• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

PSA to all with online Lucario orders

Went online chat with TRU about this and this is what I was freaking told I had a preoder in the day they went up it was cancelled an I reinstated it... And this mess is what im told!

"I appreciate your patience with me, Richard! I'm seeing that your order is currently on backorder. With how popular this item was, the item did not reflect the sold out status quickly enough where some orders were still placed when the item had sold out. We are trying to fulfill as many orders as we can, when we can. I know that can be a bit discouraging having to wait longer for your order. We appreciate your patience with us and I apologize for the delay! We will be working on fulfilling your order as soon as we can!"

Absolute NONSENSE!

As long as its not cancelled there is hope, they had my villagers in backorder for 3 weeks until they actually send them. Don´t lose hope yet.

Went online chat with TRU about this and this is what I was freaking told I had a preoder in the day they went up it was cancelled an I reinstated it... And this mess is what im told!

"I appreciate your patience with me, Richard! I'm seeing that your order is currently on backorder. With how popular this item was, the item did not reflect the sold out status quickly enough where some orders were still placed when the item had sold out. We are trying to fulfill as many orders as we can, when we can. I know that can be a bit discouraging having to wait longer for your order. We appreciate your patience with us and I apologize for the delay! We will be working on fulfilling your order as soon as we can!"

Absolute NONSENSE!

Just remember greenwolfe, someone with 50 lucarios probably needed them more than you...

Yea, it's total bullshit btw.

SaviourMK2

Absolute NONSENSE!

Toys R Us is HORSE SHIT, this is why I imported Lucario, I knew they would fuck up

Horohoro

As long as its not cancelled there is hope, they had my villagers in backorder for 3 weeks until they actually send them. Don´t lose hope yet.

How is mine on backorder is my question?
I ordered a Lucario as soon as the page for it went live...
The order got cancelled. I reinstated it immediately...
Now this nonsense unless everyone else's order says the same thing this is bs.

kirby_fox

Banned

Absolute NONSENSE!

I wonder if this is location based, cause mine was fine. Or did you order it alone? I had Luigi in my order to get a deal.

Rocky

Banned

Absolute NONSENSE!

Both of my orders still say "Item on hold until release day". Though it doesn't say what day that is supposed to be.

So TRU looks like they won't get more. Good thing I got one from eBay before it will go to ridiculous pricing.

They have to get more. It would look really bad if they didn't, considering the retail exclusivity.

Just got an email from my Best Buy that Toon Link will be available for pick up tomorrow. I ordered him with Meta Knight and Sonic so it looks like they will let you pick them up as they come in.

My package arrived finally!

And No, only 1 of these Rosalinas are mine, the other two are for two of my other friends.

To hell with Toys R Us (And Target if it ends up being a bust)

1897756_10205098521398165_3173210995171767065_n.jpg

10449537_10205098531278412_4380658209578520447_n.jpg

10898200_10205098530998405_5795812720982810932_n.jpg

10672223_10205098521638171_6361733786033891827_n.jpg
Where did you order from? And how long was shipping? Thanks!

At my store, we're making sure it's 1 per person. The other team lead and I talked about it. I'll be there to enforce the 1 per person rule. We got a total of 28 with about 8 put on hold for people. I can put about 5 more on hold of people are planning on going to the Sacramento arden store. I'm here today until 1230 if any of you guys want to come in and put one on hold.

Would you be able to hold one without somebody coming in today by chance? I'm out in Davis and don't want to make the trip today and tomorrow if I can avoid it.

Or actually, are other stores doing something similar? I could stop and check at the one here first

So TRU looks like they won't get more. Good thing I got one from eBay before it will go to ridiculous pricing.

I wouldn't assume they won't get more. Lucario still shows as an active item in TRU store systems. At this point it's impossible to tell if they'll get more or not. Then again, my TRU has been out of stock of Yoshi for weeks which is also an active item, but there's been no replenishment yet.

Went to Target this morning to have a conversation about Amiibos. I spoke to a knowledgeable employee who informed me they would have 28 at that particular store, and would only be selling one per customer as a loose rule. He said if someone has two kids with them, buying one for each, etc they would sell more than one but will not be allowing bulk purchases. He said a Nintendo rep was in yesterday asking them to restrict multiple sales.

First come first serve of course, and they will only have 4 Sheiks.

Excellent news. Thanks for the info. Hear that peeps? Don't want to be disappointed tomorrow? Ask them today! I'm going to my local Target today to ask as well. Most but not all know about the limit so ask! Gluck all!

Just grabbed my in store Lucario preorders. Another dude came up and was talking to me about trying to find Toon link. I let him know about brick seek and whatever. He said yday he got a Lucario in store when it opened. He said another guy grabbed the 7 Lucario sitting there. Now all they have are preorders in the back they say. How do they allow someone to take all those and then tell people that ordered online they are backordered. This is the exact reason I did 2 in store, 2 online, and one from their ebay site. Trying to get 2 for me and my buddy. I knew I might end up with 5 but due to their incompetence I figured I may get 1 or 2 and that looks to be true. I will try and cancel online ones now. if they come I will try to help out on here. Complete BS and my sympathy to those getting screwed.

SaviourMK2

Where did you order from? And how long was shipping? Thanks!

Amazon Japan, and they released on Jan 22nd, it took a while because it had to be shipped to Tenso, then there was the problem of Tenso being closed on Saturdays and Sundays, and the blizzard that hit the east coast.

Horohoro

Both of my orders still say "Item on hold until release day". Though it doesn't say what day that is supposed to be.

They have to get more. It would look really bad if they didn't, considering the retail exclusivity.

Mine says the same I was just trying to figure out if they knew when they might ship and when I gave them my order number thats what I was told...

So continuing to chat with him about the online orders he said the ebay orders also may not be completely full-filled and priority will be store and tru.com orders first...

Went on a Saturday afternoon Amiibo hunt. Only wave 3 I saw in the wild was Bowser at GameStop and Toys R Us. Everything else was the standard ones, although I saw a few Samusrs at TRU. Didn't really expect to find anything today, I'm honestly surprised at how this entire Amiibo situation has turned out.

StAidan

My Target's still showing 0 Rosalina stock on brickseek, so unless something changes this afternoon I guess I won't bother showing up tomorrow morning. Kind of a relief, I guess. I don't mind if they stock them during the week since I have the kind of job where I can get up and leave pretty much whenever.

Drago

I preordered my Lucario online with that whole 9.99 deal after the ordeal with cancellations. I can wait a few weeks for it to ship out... just hoping it's shipped out before the end of February

He's been there for awhile my TRU had alot... So far he and Toon Link are my only Wave 3 gets....

My TRU are all sold out of both.:(

I have preorders at a few placed for them but frustrating still.

Any word on Wave 4 and Mario Party figure preorders in NA? I have seen nothing online.

I would also like to point out that I showed my email to get my preorder but they didn't enter the order number in the register. They asked how many and went and got them from the back. Then price adjusted them to make up for dollar deposit. I bet if I went back tomorrow and someone else is working I could get them again which would be insane. TRU is awful at this.

Horohoro

I preordered my Lucario online with that whole 9.99 deal after the ordeal with cancellations. I can wait a few weeks for it to ship out... just hoping it's shipped out before the end of February

Still chatting with this guy he said the online ship dates for most of Wave 3 amiibo are the 1st
He said Ike and DeDeDe are the 13th and Megaman and Sonic on the 20th...
This follows in line with what everyone else has said...

So idk anymore he said if they ship that's when they will ship whatever that means to anybody....

Rocky

Banned
Mine says the same I was just trying to figure out if they knew when they might ship and when I gave them my order number thats what I was told...

So continuing to chat with him about the online orders he said the ebay orders also may not be completely full-filled and priority will be store and tru.com orders first...

Bah, just chatted with a CS rep, mine are on backorder too. Fuck Nintendo.

Still chatting with this guy he said the online ship dates for most of Wave 3 amiibo are the 1st

So idk anymore he said if they ship that's when they will ship whatever that means to anybody....
You need a preorder and 2 backup plans just to get a damn figure. So frustrating

Anyone know why California (at least norcal) hasn't seemed to receive any Rosalina's yet? According to brickseek

My Target's still showing 0 Rosalina stock on brickseek, so unless something changes this afternoon I guess I won't bother showing up tomorrow morning. Kind of a relief, I guess. I don't mind if they stock them during the week since I have the kind of job where I can get up and leave pretty much whenever.

I thought I'd heard that if the Target scan street-dated items into a certain location, it doesn't show as available on brickseek? My impression was that unless items show as being on the sales floor, or are scanned in a location for items that are fine to sell, they don't show up on brickseek.

I'd suggest calling your Target to confirm if they have Rosalina for tomorrow or not, get at least an estimate of how many, and maybe a promise that it will be limiting 1 per person tomorrow. Maybe ask if they plan on handing out tickets as guarantees for those waiting in line, just in case there are line jumpers/runners. < This is my plan.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
TRU was a bust this morning. Coming to the realization that I'm probably going to be paying $40 a piece for Lucario and rosealina.

I fucking hate collector toy culture.

DooD1234

Man it been a whole month since I ordered little Mac from a a third party seller for $20 and still haven't showed up. I should contact the seller soon because there no tracking info either.

StAidan

I thought I'd heard that if the Target scan street-dated items into a certain location, it doesn't show as available on brickseek? My impression was that unless items show as being on the sales floor, or are scanned in a location for items that are fine to sell, they don't show up on brickseek.

I'd suggest calling your Target to confirm if they have Rosalina for tomorrow or not, get at least an estimate of how many, and maybe a promise that it will be limiting 1 per person tomorrow. Maybe ask if they plan on handing out tickets as guarantees for those waiting in line, just in case there are line jumpers/runners. < This is my plan.

That is right, apparently its not supposed to appear until the Release Date Hardlock its lifted, so check at midnight.

Whoa, well thanks for the info, I had no idea. I'll do a little extra homework, in that case.

Horohoro

Ok I'm preordering one of everything for Wave 4 from every store that sells amiibos this time.
In store and online.
F sleep, time, gas and money :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Man it been a whole month since I ordered little Mac from a a third party seller for $20 and still haven't showed up. I should contact the seller soon because there no tracking info either.

If it's eBay do it fast since you only have a window to get a refund back from Paypal.

TRU poorly managed Wave 3. The mass cancellations occurred and then the same day that their ebay page started taking preorders for Lucario.

How is it they can mass cancel and then go ahead with opening new preorders?

My guess is that those who had to get their order reinstated ended up being put at the back of the list.

I would also like to point out that I showed my email to get my preorder but they didn't enter the order number in the register. They asked how many and went and got them from the back. Then price adjusted them to make up for dollar deposit. I bet if I went back tomorrow and someone else is working I could get them again which would be insane. TRU is awful at this.

What a stupid cashier. I'm glad everyone at my TRU are competent when it comes to preorders. Someone I spoke to told me a nearby TRU went and sold all the Lucarios they received on the 22nd, along with all Sheiks, Bowsers, and Toon Links they got that day.

Crom

Ok I'm preordering one of everything for Wave 4 from every store that sells amiibos this time.
In store and online.
F sleep, time, gas and money :(

Sadly that seems the way to go because amiibos are likely to be canceled.. Cancel whoever doesn't ship 1st if you don't want more than 1. I ordered a Dedede from Toys R Us on Ebay and now I am thinking they probably won't ship it. Starting to worry about my Best Buy order with Meta Knight too,

G0523

So I went to my local Target today to ask about any amiibo they might have in the back, hopefully getting one more since I snagged a Sheik amiibo earlier this week. The employee told me they don't have any Toon Link in stock (but he checked his talzon instead of actually going in the back so who knows if that's true). He asked me when it was supposed to come out and I said I think last week. He said to try again tomorrow since he knows they're stocking the Rosalina amiibo tomorrow. I asked him how many they have back there and he said he thinks 8(!). 8?! EIGHT?!

I said to him I should probably come by tomorrow when they open and he said maybe to come around 10am or 12pm so that gives them enough time to stock them. Then again he also said they might stock them overnight. Not so sure how reliable this employee was. And their tiny shelf is already so full of Marios and Peachs. Where would they put anything else?! Anyway, he said he can hold a Rosalina amiibo for me in the back and took my name. That was really nice of him to do but I'm not so sure I actually have one guaranteed since he's been pretty unclear about everything else he told me. Tomorrow morning sure is going to be fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom