• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

I'm glad everyone is happy with it. I realized too late that with the formatting it's kind of trash for viewing on mobiles, so...sorry about that. Hopefully it's a nice advertisement for casual browsers to get interested, which was really my goal.

If I missed something, have a formatting issue or spelling issue, or if you want something added, let me know.

The USMNT and USWNT stuff will get updated, I'm just not sure what I want to do there yet beyond a couple player profiles.

Noice, but one thing: you forgot the Midnight Riders—the first and largest supporters group for the Revs.

http://www.midnightriders.com

After my extensive 8 seconds of research for per supporters group, I can't believe I was wrong!

I'll update the list. :p

EDIT ::::: Updated

Since this is the American Soccer thread, I think we should add the Canadian Men's and Women's National Teams to the list, in honor of our Canadian friends.

Thumbs up!

It's a good idea. When you said it earlier it clicked that since we have Canadian teams in MLS and there's some fans here it only makes sense. I'll update the OP and add something to one of the extra posts at the bottom.

- No Dempsey today for Fulham and Bedoya isn't playing for Nantes.
- Word is that Johannsson will resume training in a week, which is good news.
- Agudelo went 90 for Utrecht this morning. Sounds like he played reasonably well despite the loss.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
TFC are really hyping up the signing of Defoe, and, frankly, it's getting me hyped up for the coming season :D

Also looking forward to seeing the Fury do well in the NASL. This will be a good year for football/soccer.

kIdMuScLe

Hey I'm reposting again before I put the tickets up on StubHub in 2 weeks. I'm selling my 2 tickets for the CONCACAF Champions League of Galaxy vs Tijuana on March 12. asking $50 each. Section 128 row A seats 9-10. Pm me if interested.

Nesotenso

Hey I'm reposting again before I put the tickets up on StubHub in 2 weeks. I'm selling my 2 tickets for the CONCACAF Champions League of Galaxy vs Tijuana on March 12. asking $50 each. Section 128 row A seats 9-10. Pm me if interested.

let people know in the MLS subreddit. Maybe someone will take up your offer there.

blurrygil

I'm gonna be the dick on the OP, although an overall AWESOME job by Askani!

• Formatting!!
  • MLS is so low in the food chain... ;_;
  • Ok, actual criticism: A few more graphics, please. Big walls of text makes it difficult to want to read through. (Although I'll admit I'm a lazy bum)
  • I see extra spaces saved: MLS current standingszesesz, preeeze? Perhaps include USOC standings?

Just some stupid OP begging, is all. Ignore at your own will. But I LOVE the expansiveness of the OP. All those spaces saved!!! <3 Aksani...

From the 2013 thread:

The Culture Vulture said:
The Minnesota Vikings have a new website up today regarding the new stadium they are building. An interesting MLS tidbit.

"The new stadium has been designed to accommodate Major League Soccer (MLS), including a soccer pitch that will be 121×72 yards, typical for MLS facilities. MLS was an important issue for the Vikings, and the Vikings ensured that an opportunity to bring an MLS team into the stadium was included in the stadium legislation. MLS has plans to expand to 24 teams by 2020. Conversations regarding securing a soccer team for this market continue between Vikings representatives and Major League Soccer."

They need to get off their asses and make this happen.

MUFC would be a great addition (Minnesota) to the league. But FUCK me on going to away matches there for playoffs, lol.

Edit: Also, there are multiple SGs for each team. For granted, we in the ECS are by far the largest and most involved; there are certainly others. If you'd like that information, I can post it later for some easy copy+paste action for you. Or I can post this ridiculously massive one about the ECS which could become it's OP, lol. :)

I'm gonna be the dick on the OP, although an overall AWESOME job by Askani!

• Formatting!!
  • MLS is so low in the food chain... ;_;
  • Ok, actual criticism: A few more graphics, please. Big walls of text makes it difficult to want to read through. (Although I'll admit I'm a lazy bum)
  • I see extra spaces saved: MLS current standingszesesz, preeeze? Perhaps include USOC standings?

Just some stupid OP begging, is all. Ignore at your own will. But I LOVE the expansiveness of the OP. All those spaces saved!!! <3 Aksani...

From the 2013 thread:

MUFC would be a great addition (Minnesota) to the league. But FUCK me on going to away matches there for playoffs, lol.

Edit: Also, there are multiple SGs for each team. For granted, we in the ECS are by far the largest and most involved; there are certainly others. If you'd like that information, I can post it later for some easy copy+paste action for you. Or I can post this ridiculously massive one about the ECS which could become it's OP, lol. :)
McGuirre has a leg up on Ziggy in Minnesota. Dont want to see more NASL markets fall though...

UncleO

Lets get the season going!!!! I enjoy the EPL but their is nothing better that being in Sec. 120 with some beer and Crabfries #DOOP #DOOP #DOOP

IM SO HYPED!!!!

Thank you for adding the Canadian stuff to the OP!

Our national team is truly lousy right now but I'm optimistic for the future because a lot of the newer immigrants to Canada come from countries that love soccer. I'm hoping that this along with the 3 MLS academies will improve the national team in the coming decades.

Hieberrr

I just listened to TSN FC's podcast on the way home and they brought up a pretty good point: What if teams start abusing the loan system and use it as a way to get around the DP restrictions and rules?

Osorio

I just listened to TSN FC's podcast on the way home and they brought up a pretty good point: What if teams start abusing the loan system and use it as a way to get around the DP restrictions and rules?

The rules would be re-structured so teams would either not abuse it or abuse it even more.

- Here's the rumored Miami Vice branding via MLSSoccer

aCp7Y9C.jpg

Slizz

Great OP.

I have no clue what Beckham is going to end up doing with his MLS team, but he said he wants to 'make it his own'.

'Welcome back Soccer' is still going to be the tagline for the team I've heard.

Also heard that Becks wants PSG's owners to back the club. Excited from him to return from being a humanitarian in the Philippines(of course I'm not discounting this) and focus on the stadium plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom