• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

llexan

Give me a few minutes

If you guys want me to check I need specific cities or towns

If you could can you also check Knoxville, TN? Thanks amiibro! I'm hoping getting to one of our local Targets at 6am (they open at 7am) will be enough time to get Rosalina.

Tough game when one of your favorites is a store exclusive haha.

Give me a few minutes

If you could check the Cleveland, OH area that'd be amazing. Zip code around here is 44131.
There's a specific store, Steelyard Commons, 3535 Steelyard Drive, Cleveland, OH 44109 that wouldn't tell me how many they had.

Animekatt

I got mine and a friend's Rosalina in today. She's beautiful!
But still not Daisy :'(
They came in perfectly. I'm debating if I want to get another one tomorrow morning for a trade later down in the year.

I really miss Suncoast. Back when Sailor Moon first became popular in the 90s, that was the place to go to get the VHS tapes and merchandise. I was so happy when my father took me to the mall to get a new Sailor Venus item.

My package arrived finally!

And No, only 1 of these Rosalinas are mine, the other two are for two of my other friends.

To hell with Toys R Us (And Target if it ends up being a bust)

1897756_10205098521398165_3173210995171767065_n.jpg

10449537_10205098531278412_4380658209578520447_n.jpg

10898200_10205098530998405_5795812720982810932_n.jpg

10672223_10205098521638171_6361733786033891827_n.jpg

Those Metaknight tippy toes!

SaviourMK2

Give me a few minutes

Here are the Targets closest to me, if it's not too much trouble

South Windsor CT
125 Buckland Hills Dr, Manchester, CT 06042-8701

Windsor CT
1075 Kennedy Rd, Windsor, CT 06095-1308

Newington CT
3265 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111-5101

New Britain CT
475 Hartford Rd, New Britain, CT 06053-1524

Hey guys do you know where the cheapest possible place I can get the holy trinity from? I've been successful at getting every amiibo except those three locally. Any help is appreciated.

Horohoro

If you could can you also check Knoxville, TN? Thanks amiibro! I'm hoping getting to one of our local Targets at 6am (they open at 7am) will be enough time to get Rosalina.

Tough game when one of your favorites is a store exclusive haha.

Hey Knoxville! I got friends out that way.
Memphis Gaffer here. I always feel alone in this thread as being to far south but not enough south or enough west/ and too far east :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I got mine and a friend's Rosalina in today. She's beautiful!
But still not Daisy :'(
They came in perfectly. I'm debating if I want to get another one tomorrow morning for a trade later down in the year.

I really miss Suncoast. Back when Sailor Moon first became popular in the 90s, that was the place to go to get the VHS tapes and merchandise. I was so happy when my father took me to the mall to get a new Sailor Venus item.

Suncoast is pretty amazing stores for getting some of obscure things before they become more popular here.

sebco

South Windsor CT
125 Buckland Hills Dr, Manchester, CT 06042-8701

Windsor CT
1075 Kennedy Rd, Windsor, CT 06095-1308

Newington CT
3265 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111-5101

New Britain CT
475 Hartford Rd, New Britain, CT 06053-1524

Oh hey a fellow Connecticut guy/gal! I'll be at the South Windsor Target tomorrow at open. Hope to see ya there, it'd be cool to meet up with a fellow AmiiboGAFfer.

Mecca

Give me a few minutes

If you could check for stores in Santa Clara County in California, that would be awesome! Maybe San Jose area? Thank You!

Edit: Added specific addresses

298 W McKinley Ave Sunnyvale CA 94086-6193,

2004 El Camino Real Santa Clara CA 95050-4055,

95 Holger Way San Jose CA 95134-1377,

555 Showers Dr Mountain View CA 94040-1432,

Muzy72

Banned
Just got my Rosalina, Lucario, and Meta Knight amiibo!!

Rosalina and Lucario look perfect, but Meta Knight's mask has black marks on it. Guess I'll try to get a MK locally whenever Best Buy releaaes him. Will upload pics soon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey, would anyone be so kind as to be a "back-up" for me in the chance I can't get Rosalina this week? I might just get one for now (maybe I'll get lucky & they'll still have some later this week when I get more funds), but it'll be for the giveaway I wanna do tomorrow & I really do wanna show my appreciation to the community by being able to make someone happy with a rare or uncommon amiibo.

I'll gladly pay retail + shipping, then once it arrives, I can do the Modbot giveaway.

llexan

Hey Knoxville! I got friends out that way.
Memphis Gaffer here. I always feel alone in this thread as being to far south but not enough south or enough west/ and too far east :p

Hey there fellow Tennessean! I don't know anyone in Memphis but contemplated driving there for a CHVRCHES concert once haha.

Now all we need is someone from Nashville and we'll have TNGaf covered in this thread.

Mecca

Haha, gonna need a slow down, with work and guests and building bikes this is gonna take me a bit but I will get to as many as possible

I really appreciate your offer to help. Thank you. If you can't get to them, no worries. I'll be at Target either way ready to bust some knee caps if a scalper gets in my way. lol

I wonder since it's superbowl sunday if this will even be on people's radars

It might be worse because it's superbowl sunday. That means people will be out doing last minute shopping for any party that they may have later in the afternoon.

TGNST0p.jpg

Just for comparison's sake, my Disney Infinity Elsa and Rosalina amiibo.

Their poses are similar enough to confuse so when you go to buy Rosalina tomorrow at Target, rush on over to the Disney Infinity section and yell, "Rosalin's over here!" and hold up the Elsa figure. That'll divert the attention of all the scalpers and you can go fetch the real Rosalina in peace.

SalvaPot

TGNST0p.jpg

Their poses are similar enough to confuse so when you go to buy Rosalina tomorrow at Target, rush on over to the Disney Infinity section and yell, "Rosalin's over here!" and hold up the Elsa figure. That'll divert the attention of all the scalpers and you can go fetch the real Rosalina in peace.

Or, you know, you could just get Rosalina first.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Grabbed Bowser from GS while out today, canceled the Amazon order that still showed March 2nd for delivery.

Still waiting on a date for our Amazon Mega Man preorder, here's hoping it pans out.

TunaLover

TGNST0p.jpg

Clever idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom