• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Wait, Elsa has blonde hair? Maybe it's just the photo, but her hair looks white.

.........also it'll say amiibo on the packaging. And the name of the character.

i just assumed that Disney hadn't yet gone full anime and given her white hair. Like it was like, platinum blonde or whatever.

Ignition365

Neo Member
Hey buddy, can you check

The Forum at Olympia Parkway, 8234 Agora Parkway, Selma, TX 78154

for me? thanks guy

I'm local... I'm going to a different Target, if you manage to get an extra let me know. I'm hoping it's not going to be a mad house at my Target... but I just can't know.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
EX8rK7E.jpg

Still waiting on order from Germany (villager, wtf and fox), order form uk (Bowser, toon link, Ike, shiek and lucario) and rest from Japan (shulk, sonic, mega man, meta knight and rosalina).

AdanVC

Rosalina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The girl from that freezing movie.

Piscus

Hah I'm Vegas too. Which is the nearest one to you? How many other people from GAF I will have to compete with tomorrow? Man tomorrow's going to suck lol

Nearest to me is Spring Mountain and Rainbow, but according to the employee there, they only got 4 in. Not liking those odds, so I'll probably head elsewhere. There's another guy here in amiiboGAF that's from Vegas too, I met him yesterday at ToysRUs when we were trying to grab Lucario. He's way awesome. The three of us are the only ones I am aware of so far. Get there a bit early! We should all be able to grab what we need, haha.

KaYotiX

Banned
I'm local... I'm going to a different Target, if you manage to get an extra let me know. I'm hoping it's not going to be a mad house at my Target... but I just can't know.

I'll be hitting up most San Antonio targets and few around new Braunfels and maybe san marcos. Gonna be a crazy day.... Hopefully it ends asap, all I want is one.

Damn Amiibos.

Any good affordable storage display options that don't require putting up a shelf? I got 14 amiibo now and they're kind of starting to take over my desk, it'd be nice to display them all at different heights on top of my DVD shelf on my desk.

Ignition365

Neo Member
I'll be hitting up most San Antonio targets and few around new Braunfels and maybe san marcos. Gonna be a crazy day.... Hopefully it ends asap, all I want is one.

Damn Amiibos.

Well, same in mind. If you find an extra Rosalina, keep me in mind. I'll gladly pay you cost plus a little for your effort. I'll do the same if I manage to get any extras.

Fusebox

Banned
TGNST0p.jpg

Just for comparison's sake, my Disney Infinity Elsa and Rosalina amiibo.

Their poses are similar enough to confuse so when you go to buy Rosalina tomorrow at Target, rush on over to the Disney Infinity section and yell, "Rosalin's over here!" and hold up the Elsa figure. That'll divert the attention of all the scalpers and you can go fetch the real Rosalina in peace.

I was a bit disappointed with how plain the dress is on that Elsa figurine. Some of the 1.0 characters like Woody and Mickey have surprisingly detailed outfits but they really got lazy by the time Elsa came out .

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

I'm planning on getting an extra for a buddy in canada. If I can, maybe i'll try to secure a third, but I don't want to look greedy lol. There is another target near me but the one at the forum is the closest for me.

Neo Dark

Nearest to me is Spring Mountain and Rainbow, but according to the employee there, they only got 4 in. Not liking those odds, so I'll probably head elsewhere. There's another guy here in amiiboGAF that's from Vegas too, I met him yesterday at ToysRUs when we were trying to grab Lucario. He's way awesome. The three of us are the only ones I am aware of so far. Get there a bit early! We should all be able to grab what we need, haha.

Was it the guy that had the Ariana Grande avatar? I remember from 2 months ago that person was from Vegas too.

And ugh... my nearest Target are actually that one and the one on Grand Canyon (Target Greenland) since I'm near Spring Valley High School. I think there's another Target nearby on Charleston too. I'm going to whichever Target which has more stock. Possibly the one near Charleston since that one seems to get less customers. I remember on black Fridays that one always seems to have iPad stock for iPad sales even the morning after when I check online.

EDIT: Yeah it's on Charleston. The Boca Park location. Would be nice to know the stock on those two. Oh also for Target employees. Do we have info on how the distribution is going to work? Tickets or anything?

Haha, he's only 5 years old, he's a brindle so he has lots of grey in him.

Speaking of that avatar. I remember you. I helped you crop that avatar xD
We should amiibofy it!

I was a bit disappointed with how plain the dress is on that Elsa figurine. Some of the 1.0 characters like Woody and Mickey have surprisingly detailed outfits but they really got lazy by the time Elsa came out .

If I remember correctly, the Elsa and Anna combo was released about a month before the actual movie released (I know since I picked them up day one). Elsa's popularity was uncertain at the time and maybe they didn't want to spend time with extra detail on a character nobody would buy. But that's just my guess.

Neo Dark

If I remember correctly, the Elsa and Anna combo was released about a month before the actual movie released (I know since I picked them up day one). Elsa's popularity was uncertain at the time and maybe they didn't want to spend time with extra detail on a character nobody would buy. But that's just my guess.

Pretty much. And even then, when they sold out, it took them months to finally replenish stock. Especially when it came to the Frozen toybox pack. So Nintendo's not that bad really especially when Disney is many times larger than Nintendo is and even they had trouble keeping their line in stock.

Man, everyone is getting US Rosalinas early from target, including me!

They didn't pack them very well though, the left one has a couple creases in the cardboard on the top left corner. I normally open all my amiibos, but since the US rosalina is so dang hard to get, this may stay sealed.

FaxuCZX.jpg

v6wVbOK.jpg

melman101

I decided to go Amiibo hunting today. I went to my local Toys R Us (Yonkers), and they had bubkis, nada, nothing. I asked about Lucario, they said they got 4 in and they were instantly gone.

Boo, guess I just gotta wait for my ship to home ones. Might not get any doubles of the exclusives. Gonna try Target tomorrow for Rosalina at opening.

Fusebox

Banned

I reckon you're right.

The Target I'm going to tomorrow has confirmed they are doing a limit of 1 per customer. This is coming from the manager of electronics who is on duty tomorrow when they open. Sweet news.

Piscus

Was it the guy that had the Ariana Grande avatar? I remember from 2 months ago that person was from Vegas too.

And ugh... my nearest Target are actually that one and the one on Grand Canyon (Target Greenland) since I'm near Spring Valley High School. I think there's another Target nearby on Charleston too. I'm going to whichever Target which has more stock. Possibly the one near Charleston since that one seems to get less customers. I remember on black Fridays that one always seems to have iPad stock for iPad sales even the morning after when I check online.

EDIT: Yeah it's on Charleston. The Boca Park location. Would be nice to know the stock on those two. Oh also for Target employees. Do we have info on how the distribution is going to work? Tickets or anything?

That Ariana Grande person was actually me, haha. I went back to my very first avatar for the sake of being amiibo-fied. Just seemed more fitting! The other dude doesn't have an avatar, but we talked a bit a few pages back.

I called four Targets the other day to see what their stock was. I think this is what they said:

Rainbow and Spring Mountain: "I have four in the back."

Flamingo and Grand Canyon: "I have six in the back."

Boca Park: "I don't want to give a number, in case we get more boxes in. Suffice it to say we have more than one right now."

Blue Diamond and Valley View: "Hmm, don't worry about it. We have tons."
Me: "'Tons', meaning like five, or 'tons' meaning like twenty?"
Blue Diamond and Valley View: "Umm, somewhere in between there!"
I get the feeling she didn't even check... Hopefully Beatofficer can give us some idea of what to expect tomorrow so we can plan accordingly. Thanks again for doing this, Beat!

Daggonit, Fox just came back in stock at Best Buy, but I was focused on something else and didn't even realize my alert was going off. I was able to add one to the cart, but by the time I tried checking out with PayPal, it said it was back out of stock.

The only one I really wanted too....

Daggonit, Fox just came back in stock at Best Buy, but I was focused on something else and didn't even realize my alert was going off. I was able to add one to the cart, but by the time I tried checking out with PayPal, it said it was back out of stock.

The only one I really wanted too....

It wasn't the pick up at store Fox that's always in stock?

Neo Dark

That Ariana Grande person was actually me, haha. I went back to my very first avatar for the sake of being amiibo-fied. Just seemed more fitting! The other dude doesn't have an avatar, but we talked a bit a few pages back.

I called four Targets the other day to see what their stock was. I think this is what they said:

Rainbow and Spring Mountain: "I have four in the back."

Flamingo and Grand Canyon: "I have six in the back."

Boca Park: "I don't want to give a number, in case we get more boxes in. Suffice it to say we have more than one right now."

Blue Diamond and Valley View: "Hmm, don't worry about it. We have tons."
Me: "'Tons', meaning like five, or 'tons' meaning like twenty?"
Blue Diamond and Valley View: "Umm, somewhere in between there!"
I get the feeling she didn't even check... Hopefully Beatofficer can give us some idea of what to expect tomorrow so we can plan accordingly. Thanks again for doing this, Beat!

Oh wow. Yeah... It's been a while since I've spent more than 5 minutes in here. Oh well I added you on the friends list on here now so hopefully I won't forget again. Kind of got discouraged after Target kept restocking at times I wasn't at my computer and letting people order lots of them.
As for Boca Park... that really does seem like a lazy response along with Blue Diamond. Hopefully it really is 20. Won't mind driving over there if it is.

I was just looking over all of my Amazon orders and noticed that the Mario Party 10/Mario amiibo bundle went down to $49.99! It's not available right now, of course, but for those that ordered it, that's a nice little surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom