• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered Sheik on Friday and didn't get him/her yet either. I got a text from them two days ago confirming "Sheik has been processed and to wait up to 3 days for it to arrive". So I'm expecting Sheik when I get home.
Shopto have been pretty off with Amiibos lately. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I ordered Toon Link and Diddy with them last Wednesday after 4pm, so it shipped the next day with second class delivery (}usually they offer first class), it should've come Monday at the very latest and I'm still waiting. I can't send off a lost parcel form until 15 working days after dispatch either. Ridiculous.

I don't want to buy them elsewhere unless I'm stuck with two sets but knowing my luck if it doesn't come, by the time I try and find another Toon Link it'll be out of stock everywhere or at inflated prices :/

Draxal

I'm out of the Amiibo game - it's a young man's sport - but is there any sign of getting Pit easily? Still looking...

It was the only one I had to pay a premium on. I thought they would have released more of him since Pit's kinda the new cover boy of Smash ... but I couldn't find any at launch.

beta_fuse

Yeah, definitely a fuck up on their part. My CC is fully loaded and Payment says it is setting in pending.

Same here, the payment is sitting in pending transactions so I'm assuming everything will be cool on my end. It's slightly worrisome though that it's already 2 people I see having trouble with their Shulk EBgames online order.

Fantomex

Anyone here sold a single Amiibo and had it shipped? I'm wondering approximately how much one in a box weighs.

To ship anywhere in the U.S. priortity it's about $5. The problem is the off shape of the packaging. It makes you have to use a bigger box than needed.

Hazu

EB Games Customers RE: Shulk Pre-Orders

Just got this moments ago from ebgames.ca regarding my Shulk pre-order. Stating there was an issue capturing payment for my order. Nothing wrong with my card. People might want to check their emails if they ordered through them.

Got this email too.

Seriously what the hell. :(

Anyone here sold a single Amiibo and had it shipped? I'm wondering approximately how much one in a box weighs.

I've shipped single Amiibo to contest winners here. With a small box, bubble wrap, and the Amiibo, I guessed it at 6oz. I was wrong haha. The Amiibo itself weighs about 4 to 6oz (but bowser and Dedede are maybe twice that).

My final package weight averaged about 12oz so I was able to ship USPS first class still for a mere $3 to $4 per box. Getting a $10 pocket scale on Amazon helps a lot, I just couldn't find it when I wanted to ship something.

Are you in the us? USPS first class is up to 13oz and is the cheapest option usually. Go USPS priority mail in a small box for about $6 and you can ship 1 to 4 Amiibo for just under 2lbs. I use PayPal multi order shipping to print out labels. Comes with tracking for free.

AdanVC

I want Megaman Amiibo so bad ;___; I don't even care about the other figures anymore and Play-Asia has run out of preorder for the blu bumber.

rjinaz

I use Region A Priority boxes free from USPS. Shipping comes to $6-8. But since it's priority I'll charge an extra couple bucks to offset the price increase.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Another day of waiting begins. O Wave 4 preorders, where art thou?

I want Megaman Amiibo so bad ;___; I don't even care about the other figures anymore and Play-Asia has run out of preorder for the blu bumber.

I too want MM badly. I love the X series the most. I can't wait to get them and paint custom MM's! I hope it'll be easy to make an X armored MM Amiibo custom.

He will probably be common/slightly uncommon. Hopefully I am right. I hope all stores get more than 4 per store.

bumpkin

I totally missed the Amazon preorders for the MP10 Amiibo. I would've been happy with just Toad; no interest whatsoever in MP10 and I have all the characters in their Smash forms anyways.

CH4OS

I too want MM badly. I love the X series the most. I can't wait to get them and paint custom MM's!

He will probably be common/slightly uncommon. Hopefully I am right. I hope all stores get more than 4 per store.

Honestly I can't see very many amiibo being "common" anymore. I mean even the super generic mario amiibo sold out on amazon in a few hours.

Gameboy415

eKvHVhd.jpg

I've never noticed or paid any attention to the Disney amiibos, but anyone else want to crossover with me for this just one Elsa on Sunday at Target? I reckon she would stand absolutely fierce with my Rosalina & Luma figurine.

I actually want to pick that up on Sunday with my Rosalina

FYI - All DI figures are currently on sale for $10 each at Target through Saturday, so you should pick up Elsa (and whatever other ones you want) before Sunday!
I picked up Aladdin yesterday and I'm tempted to grab a few more today. :)

keakster

Just a quick question, I am to assume that no ebgames will have Shulk available for walk-ins? I'm basing it off of the infographic they tweeted where only Toon Link and Bowser explicitly had "some available for walk in" ... has anyone else heard anything different?

Honestly I can't see very many amiibo being "common" anymore. I mean even the super generic mario amiibo sold out on amazon in a few hours.

While you could be right, I think it's a bit early still to judge. People are preordering from multiple places just to secure one Amiibo (I totally am doing this). Those extra orders will be cancelled or returned. Also, Wave 3 and MP10 Amiibo have not been available at all retailers yet. I would bet that the commons will be available more widely all month long once all retailers get them. The Uncommons and rares will probably be sold out all FEB long.

CH4OS

Checked my Master Card and the charge is there from EB Games in the pending section. WTH?

You think that's bad? I still have two pending charges of $199.99 from Fry's and NO Majoras Mask 3DS coming to me :/

My bank said I have to fill out a dispute form and fax it back to them so they can start a case with Fry's. Fry's just make it easy on yourself and send me my Majoras Mask 3DS or else I'm taking you to the cleaners!
(sarcasm)

LordAmused

Just a quick question, I am to assume that no ebgames will have Shulk available for walk-ins? I'm basing it off of the infographic they tweeted where only Toon Link and Bowser explicitly had "some available for walk in" ... has anyone else heard anything different?

I called my local EBGames this morning, and the guy said there wouldn't be any available for walk-in, only for those who pre-ordered. May varies from one store to another though!

I totally missed the Amazon preorders for the MP10 Amiibo. I would've been happy with just Toad; no interest whatsoever in MP10 and I have all the characters in their Smash forms anyways.

As did I :(. Hopefully I'll still be able to get a Toad at some point for at least close to MSRP.

You think that's bad? I still have two pending charges of $199.99 from Fry's and NO Majoras Mask 3DS coming to me :/

My bank said I have to fill out a dispute form and fax it back to them so they can start a case with Fry's. Fry's just make it easy on yourself and send me my Majoras Mask 3DS or else I'm taking you to the cleaners!
(sarcasm)

Oh heck no. With my Credit Cards, I dispute charges and let them deal with it. Happens maybe once every few months.

CH4OS

While you could be right, I think it's a bit early still to judge. People are preordering from multiple places just to secure one Amiibo (I totally am doing this). Those extra orders will be cancelled or returned. Also, Wave 3 and MP10 Amiibo have not been available at all retailers yet. I would bet that the commons will be available more widely all month long once all retailers get them. The Uncommons and rares will probably be sold out all FEB long.

True true. I just keep looking at the list of characters left: Ness, Robin, ROB, Olimar, Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, the list goes on, and I can't see any of these being common or mass produced. All the super popular mario characters are done. Ganondorf may be a little easier to get but than again Sheik (SHE is a woman btw everyone) may have proven that guess wrong.

I guess all this waiting has me thinking too much. Come on Best Buy, get those Wave 4 preorders up!

beta_fuse

Crap, I just got the dreaded payment failure email from Ebgames. I had 2 orders both got the email. Anyone know if this is just an emailing error or is this something we should be worried about?

Edit: NVM just saw the false alarm post. Phew

keakster

I called my local EBGames this morning, and the guy said there wouldn't be any available for walk-in, only for those who pre-ordered. May varies from one store to another though!

Yeah I will probably give mine a try tomorrow just to see, but not getting my hopes up

so I just called my local toys r us to check on Lucario availability tomorrow and they have a grand total of 2 that have not been pre ordered wow. not even worth trying.

True true. I just keep looking at the list of characters left: Ness, Robin, ROB, Olimar, Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, the list goes on, and I can't see any of these being common or mass produced. All the super popular mario characters are done. Ganondorf may be a little easier to get but than again Sheik (SHE is a woman btw everyone) may have proven that guess wrong.

I guess all this waiting has me thinking too much. Come on Best Buy, get those Wave 4 preorders up!

Hmm good point. If this is true, the factories will be producing less new Wave figures and possibly reprint some older rares! Hopefully! Haha

Fyi just got an alert the monster hunter 3DS is back in stock somewhere

FYI - All DI figures are currently on sale for $10 each at Target through Saturday, so you should pick up Elsa (and whatever other ones you want) before Sunday!
Yup some of them look real good. I think I might go get the Big Hero 6 figures and Donald Duck.

SaviourMK2

In THAT case.... STORE PICKUP.

EDIT: It's still priced at 13.99, is there a code or something?

MarkusRJR

FYI for ebgames.ca pre-orders...

I just got off the phone with them after receiving an email stating that there were payment issues with my Shulk pre-order. They told me that there is an issue with their system incorrectly sending out payment issue emails and that my orders are fine.

I think you still have to call in to move your affected orders into the shipping state though. I was on hold for about 20 minutes.

They have disabled the emails from going out, but I would still call in to make sure your pre-orders are fine. Would hate to be their support today. :p
Ahh okay. I freaked out this morning when I got mine. Shulk is basically the only Amiibo I really care about beyond Villager and Ness.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
In THAT case.... STORE PICKUP.

EDIT: It's still priced at 13.99, is there a code or something?

You should be fine just going in. Anna and Elsa aren't rare anymore--I see them all the time. The only really rare DI figures are Violet and Syndrome.

SaviourMK2

You should be fine just going in. Anna and Elsa aren't rare anymore--I see them all the time. The only really rare DI figures are Violet and Syndrome.

Well I didn't wanna go out of my way today to pick her up, I was hoping to pay to pick it up then pick it up on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom