• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobbFC09

Didn't realize the USWNT was still playing at the Dome given the weather conditions here in Atlanta. Hopefully they refunded fans who weren't able to make it. Field is awful to look at, but I guess it's nice practice for the 2015 World Cup.

Slizz

Didn't realize the USWNT was still playing at the Dome given the weather conditions here in Atlanta. Hopefully they refunded fans who weren't able to make it. Field is awful to look at, but I guess it's nice practice for the 2015 World Cup.
Yeah. They said refunds will be given up until the 23rd.

Christen Press is that new USWNT striker hotness.

daoster

BgcXKR2CAAIS7m9.jpg

Let the record show that my coworker was just laughing at some funny shots of sad sports fans in crowds, and I opened this thread to show him Timbers Army guy, and we laughed, and it was good

Jeff Carlisle said:
Jerry Green, father of Julian Green, said that his son informed him that he is joining up with #usmnt in Frankfurt just to practice…

Jerry Green added that Julian made no mention of a broader commitment to the #usmnt. "If he had he would have told me."

Just to finish the loop here, U.S. Soccer also confirmed that Julian Green will practice w/ #usmnt in Frankfurt ahed of Ukraine game.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
If the stadium deal works for us, it will be designed by the same firm that did the Colorado, Houston, and KC stadiums.

Saturday roundup:

- Altidore didn't dress for Sunderland in their 1-0 FA Cup win over Southampton
- Fabian Johnson started for Hoffenheim
- Shea didn't dress for Barnsley
- Packwood started for Birmingham and Ream started for Bolton
- Johannsson and Agudelo face off later today provided Aron is fit

Hieberrr

The renders for the new DCU stadium looks like a joke. The upper tiers look like they are composed of maybe 5 rows max each. Talk about terrible use of space and leaving no room for expansion.

Hieberrr

Whoever is working the San Jose/LA preseason match needs to chill on the angle switches.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzZzZzzzZzzzzz....

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Went to go pick up a package at the post office today (Thanks USPS. You knocked on my door, huh? Bullshit.)

lDOLbMCl.jpg

Oh, what could this be?

SWdoeXRl.jpg

Yes.

fEEmiFIl.jpg

Yes.

vOxDwc8l.jpg

Yes.

So pumped for this season to start.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lucky dog, if it wasn't such a drive I totally would have jumped on season tickets too. That looks like an amazing package. If I'm still in the area next year I will totally jump on it.

That's a nice scarf. I'd love to be a season ticket holder. A little too expensive for me right now thought. Maybe next year. I'll just keep purchasing single game tickets here and there. By the way, what's the little ticket in the lid mean? I remember seeing red and yellow ones when looking at season ticket details but I'm still confused about their meaning.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
That's a nice scarf. I'd love to be a season ticket holder. A little too expensive for me right now thought. Maybe next year. I'll just keep purchasing single game tickets here and there. By the way, what's the little ticket in the lid mean? I remember seeing red and yellow ones when looking at season ticket details but I'm still confused about their meaning.

There's two tiers of membership, red and yellow. Red gets all the perks that yellow gets plus a couple more.

Dartastic

Went to go pick up a package at the post office today (Thanks USPS. You knocked on my door, huh? Bullshit.)

lDOLbMCl.jpg

Oh, what could this be?

SWdoeXRl.jpg

Yes.

fEEmiFIl.jpg

Yes.

vOxDwc8l.jpg

Yes.

So pumped for this season to start.
That's really nice. I'd love to be a season ticket holder. It'll be a while though. Hah.

Meier

Whoa! I didn't see this posted?! Bild are saying that Green is going to announce for the US beyond just training with us ahead of the Ukraine friendly. The article is a few days ago, so not sure if anyone else has corroborated this or not..

With US Soccer having confirmed the 18-year-old wonder kid is training with the USMNT ahead of their upcoming friendly with Ukraine, initially it was thought this would just be a small step towards securing the budding star’s services.

Well now, it may mean a lot more than we initially thought. According to German media outlet Bild, Green has made his decision – he’s chosen to play for the United States.

In a massive coup for the USMNT, the Bayern Munich youngster seems to be aiming at an outside shot to make the squad for the World Cup this summer, something that coach Jurgen Klinsmann has apparently told him isn’t out of the question.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...an-green-has-selected-the-usmnt-over-germany/

Video of Johannsson's goal. Klejstan added an assist for Anderlecht, too.

Whoa! I didn't see this posted?! Bild are saying that Green is going to announce for the US beyond just training with us ahead of the Ukraine friendly. The article is a few days ago, so not sure if anyone else has corroborated this or not..

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...an-green-has-selected-the-usmnt-over-germany/
The Bild can be sensationalist and sometimes things get lost in translation. He's definitely headed to check out training with the US team, but I'm not sure how much we know beyond that. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hieberrr

I have a confession to make :(. I envy the U.S. for having such an amazing supporters group in the American Outlaws. Talk about successfully creating a brand. Here, all we have is the Voyageurs and there isn't a brand to speak of. A terrible logo, terrible management, no merch, no plan for growth, etc...

Damn :'(

Meier

So Johannsson, Williams, Kljestan, and Boyd all scored...

Williams:
http://giant.gfycat.com/MistyUnfinishedCommabutterfly.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's a lovely goal. I picked Reading as my second FM save this year and he did fairly well for me for 2 seasons before I offloaded him for about $10m with a 50% sell-on clause.

Askani

I'll fully admit they could be. However I feel like they need a re-branding and a a new start badly so I'm erring on the side of hope. Would like to seem them turn into a team and away from laughing stock.

Slizz

Second logo looks like it could be on a beer bottle.

Becks I think is back from the Philippines this week, hopefully some stadium news breaks this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom