• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatisimo

Lottery is closed!

I assigned the 5 people to a number 1-5 and used random.org to choose a number.

1 hippopuncher12
2 StrikeVillian
3 JazzmanZ
4 PeptoandWhiskey
5 gatisimo

The winner is....5! Congrats gatisimo! I will PM you with details to follow!

I am sorry to those who didnt win, I plan on running to that Toys R Us frequently and I will immediately post if I get some else.

Thanks! I just saw this now! Will send payment ASAP.

Ok...I'm picking up a few extra for the people in this thread..

Toad.jpg

I was able to nab a Sheik pre-order this morning. Other than that, it's been a pretty quiet week for me with regards to amiibo. Hope my amiibros have had some success in their search!

Verified by Visa shit is blocking me from preordering from Future Shop. Best Buy uses it too.

Not happy.

Hopefully Amazon Canada puts them up today.

Verified by Visa shit is blocking me from preordering from Future Shop. Best Buy uses it too.

Not happy.

That verified by visa thing happened years ago. You obviously haven't ordered from them before. Or did so so long ago that you've forgotten your password.

I thought you got through with an order though?

Renewed

Not happy.

Did you ever set up your Verified with Visa? I got around to it one day and lo' and behold, the Majora's Mask LE went up after I got home from work.

I had to panic to input everything. Verified with Visa pops up and I manage to remember my password. I barely got one so I was grateful I had that set up. Don't sleep on it.

Ok...I'm picking up a few extra for the people in this thread..

Toad.jpg

I think it's a bad idea to bank on the Mario Amiibos honestly. I think they will be abundant and restocked frequently. Maybe once more obscure Mario characters start to come out, then those might be trickier, but the ones announced are all popular characters that'll probably always sell well.

Hahaha oh wow

Yeah...that's what I thought.

One for each of your dalmatians and your family of four.

Good idea. I wonder if Futureshop sells dalmations.

Might as well make the jump hahaha

COMMIT TO IT

That bill...

Time to capitalize on the Toad market... I keed.

Boy is it gonna be a shitshow if someone actually does that.

Yeah it's crazy that I was able to add that many to my cart. That's just nuts.

That verified by visa thing happened years ago. You obviously haven't ordered from them before. Or did so so long ago that you've forgotten your password.

I thought you got through with an order though?

I was able to get through the 404s to get them in the cart only.

It doesn't ask for a password, it asks for personal details like mother's maiden name etc.

Busaiku

Can't understand French, but I'm guessing the mail from Amazon.fr is telling me Ike and Shiek shipped.
Was kinda hoping that it'dve shipped after Sunday, so I could try my hand at Target, but I didn't want to take chances, at least with Ike.

Yeah, when they got the figure it showed that the street date was Feb 1 for Sheik, but they still would let them go through with the purchase. I do think there is a chance they just locked them out of the system since I´m also not seeing Rosalinas and they have 26 on the back according to their in-store system.

I´ll be there at 6am anyway, no way I´m miissing out, she is the only one left (Unless TRU fucks up my Lucario preorder)

I´ll argue he is the rarest right now, the Holy Trinity at least is still available for import every now and then or at some stores in europe, Little Mac is not even there. Maybe we should call them the Fab Four.

Messed up what the Target employees did to you.

And yeah I'd say little Mac is the most rare now because he's sold out world wide. Doesn't matter if you try to import, it will still cost you $40USD

CH4OS

So someone in the Nowinstock forums said Target is limiting in store Rosalina purchases to ONE per customer. If true, looks like we might not be helping each other out here.
(But, also if true, we might not have to).

So someone in the Nowinstock forums said Target is limiting in store Rosalina purchases to ONE per customer. If true, looks like we might not be helping each other out here.
(But, also if true, we might not have to).

Two targets near me said the same. Another target said they haven't heard or been told anything about limiting it. I suggested to the manager to keep them behind the counter and limit it and I said other targets and TRU all over the country are going to do it. Hopefully they take my advice....

Odd request...

Could someone PM me a link that has the EU numbering system for the amiibos? I'm at work and all of the sites that seem like they would have it are blocked. I've decided that's the order I want to display them in...at least until I get that IKEA case!

I'm annoyed at ShopTo. Ordered an Ike on Friday and it still hasn't arrived yet. The money has been taken out and they claim that the order was completed so I have no idea what's going on.

I ordered Sheik on Friday and didn't get him/her yet either. I got a text from them two days ago confirming "Sheik has been processed and to wait up to 3 days for it to arrive". So I'm expecting Sheik when I get home.
Shopto have been pretty off with Amiibos lately. I'm sure it'll be fine.

MADGAME

Canada?

I primarily use EB Games and Amazon Canada then a bunch in the USA.

Just annoying

Walmart US website. Yeah, it's annoying. When there is high server traffic the Visa Verification can hang for a while. Walmart does offer a paypal option at least, so at least there is an alternative there.

SaviourMK2

I'm looking to get Villager off of Amazon.de (as it seems to be the only way for me to obtain it).
Even with the cheaper shipping method, it comes to a total of 31.48

Does anyone know where I could buy it for cheaper or is this as good as I'll get?

I'm looking to get Villager off of Amazon.de (as it seems to be the only way for me to obtain it).

Does anyone know where I could buy it for cheaper or is this as good as I'll get?

Just buy more amiibo that you're interested in. Shipping doesn't really get worse when you add more amiibo.

Koppai

This is as good as it will get, if you had bought a few weeks ago I paid $42 for Villager & Marth. Some sites are charging $50 or more. I would bite or see if a GAFFer can help you out.

If it's true about Target then I will probably miss out on Rosalina. I have to work on Sunday at Best Buy, but at least I will get my Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik

Odd request...

Could someone PM me a link that has the EU numbering system for the amiibos? I'm at work and all of the sites that seem like they would have it are blocked. I've decided that's the order I want to display them in...at least until I get that IKEA case!

PM me a your phone number (USA?) and I can text you a pic with all of them in order. I can't type them all up at the moment sorry

melman101

Got shipping notice for Toon Link on Best Buy.com. Where is my Meta Knight and King DeDeDe shipments? LOL!

Oh well. Come on. This slow trickle is killah. LOL

If I order from overseas I try to order multiples. If it costs $40 for two vs $30 for one it feels like I got the second one for super cheap. Try to order a Marth or another kinda rare and maybe someone hear will need it. Or you can craigslist it for cheap

This is as good as it will get, if you had bought a few weeks ago I paid $42 for Villager & Marth. Some sites are charging $50 or more. I would bite or see if a GAFFer can help you out.

If it's true about Target then I will probably miss out on Rosalina. I have to work on Sunday at Best Buy, but at least I will get my Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik

Can you find out any info on Meta Knight? Thanks!

My gf has approved my plan (and will accompany me!) to go to Target before it opens Sunday so I can try for Rosalina :D. I have other stuff I need to get so it won't be completely in vain if it doesn't work out anyway.

lionpants

FYI for ebgames.ca pre-orders...

I just got off the phone with them after receiving an email stating that there were payment issues with my Shulk pre-order. They told me that there is an issue with their system incorrectly sending out payment issue emails and that my orders are fine.

I think you still have to call in to move your affected orders into the shipping state though. I was on hold for about 20 minutes.

They have disabled the emails from going out, but I would still call in to make sure your pre-orders are fine. Would hate to be their support today. :p

EB Games Customers RE: Shulk Pre-Orders

Just got this moments ago from ebgames.ca regarding my Shulk pre-order. Stating there was an issue capturing payment for my order. Nothing wrong with my card. People might want to check their emails if they ordered through them.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm out of the Amiibo game - it's a young man's sport - but is there any sign of getting Pit easily? Still looking...

Fantomex

I don't know why but I have a nagging suspicion Target is gonna put all those Rosalinas out in Saturday and all hell is gonna break loose.

cmurph

Banned
EB Games Customers RE: Shulk Pre-Orders

Just got this moments ago from ebgames.ca regarding my Shulk pre-order. Stating there was an issue capturing payment for my order. Nothing wrong with my card. People might want to check their emails if they ordered through them.

Yeah, definitely a fuck up on their part. My CC is fully loaded and Payment says it is setting in pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom