• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneyBP

I'm not confident Little Mac was ever available. I think Amazon is experiencing an error that shows 1 available "that cannot ship to your address" but set off the nowinstock alerts.

Edzi

I'm not confident Little Mac was ever available. I think Amazon is experiencing an error that shows 1 available "that cannot ship to your address" but set off the nowinstock alerts.

I think you may be right, since it's still displaying that for me. I've never seen the "cannot ship to your default address" message before either, so it's definitely weird.

Maybe this means they're getting ready to actually put him up later?
lol, who am I kidding.

Shauni

All this talk of Sheik being super rare has me worried. Had her pre-ordered via Amazon for quite awhile, so I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled or something. I'm okay with getting it later than most places, as long as I get her.

Toki767

Bowser amiibo starting to make it's way to Gamestops in the bay area. They're starting to go in stock in the North and South bay.

Boogiepop

Best Buy shipped my Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik, it seems. Also, that quantum Little Mac (in a state of there yet not there at the same time) is frustrating, as he's the only one I still need from waves 1+2. Still hoping Entertainment Earth will manage to come through, but that seems dicey. Bleh.

beta_fuse

Forgot to change my CC info on Amazon.ca and they said that they couldn't process my order :/ Now that I updated it, my shipping dates are mid-late February. I'm sad.

CH4OS

Hmm good point. If this is true, the factories will be producing less new Wave figures and possibly reprint some older rares! Hopefully! Haha

Fyi just got an alert the monster hunter 3DS is back in stock somewhere

Hmm, it's still available.
Ugh! I don't know if I should just cave for this one or keep trying for the elusive MM 3DS!?

Ignition365

Neo Member

BarneyBP

Here's the response I received on Little Mac from Amazon customer service

The reason why its saying not able to "ship to default address" is because the item hasn't updated on the website that its temporarily out of stock and will not ship out. I'm sorry for the inconvenience it had nothing to do with your address. You can try one of our other merchants or wait til its available again through amazon. It may say 1 left in stock but if you actual try to check out with the Little Mac amiibo it will say they are sold out.

beta_fuse

Jawmuncher

Here's the response I received on Little Mac from Amazon customer service

The reason why its saying not able to "ship to default address" is because the item hasn't updated on the website that its temporarily out of stock and will not ship out. I'm sorry for the inconvenience it had nothing to do with your address. You can try one of our other merchants or wait til its available again through amazon. It may say 1 left in stock but if you actual try to check out with the Little Mac amiibo it will say they are sold out.

Yes I would love to try a over priced merchant thank you.

Piscus

Hmm, it's still available.
Ugh! I don't know if I should just cave for this one or keep trying for the elusive MM 3DS!?

Gamestop's website doesn't charge until it's close to shipping, so you could probably order it now just in case and cancel if you do find a Zelda one. Heck, go to a store and have them do a web-in-store order for free shipping, then return it when it comes if you get the Zelda one in the meantime. I guess the biggest drawback would be spending another $200+ up front, even if you do eventually get it back...

Gamestop's website doesn't charge until it's close to shipping, so you could probably order it now just in case and cancel if you do find a Zelda one. Heck, go to a store and have them do a web-in-store order for free shipping, then return it when it comes if you get the Zelda one in the meantime. I guess the biggest drawback would be spending another $200+ up front, even if you do eventually get it back...

are the web in store orders still available of for the Monster Hunter n3DS?

Wow check out this story about a fight at Target. Crazy. Manager should have waited until both parties walked away though. I'm torn about what I would do, but my rage mode might have taken over had I been in that situation.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2u3iww/saw_a_fist_fight_over_amiibos_today/

Nintendo_seal_of_quality.jpg

Good read.

Dad with the Yoshi assist is at least a 7-3 matchup.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sound like one of those fake reddit story. I don't really buy the story.
Part of me feels like "Well the guy would obviously get mad over some jerk just snatching a toy out of a 6-year-old's hands, making them cry, then making a dash for it" but the fact it was a Yoshi makes me question it when I pretty much always see him, not to mention multiples.

Not to mention manager could've been like "Sir, we can check to see if we have more of that item that you want".

MADGAME

I'll chime in on the Reddit story too. Seems highly unlikely a Target employee would yell FALCON PUNCH during an in-store fistfight.

Horohoro

And both had either 3 or 4...
I expect a huge restock or nothing at all.

Well I'll put her at Diddy Kong level then my TRU had 11(all in store preorders however but the TRU manager is cool 1 per person since amiibo launch apparently in there store.) and each target near me had 4-5

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Honestly I can't see very many amiibo being "common" anymore. I mean even the super generic mario amiibo sold out on amazon in a few hours.

Nothing is common anymore, all hope is lost, cats and dogs, living together, mass hysteria

I'll chime in on the Reddit story too. Seems highly unlikely a Target employee would yell FALCON PUNCH during an in-store fistfight.

Seriously. If it was a rare I'd understand, even an uncommon like Diddy or Samus. Yoshi? Really?

I actually had to hunt for a few days to get my Yoshi. For some reason he was sold out everywhere around Xmas time (high demand?). Then I found him and BAM they're everywhere after that.

The story is mainly about how the dad reacted after his kid's toy was STOLEN from him. But the fact that Yoshi is not rare at all, maybe slightly uncommon, combined with the Target employee yelling Falcon Punch, seems fishy. Still a good read though I guess

rjinaz

I think the story teller just said somebody in the electronic department. Maybe an onlooker?

Real or not, the Father clearly made the wrong decision here. He had the kid in the cart, who was already upset and crying. He then chose to start fighting the guy in front of the kid, having to know jail was ultimately the end game. Let me ask you something? Which is better for the kid, that his daddy is going to jail and the kid will no doubt have to wait there for the mom which will be traumatizing, after beating up a guy over a Yoshi toy or that his Father defended his little kid's pride, over a Yoshi?

The guy that ripped the toy from the kid's hands was a douche and should have been removed from the store by the manager but the Father should have kept his cool.

Tokieda

First post here... At first I decided not to be a part of the amiibo craze because I knew if I bought one, I'd want more of them.
But my sweet, sweet little brother gets me three amiibos for my birthday; Toon Link, Captain Falcon and Villager, and now, predictably, I want more, although I've decided not to go overboard (let's see how that goes).

Anyway, I went to five stores today looking for a Kirby, which for some reason is super rare in Denmark. I've preordered MegaMan, Lucina and Ness. Gonna get Yoshi too, and Mario, Luigi and Toad once the Super Mario collection hits (damn those red bases though). Ironically, every store I've been to today had a Rosalina, but I don't want her... I know I shouldn't complain :p

Anyway, just wanted to join in and say that I love amiibos, even if they're just tiny plastic figures.

Piscus

First post here... At first I decided not to be a part of the amiibo craze because I knew if I bought one, I'd want more of them.
But my sweet, sweet little brother gets me three amiibos for my birthday; Toon Link, Captain Falcon and Villager, and now, predictably, I want more, although I've decided not to go overboard (let's see how that goes).

Anyway, I went to five stores today looking for a Kirby, which for some reason is super rare in Denmark. I've preordered MegaMan, Lucina and Ness. Gonna get Yoshi too, and Mario, Luigi and Toad once the Super Mario collection hits (damn those red bases though). Ironically, every store I've been to today had a Rosalina, but I don't want her... I know I shouldn't complain :p

Anyway, just wanted to join in and say that I love amiibos, even if they're just tiny plastic figures.

Somebody mark this guy's avatar.

Ludist210

Wow check out this story about a fight at Target. Crazy. Manager should have waited until both parties walked away though. I'm torn about what I would do, but my rage mode might have taken over had I been in that situation.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2u3iww/saw_a_fist_fight_over_amiibos_today/
I'm not sure if that's a real story or not, but if ANYONE laid a hand on my daughter, I would knock them out too...and I'm not a very big guy, but I think adrenaline would take over in that situation.

MADGAME

I think the story teller just said somebody in the electronic department. Maybe an onlooker?

Yeah, it doesn't specify an employee. I somehow made that up in my mind and spewed it here.

I hope my Target visit Sunday morning is incident free without sprinting hoarders.

Falcon punch! That line was too perfect and I couldn't resist laughing at that part. Rest of the story is pretty sad all around.

We WORLDSTAAAAAR now (Following Fighting Games Weekly last OT).

Speaking of, when is OT 3?
What suggestions do we have because I know we've had some good ones?

Amiibo| OT 3: Little Mac, Big Problem?
Amiibo| OT 3: Not wave 4, Tsunami 4
Amiibo| OT 3: Amiibos and Amiigals
Amiibo| OT 3: I have Amii-bola
Amiibo| OT 3: Don't sulk over Shulk or freak over Sheik
Amiibo| OT 3: I pre-order 5 just in case
Amiibo| OT 3: Nintendon't know what they're doing
Amiibo| OT 3: F5s at the ready...
Amiibo| OT 3: ...well, the Germans do owe us after WW2.
Amiibo| OT 3: THEY'RE IN STOCK! (That'd really fuck with everyone)
Amiibo| OT 3: NRFB
Amiibo| OT 3: They're better than the games they're for.

I'm not sure if that's a real story or not, but if ANYONE laid a hand on my daughter, I would knock them out too...and I'm not a very big guy, but I think adrenaline would take over in that situation.

Yes easy to criticize the father's actions but very difficult to truly know how you'd react. I mean, understand also that the father was already heated that the guy tried to swipe the item in his cart. If someone took my snickers id be a little ticked like wtf? But the toy was for his kid and trying to take my kid's stuff would tick me off to the point of arguing. Seemingly resolving the issue then the guy snatching it from my kid's hands would probably cause me to flip. Either way I hope the father gets some kind of leniency, but both parties deserve some sort of punishment.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

vsA2mnI.png

Jawmuncher

We WORLDSTAAAAAR now (Following Fighting Games Weekly last OT).

Speaking of, when is OT 3?
What suggestions do we have because I know we've had some good ones?

Amiibo| OT 3: Little Mac, Big Problem?
Amiibo| OT 3: Not wave 4, Tsunami 4
Amiibo| OT 3: Amiibos and Amiigals
Amiibo| OT 3: I have Amii-bola
Amiibo| OT 3: Don't sulk over Shulk or freak over Sheik
Amiibo| OT 3: I pre-order 5 just in case
Amiibo| OT 3: Nintendon't know what they're doing
Amiibo| OT 3: F5s at the ready...
Amiibo| OT 3: ...well, the Germans do owe us after WW2.
Amiibo| OT 3: THEY'RE IN STOCK! (That'd really fuck with everyone)
Amiibo| OT 3: NRFB
Amiibo| OT 3: They're better than the games they're for.

Probably Saturday night. Since Sunday is going to explode the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom