I think Ian McShane is in high consideration for it.

Bossun

So just finished season 2 (and season 1).

Great show.

The two seasons are very different.
Storywise I think I prefer the first one, as the main theme (Haunted house) is fairly understandable.
Picturewise, setwise, season 2 is far superior but the story is really all over the place. Too many main plots that are poorly, or not explained at all, or not focused on enough, which make they seem unimportant.
But man, the set, the atmosphere, really unhealthy, it was awesome.
Great cast too, in both season.

effe

Banned
nice.

season 2 had a lot of dumb plot lines that went nowhere. aliens for example. but im guessing that those same aliens will be revisited later in the series.

bow to Lana though. An awesome lesbian character from Ryan Murphy is honestly shocking.

The locations at which the Salem witchcraft lunacy took place are legit right in my backyard. Please, come to my neck of the woods, cast.

Nemesis_

Did anyone find any clues about witches?

There was a song about spells.

There were also references to potions in one of the final episodes too.

Fuck this sounds amazing.

I'm doing the OT again, by the way. I hope you all liked my efforts with Asylum.

Kathy Bates would be amazing though. Fits it perfectly.

Guess this means Dylan is confirmed to return too?

braves01

Banned
Hype. Witches are cool, but I was really hoping for voodoo based on "I put a spell on you," since Howlin' something something or whoever sings it does it all dressed up like voodoo man.

Nemesis_

Hype. Witches are cool, but I was really hoping for voodoo based on "I put a spell on you," since Howlin' something something or whoever sings it does it all dressed up like voodoo man.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw all of this stuff appear in the season. It's never ONE particular story arc with AHS thus far.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I dunno...I kind of like all the returning cast. Seems like a theater troop that does awesome shit every year.

I do think it's cool, but I also like to see new faces too.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw all of this stuff appear in the season. It's never ONE particular story arc with AHS thus far.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see bigfoot or something this season. It's not gonna just be witches.

My wife is all about voodoo for next season. I can't believe that either of us didn't even think about witches....likely because it'll be in MA (again). Which is fine with us. I can throw a ball and hit the monument to the victims of the witch trials, so this is cool.

Nemesis_

My wife is all about voodoo for next season. I can't believe that either of us didn't even think about witches....likely because it'll be in MA (again). Which is fine with us. I can throw a ball and hit the monument to the victims of the witch trials, so this is cool.

I can see Voodoo making it's way in, somehow.

I also expect at least one CREATURE story (ie. Bigfoot like someone else said)

I'm more intrigued by how they'll tie this together though - wasn't the third season meant to take place primarily in modern day?

Nemesis_

Sorry for the bump, but new news!

Frances Conroy on American Horror Story Season 3, She'll Have a Larger Role This Time

This summer, Ryan Murphy and the American Horror Story team return for a third season.

Since the Asylum story arc wrapped, there has been plenty of fan art created and fan speculation as to where season three will turn.

My money has always been on witchcraft and Dylan McDermott apparently confirmed that at a recent event in Los Angeles. What we do know for sure is that many cast members are returning, including Frances Conroy. ShockTillYouDrop.com spoke with the actress earlier today about season three.

"It's going to start up again in July or August in New Orleans, I'll be part that and will have a fairly substantial part in it," Conroy told us. "I'll be in 10 of the episodes of what I think will be a 13-part season.
That will be interesting to see what's written, the writers are so good and I can't wait to see where it goes." Asked if she, too, can confirm the witchcraft angle, she answered, "I know there's been a little bit of teasing, they're trying to keep it all hush hush so there are surprises. I'm interested in seeing what world we'll inhabit."

Jessica Lange, Taissa Farmiga, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe will all return. Kathy Bates is also set to co-star.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/new...y-season-3-shell-have-a-larger-part-this-time

Nemesis_

I need them to hurry up and confirm Kathy Bates proper. She could be fantastic if she is the antagonist they were talking about.

Nizz

Haven't been keeping up with the developments during the off season, had no idea this new season is about witches. That sounds pretty damn cool, the atmosphere could be pretty creepy if done right.

Nemesis_

Wow, glad to see it finally confirmed. I like the idea of using Coven as a title too, it makes a bit more sense (and it doesn't bind to one location either).

Once promo materials start to hit, should we make a separate hype thread or keep bumping this one?

please tell me zachary quinto isn't coming back. i really can't stand his performances and he can impact the enjoyment of anything he's in for me.

a big reason why i just wasn't feeling this show later on, but everything else was great.

Nemesis_

please tell me zachary quinto isn't coming back. i really can't stand his performances and he can impact the enjoyment of anything he's in for me.

a big reason why i just wasn't feeling this show later on, but everything else was great.

He's finished filming Star Trek, so I think he's free to do this.

I don't think he will though - this seems to be a very women focused series and as far as I can tell Dylan McDermott and Evan Peters are both confirmed returning.

I agree with you though. Zach did a good job in the role but I honestly feel like I'm done with him now. He doesn't really do anything new or interesting for his roles - there was a lot of overlap between Chad and Thredson (though Thredson was obviously a very very very intense exaggerationon of Chad's villainy)

Had a vibe they would do witches or some type of creepy carnival place (to much like an asylum probably) but I wonder what they can come up with past the witches..what are some other american folklore tales they could go after?

pants

Yes please! With this vampire chatter, would be cool if they had the witches be tied into the chupacabra myth as well

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Once promo materials start to hit, should we make a separate hype thread or keep bumping this one?

I think there was an Ayslum hype thread, so why not make one for Coven? (when promo materials start to hit)

what are some other american folklore tales they could go after?

I doubt they'll go after other American folktale type things in Coven. Looking at the weird mix of stuff Asylum had in it, I wouldn't be surprised if Coven had a time travelling policeman from the far future, an anthropomorphic talking dog (preferably using the same dog actor from the first season), a killer clown with a heart of gold, and a gay shoe cobbler who can transform into a penguin.

lexi

Banned
Just finished watching this and I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Season 1, I still have a few unanswered questions, the most confusing to me being:

What was with that character Frances Conroy played? (not the Angel of Death, the new Briarcliff patient who tormented Jude)

Nemesis_

Just finished watching this and I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Season 1, I still have a few unanswered questions, the most confusing to me being:

What was with that character Frances Conroy played? (not the Angel of Death, the new Criarcliff patient who tormented Jude)

I think a few people agreed with me - but people just thought that Jude saw this particular patient as death. It was a sign her psyche was broken, a sign that she knew she was close to death again (even more so if she stayed with this psychotic lesbian character) and as such she took on that form.

That's my theory, at least. It's also a cheap way to get WTF moments out of the viewers too. :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
American Horror Story Adds The Big C's Gabourey Sidibe to Bewitching Season 3

Gabourey Sidibe is going from The Big C to The Scary C.

The Oscar-nominated actress is joining the cast of American Horror Story: Coven, series cocreator Ryan Murphy announced on Twitter Monday morning.

Coven will mark the first time AHS will go on the road and shoot on location. (The Harmon House and asylum interiors of Seasons 1 and 2 were sets on a studio.) “The fun thing is researching what are the really haunted places in America, and we have a couple doozy locales,” Murphy revealed at Paley Fest last month.

And while the name Coven implies a central storyline pertaining to witches, Murphy noted that the scares will come from a variety of sources. “It’s about a lot of things,” he added.

Nemesis_

I'm not familiar with any of her work but I hear she is a fantastic actress.

Surprised they are getting a lot of big guns in this season. I wonder who else they'll go for if that's the last of them?

Kyon

Banned
Best Ensemble Cast awards will be FLUNG at them come award season

I can't

09954248.gif

Nemesis_

Just in case this hasn't been posted already, from IGN.

It has been announced that Kathy Bates will be joining the cast of American Horror Story for the upcoming third season. The actress is set to play the old-friend/nemesis to Jessica Lang’s character, and in a recent interview with TVLine, creator/executive-producer Ryan Murphy revealed that the actress will out-evil any role she has previously played with this one.

“Oh, Kathy’s never [played] someone this bad. Her [character] is a bad, bad woman!” he said, adding that she'll be “five times worse than [her] Misery character — which is why she liked it."

"When I pitched this to Kathy, her mouth was drop-jawed because what I was pitching actually happened," Murphy added. “It’s a true event… You’ll see. It’s some good stuff.”

A true event? A true event eh, Murphy? Well we know that Murphy wanted to reprise the Romeo and Juliet star-crossed lovers aspect of season one, we know that he wanted to infuse an elements of “glam” and now we know Season 3 will be based (at least partially) on a true event.

The American Horror Story players, Frances Conroy, Taissa Farmiga, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters are also all set to rejoin the carnival of monsters in all new roles for Season 3, which is set to shoot this summer and premiere in the fall.

Nemesis_

I suppose pretty fucked up things have happened in AHS already. I can imagine Murphy going the extra mile with Bates.

HERE FOR IT either way.

iRwyEojJZkVU3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom