• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol will end next year after 15 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
About time

Ugh, thank you.

Such an annoying show.

Fox finally ends this shit and brings back X-Files.

Its like I'm in an alternate universe.

The crisis is finally over, America.

Our long national nightmare is finally over

finally over.

Good riddance.

Also, Ivy, you can make your joke for the third time on here

So many salty people who seem bitter that people liked and watched things that they personally did not watch/like.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So many salty people who seem bitter that people liked and watched things that they personally did not watch/like.

Frankly it is pretty bizarre. Do people go into other show cancellation threads with the same emo tirades about how they are super happy that something they never watched is ending?

1247745921656930447.png

death

lol.gif

scamander

Banned
I really hope the German version of the show will follow. It's always been a crappy show, but it's basically unwatchable for at least 7 or 8 years.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
It should have ended when Simon left.

Yup. Whether you hated him or loved him he gave a sense of legitimacy to the show and the premise that contestants could have a future in the industry. Without his resume and calling bullshit bullshit the show lost a lot of that.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You're remembering it wrong..Here is episode one of their season. Their intro: "My dad and I are both writers. I wrote a movie called School of Rock"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYDQu3ckdIU Their intro is around 2:20

That's fair, I probably came in on episode 2 and was like, "That's fucing Ned Schneebly wtf" however, the principle still stands - his path to getting on the show was probably talking to the actual producer. "Hey me and my dad will do it!"

Ryman

I have seen almost every season of AI ( think I missed one, season 10 or 9), and enjoyed the show very much, but I must agree it is time for the show to go. The talent pool is lackluster, the judges aren't that insightful (with the exception of Harry Connick Jr.), and the format is rather tiresome. I suppose I'll watch the final season, just to see the show through to the end. Had season 15 not been the final season, I would have quit watching. It's sad to see it go, but it's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom