• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Clydefrog

Any lineups out yet?

I'm gonna be on a boat (ah, the life) so I won't be able to watch the game today. Hope we can get a result against Panama!

Kickoff is apparently at 4:50ET, so we should see a lineup in the next half an hour. I expect it'll be similar to the Ghana game. There's more room for experimentation later in the group phase.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Crap I don't think I can watch this game easily. I have PlayStation Vue and in my area I don't get the local channels or Univision. I have an antenna but I don't get a very good signal. I guess I'll have to use it.

#USMNT: Guzan; Zusi, Gonzalez, Besler, Villafaña; McCarty, Acosta; Bedoya, Corona, Rowe; Dwyer. (Hedges, Arriola started vs Ghana) #USAvPAN

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Dartastic

I've never been a huge fan of t-shirt versions of a jersey. Do they sell a replica jersey?

Found a way to watch the match. I didn't realize I could use Fox Soccer Go with my TV provider.
I think this might be the closest we'll get to a replica. Lame. For sure. I'm just not sure I'll have another chance to get something similar. $150 is too rich for my blood, and if the jersey was more widely available I could have a friend who works at Nike buy me it as a "gift." But I just don't think that's going to happen. So it's either the tshirt version, or a replica from a Chinese or Thai place or something. :(

Great goal by Panama. What is the US doing on defense lol

edit: Well US got a draw against Panama

Does anyone know why French Guiana is a CONCACAF team and not CONMEBOL?

I really want to care about this tourney. I really do. Maybe after the group stage.

Does anyone know why French Guiana is a CONCACAF team and not CONMEBOL?

There are 3 South American nations in CONCACAF. They are all beside each other geographically. It is much cheaper for travel to be in CONCACAF. They are also culturally much closer to the Caribbean nations than South American nations. Suriname is actually a founding member of CONCACAF.

Also, regrading French Guiana, CONCACAF has no problem having non-FIFA members. Maybe CONMEBOL does not roll that way.

ZZMitch

Haha Kellyn Acosta's mom liked my tweet telling him to keep working and not be down on himself after one bad game. Pretty cool :p

Clydefrog

Haha Kellyn Acosta's mom liked my tweet telling him to keep working and not be down on himself after one bad game. Pretty cool :p

lol

image.php

I really want to care about this tourney. I really do. Maybe after the group stage.

There are 3 South American nations in CONCACAF. They are all beside each other geographically. It is much cheaper for travel to be in CONCACAF. They are also culturally much closer to the Caribbean nations than South American nations. Suriname is actually a founding member of CONCACAF.

Also, regrading French Guiana, CONCACAF has no problem having non-FIFA members. Maybe CONMEBOL does not roll that way.

What are the other two? Even thought Trinidad & Tobago is very close to South America, I would still consider them as Caribbean and not South American.

ZZMitch

So the guys on the other team of my intramural soccer game tonight told me after the game I look just like Mats Hummels.. I can kind of see it haha.

Looks similar to what they charged at Avaya. It's disappointing that they charge as much as they do, but they're not having any trouble filling these sorts of stadiums for qualifiers.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Ticket prices for World Cup qualifier at Red Bull arena:

I am sitting in the AO section, but I was surprised at even those prices. Then again this is the first time I will have been to a game at Red Bull. All of my other games I have attended have been in Hartford or Mass.

Dartastic

Timbers just changed the date for the game I was going to attend............................... WTF :(
I'm sorry dude. Were you planning on flying out here or something? What are your plans?

...I'm happy with it, personally. It feels like we haven't had a Friday night game in so long.....

Chris R

I'm sorry dude. Were you planning on flying out here or something? What are your plans?

...I'm happy with it, personally. It feels like we haven't had a Friday night game in so long.....

I land Sunday morning, guess I got to find something else to do all day now that I won't be drinking and watching the game.

The Eclipse is on Monday and I fly back home Tuesday night :\

Fucking sucks they are doing this so close to the game, can't adjust work vacation for that extra day off and hotel/flight changes would cost a fortune now.

Dartastic

I land Sunday morning, guess I got to find something else to do all day now that I won't be drinking and watching the game.

The Eclipse is on Monday and I fly back home Tuesday night :\

Fucking sucks they are doing this so close to the game, can't adjust work vacation for that extra day off and hotel/flight changes would cost a fortune now.
I dunno, I'd still look into it. You can almost certainly find a hostel or something that won't be too bad for an extra couple nights, and are you sure you can't find someone to cover for you or something? As far as the plane is concerned, that'd be my biggest problem TBH. I'd still look into it. Who are you flying with? If you're flying with Alaska, maybe you can tweet at them and tell them you're flying out for the Timbers game and ask if they can help you out. They do sponsor the team, after all. :p

Chris R

I dunno, I'd still look into it. You can almost certainly find a hostel or something that won't be too bad for an extra couple nights, and are you sure you can't find someone to cover for you or something? As far as the plane is concerned, that'd be my biggest problem TBH. I'd still look into it. Who are you flying with? If you're flying with Alaska, maybe you can tweet at them and tell them you're flying out for the Timbers game and ask if they can help you out. They do sponsor the team, after all. :p

I am flying with Alaska, but it just won't work out. Already called the team/box office to get a refund on my tickets and let them know I wasn't too happy with the change or the short notice. At least for locals tickets should be cheap because I bet there were hundreds of people just like me flying out for the game before the Eclipse.

Askani

If you aren't watching this SKC vs FC Dallas game...

• Seth Sinovic with his first ever straight red. Ruled DGSO. At midfield so and a little harsh but I reserve judgement from non-homers.
  • Cleats to the knee in midfield on Rubio. Yellow card only. No Endangering the Safety which I will also reserve judgement.
  • SKC goal waved off for a foul on Rubio against the GK. It was a legit call.
  • SKC outshot FC Dallas 3-2 after going down a man.
  • Barrios is real fast. Giving SKC lots of headaches on the wing.
  • Lots of pushing and shoving between both teams before half. Ref losing a little control. Might get more chippy

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...-city-vs-fc-dallas-u-s-open-cup-quarterfinals

Icolin

Banned
If you aren't watching this SKC vs FC Dallas game...

• Seth Sinovic with his first ever straight red. Ruled DGSO. At midfield so and a little harsh but I reserve judgement from non-homers.
  • Cleats to the knee in midfield on Rubio. Yellow card only. No Endangering the Safety which I will also reserve judgement.
  • SKC goal waved off for a foul on Rubio against the GK. It was a legit call.
  • SKC outshot FC Dallas 3-2 after going down a man.
  • Barrios is real fast. Giving SKC lots of headaches on the wing.
  • Lots of pushing and shoving between both teams before half. Ref losing a little control. Might get more chippy

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...-city-vs-fc-dallas-u-s-open-cup-quarterfinals

Sounds like a Gold Cup game.

Askani

Ambulance pulling in to take him out. This is not good.

EDIT ::::

Thumbs up on the way out from Ike. Thank you Zombie Jesus.

Icolin

Banned
Damn, hope Ike's okay. He's had a remarkable return to form this year; best defender in the MLS thus far.

On another note, French Guiana and Honduras are tied 0-0 at halftime. Malouda is playing.

MLS needs to stop this goddamned confetti.

Damn, hope Ike's okay. He's had a remarkable return to form this year; best defender in the MLS thus far.

On another note, French Guiana and Honduras are tied 0-0 at halftime. Malouda is playing.

I have no idea what French Guiana have against Canada. But I think we'll still be okay if it comes down to 3rd place finishers.

Top Bottom